Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Andre Villas-Boas OFFICIAL Next Chelsea Manager
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Peteko 2 years ago
Well, the sooner they resolved this the better.

The "three-year deal" is an unimportant detail, considering Abramovich penchant for changing managers. But maybe this young lad will have a better fortune
When I wrote 3 year deal I'm not expecting anyone to discuss it, its just for people who cbf to open it
Pragathish (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Let us see for how long this chap can survive hah
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
So who do you guys think will be chelsea's next manager?
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
LOL
Haha good one ManUK
Theo (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hahahaha I'm dying with laughter
I say this alot, but this is the funniest comment in footytube
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I hope this guy get's a fair crack of the whip, the standards are set so high at Chelsea nothing but perfect will do, Villas-Boas knows this so good luck to him I hope he can meet the expectations!

The big question is will he get Torres scoring again?!
If he gets torres to score again It's safe to say he's the closest thing to a miracle
I think he can, he took Falcao and Hulk 50 levels up and made them one of the best striking partnerships in europe. Or maybe I am an optimist
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
50 levels up? Theyll need to prestige soon
Nice to see someone noticed the intentional cod reference
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Haha epic
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I hope he does well. I think he has talent. But the thing is that as soon as he gets second place he is out. Which will not do his carrer good. I fear for him because he is very very young. I wish him all the best though
IF he finishes 2nd next year, there is no way he will be fired. Carlo was not just fired for finishing 2nd; we went for 10 straight games in the league without a win, we lost to Man utd 4 freaking times, and in most of those games it didn't look like we had a clue what we were doing. Plus also going out early in all the domestic cups didn't help his case either.

Edit: Dunno if you read the club statement after Carlo was fired or not, but it basically said the performances this season were just not good enough, and I would totally agree with that, except from the beginning of the season (6 games) and the end of the season (5 games) we were horrible!
I agree, even after the "crisis" we were scraping past wins, and ugly ones at that. We were never the same after Ray left. Except till the end
Performances are decided by the final standings ahem
But if he does not bring in a trophy in the next 2 years he is out. And that will do his carrer bad. Since he is very very young. And Pragathish has an excellent. He finished Second. Which is automatic place to the Champions League. And You lost to the best team in England 4 times. That is nothing to be ashamed of
It is something to be ashamed of -_- getting hammered 4 times to probably our biggest rivals is a disgrace. And performances are not just decided by the final standings, won't you take into consideration the other 3 cups which we failed in?

Oh and we all know the champions league is the most important cup to Chelsea, and we were getting ever and ever closer to finally winning it, from semi-final to semi-final to the final, then another semi-final, then Carlo came in and we have taken a gigantic step backwards
You did not get hammered. In the first game it was very tight. Just United killed the game off in the last minute to make it 3-1. Then their second victory you outplayed them but they were just more effective. Then when they won 2-1 it was yet again a tight game. And the last 2-1 game was again a tight game. All those loses to United were all tight encounters. And Ancelotti is a defensive minded coach. As for Boas he is more attacking minded. So I doubt your games with United will be as tight as before
Hammered might have been an exaggeration, but in those games the score-line did not reflect the performance of the 2 sides imo. The only time we played well was the champions league game at the Bridge, but were really unlucky to have not got a goal, and a penalty in the last few minutes. The other 3 games, were just *sigh* material, we hardly did many things right
Well I still do not think it was right to sack Ancelotti. No1 cares how well you play. Blackpool played amazing football but got relegate. Arsenal most prob are the kings of sexy football in the EPL put have to play a playoff to get into the Champions League. Give credit to Ancelotti. At one point you were 15 points behind then closed the gap to 3 points. That is very very impressive. He even was very close to winning the title again at Old Trafford. And to cap it all of he finished second
I'll give him the "we were once down 15 points part" but why were we even down by 15 points in the first place? I said below he should have probably been allowed to see out his last year, and then we should let him walk, but the board just didn't see it that way
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I think its a weird appointment, especially after listening to the so called new boss saying it won't be a one man show?
I have a feeling abramovich will be picking the team at times to be honest, and he's found the "yes man" he's been looking for, as this guy does not possess the balls mourinho had, far from it
He looked like a kid at his first day at school.... Lol
The fact is he was the best man available for the job, Hiddink wanted to stay at Turkey (at least that is what his agent told us) and the we had to pick between Villas Boas, Sparky or 'Arry. Sparky wasn't great when he had all the money in the world at City, so why would it be different at Chelsea? . As for 'Arry, he would have been a stop-gap coach, not only because of his age, but because he wants the England job.

