Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Best Football Game You Have Ever Seen
Jayk81 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
After some recent exciting encounters I just wanted peoples opinions on the greatest football game ever and why?
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
To be honest, the champions league final of 2005/06 in paris between arsenal and barcelona, the fact that there was controversy in the sending off of lehmann, playing with 10 men, arsenal lasted 70 minutes, and barcelona played 2 amazingly stunning goals. ALOT of brilliant chances in the game with both valdes and almunia playing awesome. This had everything a final should have, which is why I would have to say was the best match I have seen
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Fulham Vs LFC because we won against a team that beat World club, Europe, England champs(everything is gonna' change)
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hey Yesterday was a good good game 4-4 Arsenal Liverpool
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Yea that was a really good game
Momoali (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yeh I now well good
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Probably the Champions league game, Liverpool v Chelsea 4-4(7-5 aggregate). That game was amazing it had everything and at halftime I thought we could pull it off, then Chelsea made a huge comeback in the second half and I lost all hope at 3-2.

Then Benitez took out Torres and I thought there was no chance now, but the team rallied and we scored two late goals making it 4-3 us, and all we needed was one more goal. I couldn't believe we might win this match and advance, but then Lampard finished a great move Chelsea and put us away
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Liverpool vs AC Milan in the 2005 Champions League final. That was just a phenomenal comeback. It was on at 6 am I think over here in the USA and I was going nuts. Absolutely amazing game
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I remember this game, nobody though Liverpool could make a comeback
Classic
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Have to agree!
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
The 2005 UCL final
Classic
Dali (Manchester United) 5 years ago
OOOH, this is a really tough question. There are too many games for me to think of
Ill help you out pick the 2005 champions league cup final, it was classic!
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Yes there are many games
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Last year, UCL quarters, Liverpool vs Arsenal, that game exploded wth excitement and drama! Also, Euro 08, quarters, Turkey vs Croatia, what a game! A last second equalizer!
That Liverpool Arsenal game was a great game, I was watching it during high school class haha, the Russia V Holland game was also a very good Euro game and Germany Turkey as well
True
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Sorry to bring this up to Arsenal fans, but the Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal game last year was great as well, Arsenal took the lead by Bacary Sagna's goal, but was then pounded by 2 trademark Drogba goals...
It was alryt
Holland v france A/ holland v italy ;Best Game in Euro08
Those were good games but they were both kind of blowouts, a great game must be well fought by both sides and be closely matched. Don't you agree?
I guess your right. Lol Erm ill have to give it a think I guess
Haha
Its hard lol
Yoh64fr (Bordeaux) 3 years ago
Worst memory ever (well the final of 2006 was not bad in that sense either) but this game symbolise for me the worst I can rember as far as players, tactics and everything. This game goes right next to France - Senegal 2002.
Makes me want to puke!
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
UCL final 2005 by a longshot. However, the streak of games turkey won in Euro 08 was truly miraculous
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
July 4, 2004. 54' minute charisteas header wins us the euro cup BEST GAME EVER
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago

5th football game I ever watched, and is the best
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
5th game really? I think I have watched about 350 games before I say this one. Since then I have watched every united game for the last few seasons. I think have have watched about 700 games
Why are you such a pessimist man. I don't have cable or dish, I'm 13 years old! (BTW the tally is upt 50 now buddy)
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Some people start watching footy later than others.... Hard to believe, but some people are younger than others. Who cares about how many games one has watched, it's the passion that counts.

On another note, great match. I'll never forget that second goal from alex, and lampard's second as well. What a game.... Too bad we got robbed by the ref in the semi's, otherwise, that would have been a truly remarkable year, not only for chelsea, but for the champions league (let's face it, the final was a relative snore fest, and I doubt that's how it would have been had chelsea contested united in Rome)
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What does number of games even have to do with this? It was an amazing game for us. Good pick Ayyam
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Somere, 700 games, really? I think I've watched about 1500
I started watching it at 9, so yeah I'm not that a late-bloomer considering I'm from a country that thinks footy is rugby league
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
It's never too late to get into football, but at the age of 9 is pretty early in my book
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
AyyamS5 I'm 13 and i've watched every game Liverpool game since the 2004/2005 season. And all of Nigeria's game since 2005
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
This has to be some of the best football I have ever seen, to bad they weren't more composed or else it would have even been more beautiful. Not the best game but certainly it was great play.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football