Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Best Goal Ever?
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
How about this for a touch, Robbie Fowler

Or this for a touch? Bergkamp vs Leicester

Here also is Zinedine Zidane speaking of some of his own favourite goals. His first goal in ligue 1 is ridiculous of course haha. The first and last(of part one) are my favorites. The touch and control on that last goal makes me both very happy and very sad. Sad because I will never be able to do that haha, but happy that I can witness it, and try and learn from it. Zidane himself said it was his favourite goal from the French national team. Go on Zidane you are a true icon of a whole generation.

And of course the most recent one, that has been of much discussion recently. Messi vs Getafe, the curler we will call it. Because there is the famous goal he scored against Getafe in the Copa del Rey which might get confused, were he dribbles through the whole team and beats the goalkeeper. This is the "gol de imposible dos" of Lionel Messi.

And "gol de imposible uno" of Johan Cruijff. It is considered by many Barcelona fans to be one of the best ever goals. It would be interesting to see how they think it stacks up to the recent goal of Messi. Personally I think Messi's is better, much more difficult. But Cruijff's was a very original goal, no one had ever seen a goal like it before. Flying ninja kicks were not commonplace back then hahaha.

Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Great post, thanks for that. Lovely to see Fowler at his best
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Thank you Ant
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
Its hard to choose just one of the thousands of goals that have been scored world wide but I say either ronaldo vs porto or zidane volley
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I prefer Seedorf and Bergamp !
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Here are my favorites

Paolo Di Canio Goal V Wimbeldon

Scholes VS Aston Villa

Dennis Bergkamp v Newcastle

Bentley vs Arsenal

Essien VS Arsenal

Robin van Persie vs Charlton

Ronaldo vs Portsmouth

Shearer v Everton

Rooney vs Newcastle

Steven Gerrard VS West Ham

Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
The george weah goal from years back was hard to beat, and there have been many great goals, some we can't even remember, and me as usual being bias, must go for the george best chest control and delicate lob against tottenham hotspur.... Sublime skill.
And marco van basten scored too many good goals to remember, its something we could argue about for a lifetime
Zishan07 (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Pretty much anything by Dennis Bergkamp
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I would say Casper, he's definitely up there....

And then of course Bruce Willis

OH MY BAD you meant g-o-a-l.... I was thinking g-h-o-u-l

Messi's run against Getafe is pretty amazing
XXTHoMzAXx (Liverpool) 5 years ago
How about this 40 metre rocket shot I found  
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Wow, that was amazing. Even 40 yards out, he could curl the ball so well, and it's like rocket that blasted into the net
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Wow, that was amazing
SHUNGEN (Nagoya Grampus) 5 years ago
I have seen one scored by some player in Bolton Wanderers a few seasons ago.... (2006?), anyways, he scored a goal that was more than 200km/h or something. That was amazing to me.... I just can't find the link on youtube.... If anyone can that'll be great!
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Jay Jay Okocha?
Riggs (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Someone mentioned it on page 2, but still no video.

Thank you patrick viera

Docdre99 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Yes, for sure man !
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
M van basten was A big stricker...
Fantastic goal by a keeper !

Bertran Laquait was the keeper of Charleroi (Belgium) Look !

Always Van Basten ! During euro 1988    
Look at this one !

Marco Van Basten with Ajax !

Kick4Life - changing lives through football