Order: Newest / Oldest
Best Football Game You Have Ever Seen
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Italy-germany world cup 2006 semi finals
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
That was a classic. I wish I was alive to watch the one in 1970
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Just yesterday.

I found the second half of United-Arsenal, a beauty to watch. I enjoyed it, although I was rooting for Arsenal, it is the kind of football that I love to watch.

It is hard to pick the "best one". World Cup matches are the first ones that greatly impressed me.

I think France-Brazil 1-1 in 1996 is one of them
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
To Not in order
Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan(Penalties 3-2)
Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal
Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool
Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United
Liverpool 3-1 Olympiakos
Barcelona 6-2 Real Madrid
Liverpool 6-0 Derby
Liverpool 8-0 Besiktas
Nigeria 4-0 South Africa
Liverpool 5-0 Aston Villa
Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid
Tottenham 3-1 Inter Milan
Czech Republic 2-3 Turkey  Tottenham 4-5 Arsenal  Arsenal 2-3 Tottenham
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Liverpool's 5-4 win over Alaves in 2001 in the UEFA cup final was really good too
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
The greatest game I have ever seen in my life. It was the Greatest day of my life so far. Brazil vs Germany in the 2002 World Cup Final.

Yoh64fr (Bordeaux) 3 years ago
France - Brazil 2006 1/4 of the WC.

Last time I saw my beloved French players shine like that. Zidane decided to put on a last show (I still have goosebumps thinking about his tricks during that game). Makelele & Viera were equally amazing, it was fantastic to see those players that the press labeled as washed out, play with their pride and a fierce will to show everybody wrong. But I can say the same for the whole team it was like everybody was playing on the same channel on the same tempo. Sagnol was also brillant (god we miss him, Sagna is a joke compared to him).

Ribery was also the fresh and "innocent" player of the Ligue 1 the biggest suprise see him able to play at the same level with the maestros was amazing and future seemed bright.

However this game would be the last one I enjoyed from France until now. But f**k I remember getting the kick of my life out of this game, breathtaking (Zidane was dancing sometimes with the ball), exiting, and also scary!

I will bore my children when I'll tell them the tales of Zidane just like my father did with me with Platini!

Zizou, Zizou, Zizou, Zizou, Zizou, Zizou, Zizou!

JustGary (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I'm not going to write too much about this match because even the highlight video does enough.

This was a replay. In the first game the two teams both played great football (some of the best ever played in England). The teams couldn't be separated by the first game and each side could have won. Almost all observers agreed the result of the first match was a fair result and a thrilling match.

Arsenal were the league and cup holders and even more than that they had a formidable side and were just playing terrific football. Arsenal had developed a side that challenged and arguably surpassed Manchester United as the dominant football team in England at that time. Manchester United were having to respond and up their game from the previous season where almost unbelievably their midfield pair of greats - Keane and Scholes - had been outplayed by Vierra and Petit throughout the season.

Although Manchester United were the league leaders at that time both sides were striving not only to win the match but for supremacy in England and Europe. The quality of football was second to none and the drama in the match just had everything!

Best goalkeepers in the world,
Great players,
Great goals,
Great players scoring great goals,
Great saves,
Disallowed goals,
Yellow cards and a sending off,
A Penalty in stoppage time, and
In the dying minutes of the second period of extra time in the replay match, after 240 minutes (yes 6 hours of incredibly high quality football by both sides) a wonder goal!!
With 10 men beating 11.

Enjoy!

Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Crazy!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Well this is a game I attended and sat in the stretford end with my son and nephew that night, and I still can't remember most of it....Lol, amazing game, with being behind from the first leg, add to that all the problems for utd fans when they were in rome with the roma fans and the italian police, and the crowd were just up for it, and so were the team, and took them apart.
Man UTD 7 ROMA 1

JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
My three favorites are:

1. Brazil vs Germany in the 2002 in the World cup Final.
2. Inter vs Barcelona first leg 2009/2010 Champions league
3. Barcelona vs Chelsea second leg 2008/2009 Champions League
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
That clash between Barca and Blues was a great game with a lovely goal by Iniesta
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Zlatan, I will have to admit even as a barca fan, it was very terrible game played by the referees. Those 4 penalty moments
True, however in modern football teams have to deal with controversial/poor decisions by referees no matter what the final result is going to be. That's just the way it is unfortunately, that's part of the game

I remember the obvious handball appeal: Ballack wanted to smack the ref so bad ^ ^
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Drogba's swearing after the match, was something not to miss too!
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 3 years ago
As much as I will always despise not only the memories from that match, but also the officiating, it was a wonderful game. The passion on display was marvelous, the tension incredible, and the goals were perhaps the most beautiful I have ever seen (certainly up there with the best). Add in the controversy that was no doubt on show and you have yourself a classic
"True, however in modern football teams have to deal with controversial/poor decisions by referees no matter what the final result is going to be. That's just the way it is unfortunately, that's part of the game"

That's definitely NOT a part of the game and it could be avoided if we didn't have those fossils at FIFA running the show. After I see horrible decision made by the ref, I usually use interest in the match
That barca chelsea game was terrible to watch. The ref was a disgrace, drogs was right to say what he said
4-4 Arsenal vs Newcastle draw on Saturday was one of the best I've seen in a while
RyanBB (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Amen
I totally agree. 8 beautiful goals, especially the 8th by tiote I believe. What a volley
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Many people say the Milan and Liverpool 2005 final, and I gotta' say I agree.comeback and pure motivation got liverpool the most memeorable UCL final last decades
Liverpool's win over Ac Milan in the Champions League Final 2005.
Such an unexpected come-back against a Top Italian side conceding 3 goals, which does not happen really often when we know how well they're usually organised at the back in order to secure a win. Reds broke the "Catenaccio"!

I equally realised how popular Liverpool FC actually is, globally! On top of KOP Fans of course. Supporters from all over the World were backing Reds with passion throughout the competition all the way up to the Final in Istanbul.
A memorable game! I did not expect Reds to win it when they were 3-0 down HT.

Incredible Scenario
This has to be one of the most awesome games I've witnessed in my life
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I could probably make quite a list but to me the 1982 World Cup semi-final between France - West Germany is above all. That match had everything, the stars, the drama, Battiston knocked unconscious with a broken jaw and two teeth out. Germany's captain and one of my favourite players, an injured Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, came on in extra time when they were down 1-3....

Yoh64fr (Bordeaux) 3 years ago
I was not born but it is a national trauma for France, something that my parents remember still deeply. This game was not football it was art, like a theatrical play.
I remember my father (who's not a big football fan) telling me that it took him a few days to recover from all the emotions
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
This has to be some of the best football I have ever seen, to bad they weren't more composed or else it would have even been more beautiful. Not the best game but certainly it was great play.

5th football game I ever watched, and is the best
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
5th game really? I think I have watched about 350 games before I say this one. Since then I have watched every united game for the last few seasons. I think have have watched about 700 games
Why are you such a pessimist man. I don't have cable or dish, I'm 13 years old! (BTW the tally is upt 50 now buddy)
Some people start watching footy later than others.... Hard to believe, but some people are younger than others. Who cares about how many games one has watched, it's the passion that counts.

On another note, great match. I'll never forget that second goal from alex, and lampard's second as well. What a game.... Too bad we got robbed by the ref in the semi's, otherwise, that would have been a truly remarkable year, not only for chelsea, but for the champions league (let's face it, the final was a relative snore fest, and I doubt that's how it would have been had chelsea contested united in Rome)
What does number of games even have to do with this? It was an amazing game for us. Good pick Ayyam
Somere, 700 games, really? I think I've watched about 1500
I started watching it at 9, so yeah I'm not that a late-bloomer considering I'm from a country that thinks footy is rugby league
It's never too late to get into football, but at the age of 9 is pretty early in my book
AyyamS5 I'm 13 and i've watched every game Liverpool game since the 2004/2005 season. And all of Nigeria's game since 2005

Kick4Life - changing lives through football