Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Biggest Floopers (Divers) In Football??
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
We all know Fernando Torres is a honorable man.

The victim was shown the second yellow and got his marching orders
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
That was so weird, he's been spending too much time with Stevie G.... Poor Nando, he needs a new role model
Watch out mate, things could get worse, he may get Drog as his new role model
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I wondered if the other player possibly knocked his foot on accident while Torres was running, thus pushing his leg into his other one. Not a dive, just a clumsy moment.

Edit* Infact now that I'm on a better computer I am pretty sure that is what happened. He didn't dive. The defender knocked his leg into the back of his other one, incidentally of course
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Yes, this wasn't really a dive, if you watch the video footage you see that Torres is clipped a little bit on his boot. Torres just makes it look like a dive because of his sudden head turn to the right
FootyRules (KF Tirana) 4 years ago
Torres is the biggest diver by far
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
After Seeing some amazing diving skills from Iniesta against Netherland,I think he deserves to be here.

Well I rated him as a non-diver.... Ugh I was wrong by a road.  Robben and Sneijder deserve a mention too
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I've seen a lot of United fans saying this was pathetic too. No place for it in the game.

If you're young, skilful, fast and play for a team like Man United, why on Earth would you flop about. Watch the one where he acts like his kidneys have burst inside him
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Watched that match. Didn't see any obvious dive.... Nani is theatrical no doubt but there's contact afterall. Same for Torres. I don't think he tries to make a meal out of O'shea. Ferguson probably wanna divert attentions from his inept defence that let another 2 goals lead slipped again
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He did dive more than once. He didn't even know what to grab, "Oh my face.... Knee.... No my neck ahhh.... "

He left himself in places where he'd get knocked over just by running by. People have been sent off for less in the past. Players shouldn't go down unless there was enough contact to either hurt them or actually make it impossible to continue on without falling. From this video, either a.) Nani is a complete klutz, or be.) he dives as soon as he gets the chance
Damn, that Nani guy is pathetic. What acting!I watched the match and was hoping for Agger to show what he got.  Sure he is the next Ronaldo.
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 4 years ago
Over the last few years, I would say Arsenal are the biggest flops. They dismantle average and average teams but they flop when they play any of the top teams. Too much youth not enough men and they need a striker cause Robin VP gets injured every year. They should trade or let him go. RVP is the other flopper
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
The Italian team learning to dive was classic! I have seen many of those!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Fabrizio Ravanelli was an expert when he played for Marseille, the way he would dive was Top Class. I mean seriously technically the guy 'could' dive!

The Art of Simulation!

La Comedia Dell Arte

Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Despite his awesome football skills, this young man by the name of Suarez is also an absolutely disgraceful simulator.

Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Haven't seen a bit of it in the Premiership so far
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Don't worry, you will
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Busquets hit with a baseball bat!    
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
David Villa ain't that bad, when it comes to "acting"

Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago

Hamit Altintop gets hits in the back by an invisible bullet (Turkey vs Croatia)
Wesblitz (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Totti, hamsik, and to state the odvious, ronaldo
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Can you explain Hamsik?
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Robben is the most consistent diver
FootballDaily (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Rooney is pretty darn good at diving considering his physique

Kick4Life - changing lives through football