Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Beckham Or Roberto Carlos For Free Kicks
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Back at madrid they had to take turns but who deserved to take them?
Do you prefer beckham's curve or the are. Carlos rocket?

Feel free to mention any other free kick takers (juninho, ronaldinho, ronaldo, gerrard....)
For me I would have to say beckham. Just the way he places the ball is like artwork, even though I do love a lazerbeam to the back of the net once in a while
Rogue4341 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah, beckham's tend to open the defence up and give the strikers some excellent chances. But who doesn't love a lazerbeam? I think that it depends on the game and situation
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Gerrard he tease other teams by his skill of scoring on a pass.... Against Villa  
I love gerrard power behind those free kicks. Its hilarious when the keeper can't even get his hamds up in time to save it
FoolMuffin (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Gerrard, alonso and riise (back in the day) were excellent free kick takers.... But back to this, roberto carlos definetly although both of them are pretty old and kinda losing their touch.

How could I forget nakamura! Watch a video of him on youtube. He is the best left footer
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
You guys remember when Riise's shot was so strong it broke Alan Smith's leg.... He was stupid for going in front of the ball so I don't blame Riise
FoolMuffin (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Haha yah.... But I think he landed wrong
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Beckham over Carlos. Ronaldo and Gerrard are better than anybody
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Beckham and Juninho made Freekicks
What it is today!
They were complete Aristrocrats of the Set play!
Though a great smashing is always nice to see!

Ronaldo, Gerrard, Totti, Carlos wowza!
That ronaldo cracker agianst pompey, unbelievable
Amazing it was what a beauty to watch, loved  It. Portsmouth keeper David James had no chance
I liked the UCL free kick with juninho aginst barca, I don't like him but take nothing away from it
Yeah I don't particularly like him either  But it was a great free kick. Can't deny  That
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Why don't you like Juninho? He is certainly the master of the set piece in my book, even over Gerrard and Del Piero
Juninho is pretty good but I totally forgot about del piero, he;s boss at free kicks
It upsetting that ronaldo has only produced one goal from a free kick this season, but it was nice
Oli08 (VfL Bochum II) 5 years ago
Ronaldo is so predictable in where he is gonna' hit his freekicks, maybe he should take some notes from gerrard and Becks and learn to place it alittle, and Juninho is amazing at freekicks
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
If the freekick is a bit far then the shot goes in vain by ronaldo.... And juninho tries to score from all over the place
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Van persie 4 me he gets power and curl. But roberto carlos used 2 be amazing at them specially that famous 1
That goal in the world cup was sick!
I think lampard isn't given enough credit, he knows how to strike the ball
Overall all these years, obvious choice hands down Beckham
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
1. Are. Carlos
2. Juninho
3. Van Persie

Ronaldo doesn't get a look in because he takes every MU free kick and hits the wall 90% of the time and blazes it 5% of the time
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Absolutely true, but when he hits it WHOO what a strike
Oh oops forgot about Juninho.... Okay his better than Beckham
Hehe, everyone ignores Juninho because he plays in Ligue 1, worst league in Europe imo
The only league worst in europe is probably austrian bundesliga, and they're not that bad
No no even though I've never seen it, but I'm sure Finland, Norway, and etc leagues are worse.

Oh yeah and what about Del Piero, the guy knows how to put it in the net as well, but not as good as Juninho and Beckham
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Btw, the domestic league rankings in Europe are:
1. English
2. Spanish
3. Italian
4. French
5. German
6. Russian
7. Romanian
8. Portuguese
9. Dutch
10. Scottish
And so on...............
For further details or a longer list, heres the link: Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_rankings
Worst league in Europe as in, quality of the football imo
I think its a load of balls anyway, it only takes into account the teams that reach Europe, I would like to think a mid-table German team would slaughter their counterparts in the French league

Kick4Life - changing lives through football