Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
2011/12 EPL
Bengie94 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I feel this season is going to be the best one we've seen in many years. I feel that the prospect of new young english talent will surprise us and leave mr capello sweating over who to take to euro 2012. Seeing all these transfer target thrown around is amazing and being a liverpool fan I am happy we have a manager who has found talent such as aaron lennon, connor wickham and others would make me amazed. The idea of lennon flying down the wings with his pace and hitting a beautiful cross to andy carroll would truly bring a smile to the most faithful of the anfiled faithful.

I believe this eason will have more than one twist and turn such as the likely hood of QPR and Norwich would see an amazing fight and I believe the likes of tarrabt and others would be like the charlie adams and andy carrolls of the past season.

I feel bad to say this but I don't believe liverpool will be title contenders, I know its bad, but I am afriad to say I can see a two way three way race between city, united and chelsea.

Chelsea. The appointment of (baby Jose) Villas-boas, will bring exciting signings to the club and will see torres back to his best and also allow the likes of rameries and others to run the field.

City. Mancini is an ama\ing manager, he has done so well and even through the masses of spending has done the club proud. People complain at the sight of city targeting players but theres two things about this
1. They have the money to bring in the players and pay for the wages
2> the uniteds and liverpools have spent the same amount of money but failed to hit the hottest prospects like city have done.

United, I am sorry if this hurts but I believe the final season of sir alex before the reign of jose takes place. I think after winning there 19th title now I think they will push for more glory. I am sorry but chelsea have champs this year I belive but I can see two domestic cups heading to old trafford.

Arsenal I am sorry but I believe nasri will go united and even more sorry more will follow such as the captain cesc fabregas, they are the best players but after the defeat to birmingham in the carling final both players lost hope. They fought but lost in the end. I can see you winning the FA this year.

Liverpool> I don't think there will be trophies for another couple of seasons but the idea of King Kenny will attract more youngsters and we will be a fighting force once more.
I would love a line up that would even make united shake:
Riena
Kelly carragher enrigue and johnson
Downing gerrard lennon adam
Suarez carroll

With subs of:
Wickham
Henderson and others

You may wonder why henderson isn't in the team, I will tell you, he is amazing but he has big shoes to fill from the gerrards and other midfielders that have made there name. 20m is alot for him even though some will argue but I can see him in 2seasons that he will break into being a liverpool legand.

Feel free to post what you think and sorry if what I have put has made you think that I am sticking to sides or something but please tell me what you think thank you
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
This is quite a good post mate
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Mancini is far from an amazing manager...
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well he is effective. His defensive tactics seemed to do him well last season
Well this season I see it a three horse race for the League between Untied Chelsea and City. Chelsea finally have a more attacking coach. That will get Chelsea more exciting football. But seeing how close City came to getting second place I think this season they will do it. But I am sad to say this but I think this year United will win their 20th league title. I think the battle for 4th will be a 3 horse race between Liverpool Tottenham and Arsenal. And I really cannot predict who will get it. I pray Liverpool get into the Champions League this year. But I can see it going either way. But that will be my top 6. The battle for the drop will be between Swansea Norwich Wigan Blackburn and Villa. You might think I'm crazy for putting Villa but I think them losing all their players and not really a team good players will want to go to might send them down hill. But I think Bent will score enough vital goals to keep them up on the final day of the season
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
If Tottenham lose Modric or Bale (I know he is overrated but he has alot of potential). You can pretty much.... You know
Well then its either they go down or get replacments. They VDV who can play as the trequitista then Niko and Huddlestone play in the center of the midfield. Lennon on right and they could easily get a replacement for bale. Since clubs wanna buy him for ridiculous amount of money
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I really don't think you can rule out any team at the moment. All of the teams you have mentioned have the ability to win several trophies.

Chelsea will have a fresh squad with a decent, young manager but do you really expect it all to fall into place in its first season? I highly doubt it, but they certainly have serveral world class players and I wouldnt be suprised if they win something.

Man City obviously have the strongest squad and on their day have the potential to beat anyone. But they are still a team of mercenaries and often rely to heavily on Tevez. Who, on more than one occasion, has expressed his desire to leave the club and move home.

Man United can never be ruled out. Although the stale midfield and the exit of Van Der Sar are an obvious blow, the addition of Young and De Gae just proves they are well on their way to plugging up the holes. And no matter the squad with SAF at the helm they may aswell have an extra player on the pitch, he is the difference.

Arsenal always have the potential to win, but generally don't. Performances against United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and even Barcelona prove the ability, but those against Newcastle, West Brom and Stoke show their vunerability. Arsenal's summer has been the busiest of them all so far so only time will tell if any additions can improve the mentality of an obviously talented squad.

Finally Liverpool, who in my opinion come into 2011/12 in the best position. The new manager has turned the club around and the squad is packed full of young and exciting players and their performances in the close of the season shows their ability to win games and win them comfortably. The fact that they have just lost their crown to their arch-enemies may demoralise them but I believe it will insprire them to win.

I will not even attempt at predicting a top 4 because it is almost impossible, but if I were to hazard a guess I would say it will be a fight between Liverpool and United
I hope that you are right
Bengie94 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
You say this I know but the problem is when they get into a final as soon as they see it as a easy team to play against aka arsenal vs birmingham they seem to lack talent and force, and even enjoyment in the sport. If they plyed with passion I could see arsenal winning more trophies, with the sales of nasri and cesc I can see this becoming a problem for the team and this could result in arsenal having more trophie less seasons.... They need talent, bring in the likes of bale and others...
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
When did the thread become just about Arsenal?
Well Arsenal are getting Gervinho. And they have Wilshere and Ramsey

Kick4Life - changing lives through football