Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Americans Love Soccer Too!
Peteko 3 years ago
Honestly, I don't mind football remaining the third or fourth sport here in America. Too much attention will bring too much money and sooner or later the whole circus will come to town and spoil the fun of it.
I don't mind it a bit raw and old style and is dying fast already
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Ya me either Pete, let the die hards be die hards Football(soccer whatever) is the underground movement in the states and I love that, it would be awesome though if it grew in urban areas and there was more street football
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Really? This sport has the potential to be 2 or even 1st in America IMO.... It's just that people don't care too much and they think it's boring. But I understand where your coming from, soon the football won't matter much and money will corrupt it, just like it has in other places around the world
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
If it means anything MLS has higher attendance numbers that the NBA!    On TV though I doubt that they can boast the same numbers
Braylann (CA Boca Juniors) 3 years ago
Soccer fans have more money than NBA fans. And time on weekends
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I know I love it football soccer whatever you want to call it, it's beautiful and I can't imagine life without it, or rather don't want to
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
This blog sums up the American soccer fan perfectly....In fact the sport is growing at a very fast pace....The MLS is doing great and there are more places showing games then ever before. It is already more popular than Hockey.

Will it overtake baseball or basketball or football? No. Does that even matter? No. Soccer has it's own place and in America it's " getting better all the time " as The Beatles said....

Enjoy this blog post:

Link: www.goltv.tv/wordpress/?p=2852

Kick4Life - changing lives through football