Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Barca Take The "new" Messi On Trial!!
Peteko 3 years ago
Am I the only one who believes that his "viewpoints" on football are simply instilled by his father? That he is too young to being paraded as a future star by the media and that all this hype will probably kill his perspective as a footballer
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Yeah your probably right, I'm sure he listens to his Father when he talks about football.... Who wouldn't?!

But its not a bad insight into the English game and this sort of publicity can help too, I remember Beckham being paraded about the media when he was a youngster too, the boy has obviously got talent let Barca decide if he's good enough, to be spotted by the world renowned scouts of Barca is a good start after all he is only 7, he's got a long way to go as a footballer!
Barcelona invite seven year-old British schoolboy Kai Fifield to youth academy trial!

At just 7 years old British schoolboy Kai Fifield has been given an opportunity most boys his age could only dream of – a trial with Barcelona.

It all began with a simple kick about with a group of boys while on holiday with his father in the Catalan city.

The Northamptonshire Barça fan, who had been visiting the Camp Nou Stadium with his father, joined an impromptu five-a-side game with some local youngsters on a pitch near the stadium grounds when he was unexpectedly scouted by Barcelona youth coaches.

Little did he know, Fifield had in fact been knocking a ball about with Spanish schoolboys who were hoping to be spotted for a trial with the club’s youth side. Not only that, the left-winger had hugely impressed with his skill and passion for the game.

Due to fly home that day, the father-son duo were stunned when the coaches took them aside and invited Fifield for a trial at Barcelona’s Escola academy.

Unwilling to turn down an opportunity of a lifetime, Fifield and his father rescheduled their flights and made the decision to extend their stay in Barcelona so that Fifield could attend the potentially life-changing trial.

One to watch I'm sure!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
My brother was telling me about him on the phone earlier, amazing for that age, but why barca?  Keep him in england
He said in an interview that Barca are the only club he wants to play for, the play football the way he likes with ball to feet and a passing game! Only 7 years old as well and already got a football brain!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He said he likes the style more in Spain. He does not like the fact that in England all they do is pump the ball up field
Well he's not wrong there, but surely that has to change sometime soon?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You can't fake stuff like this, if does become as good as messi what a great story to tell his grand kids
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Rflmao.... Even kids detest England's style of play...
Yep, a 7 year old with vision, in comparison to the dinosaurs at the fa who can't see any further than their next perk or pay cheque.... Laughable
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I like the story. His dad seems pretty grounded and doesn't seem to be the type that will run his son into the ground. Hopefully his family will support the move and find a way to help him adapt. Being 7 years old he should be enjoying himself and not be thinking about his career

It must be great to be recognized for his talent at such a young age and to this kid it seems he has received the ultimate compliment he could get
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
What this story tells me is that English style of play really really needs to change. Because the national team will just get worse and worse
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He has a barca style of play, with really good tight control and passing. Really good for such a young boy
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
I see him playing for spain in the future if barcalona takes him on. There is no place in an english team for a player of his ability. The english like juggernauts like lampard and rooney. Carrick and adam johnson, the two players with a continental style of football (as scholes puts it) were left out of the world cup and out of many england games for juggernauts like barry and milner

Kick4Life - changing lives through football