Villas Boas meanwhile has been at the club for 3 years previously, and Jose has always spoken highly about him, once calling him his "eyes and ears". He knows most of the players well, and he should have no problem with the age issue everyone seems to be talking about.

I personally think he will do a good job, and Roman will give him time to implement his philosophy and also get rid of the old players. But that is just me, we shall see I guess
It's not about Boas for me chelseaman, it's the fact abramovich fired a double winning manager after two seasons. If he had been in charge of United in the late 80's Fergie wouldn't have lasted more than a year or two, and we would still be 9-10 titles behind Liverpool
At Tony, I think when he meant one man show he meant trusting his backstaff. Most managers have a lil shout out to the crew in the first interview, but who knows
Yeah I was surprised when Carlo got fired really, 'cos I expected us to at least let him see out his contract (1 year remaining) and then go for Pep or AVB the season after. But the board + Roman decided to axe him early - anyway we have gotten a new manager now, one very different than managers Roman has always gotten, in the sense that he is not a champions league (or world cup) winner and he is very young, so I'm only hoping he will be given time
He won't be given time, he'll get the same treatment as anyone else who get the job, imagine he's not won a single game in the first 10 EPL games of the season and Chelsea are down at the bottom of the table, much like Liverpool's start to last season, will they all be saying give him time? I don't think so, it'll be this was the wrong appointment we should have went with a proven manager in Hiddink and he'll be out the door faster than Woy at Liverpool, sad but its just the way it is just now in the top flight, if you don't have an immediate impact your deemed a failure and its time to replace you!

Good luck to him though!
Well of course, who starts the season without a win in 10 games? Lol.... I'm talking about the end of the season if he ends up possibly trophy-less, he will not be fired (hopefully )
I seriously hope he's a success, but he'll have to be quick about it, Roman doesn't have the patience for someone who's not winning!
No doubt the guy has to be given his chance, but he did not instil confidence in me had I been a chelsea fan, I hope the lad does well, but with ambramovich in the background, anythings possible, because abramovich reminds me of a mike ashley with big money.... Lol, and wants to stick his nose into everything
Actually there are reports flowing around - just reports atm - that he is set to become the first manager under Roman. Mourinho and co were just "first team coaches", and rarely had a say in anything, including transfers (for the most part).

Hopefully that will be the case and he will be allowed to just do his job
Best picture ever lol -

Good luck Andre
LOL. Hope this does not happen. Hope its Dalglish instead of Villas Boas
Hey your a liverpool fan bro, anything better than Ferguson.
Hahahaha. Anything better than Ferguson and Mancini
And Wenger
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I'll even get in on this
Haha yes
Peteko 2 years ago
Chelseaman93 was right.

This is from The Guardian:

.... The 33-year-old has been employed as "manager" rather than "first-team coach", which was how his predecessor, Carlo Ancelotti, was described, and will be hands-on in his dealings with the first team and even on player recruitment....

So maybe this guy is really the real deal.
But I am still amazed that Ancelotti agreed to sign on as a "first team coach"! With his expertise and stature, it must have been pure insult. Maybe they told him that it makes no difference in practice, but apparently it did.
You should have stood up for yourself Carlo.
I have to say this again and again. Carlo is used to being under tight bossess, which is why we hired him, he is more of a coach who operates well under trophies

Kick4Life - changing lives through football