Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Bendtner Vs Huntelaar
Canino (Barcelona) 2 years ago
These are two cases of strikers who have loads of quality but have yet to truly explode onto the big scene.

1) Who do you think is better?
2) Do you think they will ever make it to superstar status?
3) Name other strikers who have so far underachieved but have the potential to go all the way
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Are you seriously comparing this guy:

Link: www.transfermarkt.de/en/klaas-jan-huntelaar/profil...

With this guy:

Link: www.transfermarkt.de/en/nicklas-bendtner/profil/sp...

?

Huntelaar was awesome for Ajax, one of the all-time topscorers for the team, and they've had some great ones. And this season he's been an absolute hero for Schalke04, scoring 48 goals in 48 games for them. Bendtner scored 8
Northgreen (AC Milan) 2 years ago
@Canino
Excuse me but didn't Huntelaar end up being top scorer in Bundesliga and has an amazing goalscoring record for Netherlands?

Sounds to me that you judge Huntelaar on his time in Milan, and even Milan supporters arent talking bad about him, he just didn't fit the playstyle and squad we had at that moment and how the Italian football is played and didn't get that great of a chance with us, but he wasn't some sort of Torres for us either. He did score 7 in 25 games for Milan and 8 in 20 games for Real Madrid.

His current club, Schalke, is the first club to let him have more than 1 year to prove himself and lets take a look at his record in this first season in the league and compare it to the 2nd one.

2010-2011 he got 8 goals in 24 matches in Bundesliga. Now that sounds kind a like what he did with Real Madrid and Milan, doesn't it? Well Schalke didn't sell him, so how did that go? 2nd season, 2011-2012 he got 32 matches in bundesliga scorin 29 goals and putting him the top scorer in Bundesliga.

Because of this I will simply say, you just don't know much about Huntelaar and how he is doing if you really believe he havent "exploded onto the big stage" because quite frankly, he has. Oh and on international level he got 31 goals in 55 matches.

So yeah, I think he has proven himself plenty
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
Huntelaar is probably the most clinical striker out of Holland since RVN, it's impossible to compare him with Bendtner. Huntelaar has 279 career goals in 428 games compared to Bendtner's 86 career goals in 284 games. There is a 144 game difference and 193 goal difference between them. See the difference in Klaas?
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Hehe a funny post...
So you all answered the first question: Huntelaar has undoubtedly more "klaas" than Bendtner, but he's no superstar yet.... One great season is just that.... A great season. If he continues to perform through next season then we can start talking about him being "one of the best strikers in the world".... But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

But I agree, Huntelaar probably does have the mettle to be great and Bendtner seems far less so.

There are many other strikers out there that just seemed to be destined for greatness but have since failed to deliver (as Klaas had for the three/four years between Ajax and now). A perfect example is Bojan Krkic.... He scored over 800 goals in seven seasons at youth level but since going pro he just hasn't lived up to the hype. I think he has it in him to make it but we've seen players remain eternal promises before (I. E. Alberto Gilardino).

Personally I think Robinho's quality is also way below what everybody expected and we have yet to see what the likes of Neymar, Lukaku, and Macheda (ok, maybe this guy shouldn't even be mentioned) truely have to bring to the table. They're all fairly young so they'll be given time to mature.... Only time will tell
Northgreen (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I don't think we can have a discussion, I am just getting mad because you fail to recognize what we are saying here.

Look at his career season by season and you see he had 3 bad seasons and his career has been far longer than 4 seasons...
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Ohh please mate, how can you compare a striker how misses those f*****g sitter vs a striker who is 'klass' and scores like a bosss.

I think the stats even sum up the difference between them. Klass has been phenomenal for shalke this season, where as bentder is just his usual self, over confident dbag.

Discussion over. Period
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
No offence Canino, but the reason you made this post must have been because Bendtner scored twice against Portugal whereas Holland is doing bad and Huntelaar is still a benchwarmer for some reason.

