Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
BBC 3 - Englands Worst Ever Team.
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
The world cup is coming up and BBC decided to do a program on Englands worst ever team. It basically picked players over 44 years who cocked up on the pitch and in there own life.

Bonnetti, Warren Barton, Curle, Terry, P Neville, Dyer, Joey Barton, Carlton Palmer, Hodge, Ricketts and Fashunu

Great team managed by Steve Mclaren

That was the team nomintated. I was concerned when the Centre back postion was down to Rio and Terry, would'nt Southgate be the worst centre back of all time after missing a pen. Other plays nominated to be in this were Stuart Pearce, , David Beckham, Tony Adams, David Seaman, Ashley Cole.

I was wondering who you think should be in this team
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Not sure how terry made that team, or why beckham, seaman, or ashley cole were nominated. They may not have always been able to eminate their club form for the national side, but none of them have been flops by any stretch of the imagination. Sad as I am to say, I think lampard should be in there ahead of any of them. Who could forget that goal line clearance by terry in the last world cup? Or the last minute free kick against greece by beckham, and the many years of honest service seaman provided before that ronaldinho goal? Very harsh list in my oppinion
Sevx1 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
They had Bobby Moore nominated lol, bobby moore
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Why is Seaman and Adams in the nominations?
Dunno, I don't think the BBC actually thought about this, Terry was put in there for having sex with Wayne Bridges ex. Lol
M4rsenal (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Seaman has to be England's best goalkeeper of the last decade. Adams doesn't need an explanation. Weird
Arron (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Yea how is Adams in it, and Seaman.... Hmmm
Moocow111 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Sharpoon (Hull City) 3 years ago
Clearly decided by people with little football knowledge.

Stuart Pearce nominated! Okay he did miss that one penatly, but then the next time he had chance to put it right he did, and his celebration when he scored is fantastic. He's a legend of the British game!
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Where is Batty?! He ruined our France '98!
Yea, I don't understand the players nominated. Barry ruined it for us in 98 agreed. He never actually played well for England ethier
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
I don't really like the bbc they always come out with these articles and stories that always upset some people. Sometimes I wonder if some one review their work before it is published. They did a story on SAF son which is the reason why he doesn't speak to them after games and now I hear that they are doing a story on where CR7 transfer money went, while will maybe cause the entire manchester united staff to avoid them. Why can't they just leave s**t alone
MariusV (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah, I watched that show, it was quite interesting, john terry was there, don't know why.
I kind of agree with you somere, bbc wouldn't mind their own buisness on the glazer debts etc
It's actually pretty annoying, but back to the show, it was pretty good I thought
Andy (Rangers) 3 years ago
The "bbc3" type World Cup programmes are really starting to get on my tits this time round.

I couldn't care less what a comedian thinks about football, which is typically not a lot.

I suppose it is fodder for the casual football fans who spring up every World Cup, those who couldn't really give two shits about football but watch programmes about it because they recognise "Barry Shitpeas off the telly giving his two cents. "

Thank god for ESPN Classic, who have organised their schedule to fit around kick-offs! So as soon as lets say, a Holland match ends on BBC1, ESPNClassic have a special on Cruyff or just the squad in general until the next kick-off.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football