Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Best Young Player This Season
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
One of my favorite young prospects this season is Javier Hernandez aka "Chicharito" from Manchester, for his very 1st season in a top European Club, scoring 16 goals with an average realization of 0. 51 goals per games, is a great achievement by the young Mexican. To move from Chivas to the EPL and manage to score week-in week-out, be consistent throughout the exercise and more importantly, to be decisive for Manchester isn't an easy task.
He has the potential to reach a Top Level.

My other favorite young players this season are:

-Pato (AC. Milan)
-Iker Muniain (Atletic Bilbao)
-Gareth Bale (Spurs)
-Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)
-Mario Gotze (Dortmund)
-Smalling, Fabio, Rafael (United)
-Sakho (PSG)
-Neuer (Schalke. 04)
-Henderson (Sunderland)
-Freddy Guarin (FC. Porto)
-Sebastian Giovinco (Parma)

Name your favorite young players this season.
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
I think I will go with gotze and smalling
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Smalling has not played that many games this season.... So I don't know why you went with him
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Smalling has made 30 appearances so far and has played in 8 of our 10 champions league games, only conceding 1 goal. An own goal actually by wes brown
What I like about Smalling, is the fact that he`s very composed and doesn't really make mistakes (I mean Ferguson can rely on him). Thus, being the right CB to replace either Vidic or Ferdinand in case of absence.

Correction: My friend Somere I know you like figures and stats , young Chris has played 22 games so far his season
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Goetze
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Albrighton had an excellent start to the season. It's a shame Gerard Houllier is at the moment relying on a system that doesn't facilitate him as a starter. Well done to Martin O'Neill for spotting the opportunity to give him a chance and having the confidence in him. He's a player to watch out for next season, opportunities permitting and I hope to see him at Man Utd in the near future
No one mention wilshere? And what about Chicharito
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
The best HAS to be javier hernandez, try telling me jack wilshire {who I admire greatly} and would love him at utd, has had more impact than chico, no chance, he's been outstanding.
So my three would be

Hernandez
Wilshire
And seamus colman of everton.... Might surprise a few of you.... Lol, he's a good player
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree with Coleman, I watched one Everton game at the start of the season and knew he was going to be talked about. One of their most impressive players for sure.

Chicha and Wilshire, yea the obvious
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
And they have moved colman from right back into midfield, with great success
They pulled a bale on us lol
TevezFett (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Javier Pastore, Hernandez and Nasri
I like Pastore, he`s a very good playmaker, Palermo`s best player this season. Cavani has also a great future ahead, currently playing great this season at Napoli and doing well for Uruguay too.

I would also like mention Danny Welbeck. Who has been excellent during the 1st part for the season with Sunderland before getting injured. This talented striker will do great in the EPL
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Wilshere, Chicharito, Gotze, and then Bale, got to give props to sturridge though, despit his low playing time he has been amazing at both bolton and chelsea. Yesterday's match against arsenal proved why
Mackiznay (Manchester City) 3 years ago
There are so many amazingly great young players this season! From best to almost best:

Gareth Bale, Mario Gotze, Jack Wilshire, Samir Nasri (I wanted Nasri to do better, but he has had trouble finishing) and Chicharito.

It is also always striking to me that Messi is only 23. Just saying.... He has a lot of years ahead of himself...
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
*He has trouble finishing    Hasnt all of arsenal?
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Nasri has trouble finishing lol. You guys are funny. I'm assuming you havnt seen his brace against Fulham? Argueably two of the best individual goals of the season
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Pastore Chicharito Coleman Wilshere Oezil
Oh damn I forgot all about nasri lol
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Hands down, The best young player this season has been Ozil. The guy has fit in perfectly at Madrid and has been the best midfielder in La Liga this season. First season at real madrid & has already exceeded all expectations. Other young players that were amazing this season are:

1. Chicharito
2. Neymar
3. Goetze
4. Neuer
5. David Luiz
6. Wilshere
7. Pastore
8. Marcelo
9. Bale
10. Rossi
Luiz should be way down the list. Pastore should be one of the top. He has been amazing this season. And so should Jack Wilshere Bale Marcelo
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Patore was ok this season. I also forgot to mention Di Maria. The guy has ripped apart La Liga this season along with Ozil. Move aside Xavi & Iniesta, Ozil & Di Maria are handsdown the 2 best midfielders this season
Anubhz (Bayern München) 3 years ago
1. Ozil  2. Chicharito.  3. NAsri  4. Hummels  5. Neuer  6. Gotze
Has to be Chicharito. Bought for 9million and scored 20 goals in a season. Bargain of the season
Best tactical sub I have seen this season, deserves more praise then he gets
He does get an awful lot of praise now, but that's because he's amazing
9mil you would deffo not expect 20 goals. If he scores in the champions league final that would be amazing
I agreee^
He's gonna' score a hat trick
Haha. I'm going 2-1 with him scoring the winner

Kick4Life - changing lives through football