But you can't be serious in comparing these two strikers. One is a striker known for his killer instinct that is second to none, the other is a striker who failed to really break through anywhere and who simply hasn't got the goalscoring ability Klaas-Jan has. You're comparison is the same as someone comparing Pedro with Messi: it's just not fair for one player, because the other, despite playing in a similar position, is just a lot better.

I think we all agree Huntelaar is the better striker, and he's proven that at Ajax, Schalke and even at Madrid as a sub if you ask me. They just didn't need a type of striker like him, but he scored a lot in the few minutes he played for them. And you compare his Ajax spell with Bojan's childhood years. To say the least, that is very disrespectful towards Ajax, a team that has been one of the true greats in the whole world in the course of their history.
You, as a Barça fan, should know better. It's true Ajax isn't the power of football it used to be, but Huntelaar can definitely be considered one of the strikers who scored amply at Ajax who also proved his merit elsewhere by now
I have great respect for Ajax, particularly being a Barca fan.... I know where the Masia philosophy came from. I just thought it telling that his three year dip in form coincided with his stint at two of the biggest clubs in the world.... Albeit it he really never got all the playing time he deserved.

I realize that the comparison wasn't warranted and I apologize if I offended anyone (although I respectfully consider some people to have taken this a bit too personally).

I myself am a die hard football fan but I admit Klaas has flown quite under my radar in recent seasons. What he did in Ajax was huge and I expected great things from him when he signed for Madrid. I agree he is in a class apart from Bendtner but I guess I drew the comparison from the fact that they both under performed at big clubs.

So end of the discussion (that never was).... Klaas is the man and Bendtner a flop (so far).

Now the fact that Huntelaar has never been at a club for more than 92 games might lead one to think that he's on his way off to greener pastures (he is already 28 after all).... Where ever it is he goes I hope they let him make the impact that I personally have been waiting for
Ltm017 2 years ago
I don't think Canino can be serious. No one should take it serious it is obviously a joke and it is hilarious
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Why is this even a discussion?
I have great respect for Ajax, particularly being a Barca fan.... I know where the Masia philosophy came from. I just thought it telling that his three year dip in form coincided with his stint at two of the biggest clubs in the world.... Albeit it he really never got all the playing time he deserved.

I realize that the comparison wasn't warranted and I apologize if I offended anyone (although I respectfully consider some people to have taken this a bit too personally).

I myself am a die hard football fan but I admit Klaas has flown quite under my radar in recent seasons. What he did in Ajax was huge and I expected great things from him when he signed for Madrid. I agree he is in a class apart from Bendtner but I guess I drew the comparison from the fact that they both under performed at big clubs.

So end of the discussion (that never was).... Klaas is the man and Bendtner a flop (so far).

Now the fact that Huntelaar has never been at a club for more than 92 games might lead one to think that he's on his way off to greener pastures (he is already 28 after all).... Where ever it is he goes I hope they let him make the impact that I personally have been waiting for
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think some people are taking this way too seriously. This was supposed to be a discussion, not an attack on the poster. There's a door over there, go out of it, take some deep breaths then come back again - all of you
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
The fact that Bendtner has scored more goals than Huntelaar in the Euros means he's better than Huntelaar.
BeefCurtains (Limerick) 2 years ago
David Nugent = FIFA World Player of the Year.      More news as we get it.        
Kyriaks (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Bendtner has impregnated royalty.... If he could turn that sort of form on the pitch the B52 bomber would probably draw comparisons to Zidane
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Huntelaar is better! He was great for Ajax, he never really got his footing in Spain or in Italy. Now he has found it once a again with Schalke 04.
Bendtner is ok at best. I watch him play for the Gunners. One game, he had seven chances on net and I do not score. Other strikers would have score at leased twice.
If I had to pick from the two of them. Huntelaar is my pick

Kick4Life - changing lives through football