Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
2010/11 Season Awards!
Yogan (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Sorry if this had already been posted but I checked so it shouldn't!

Hey guys, back again with another forum. Hopefully there can be a proper vote for these 20 seperate awards so can anyway keep any non-nomination posts under a reply to a nomination. I just wanted to see what the footytube public thought the 'best' was in these twenty categories. By the way, my votes are in brackets except for number uno.

P.S Make your own nominations and pick one for each subject

1. Prem team of the season

For me (4.4.2):
GK hart (kept 18 clean sheets more than anyone else)

RB ivanovic (been in great form again after actually being put in the PFA Team of the season last year
CB vidic (been an unstoppable force and really strong like he is every year)
CB terry (forgot his personal issues to have a great season and gain back the Englands captains armband)
LB baines (been evertons star player and scored 5 goals too)

RM giggs (still a golden oldie and the unsung hero of manchester united, don't want him to retire)
CM parker (FWA player of the year and doesn't deserve to play for a team as bad as west ham, should transfer)
CM yaya toure (can't forget to menchan his performances in the fa cup +league, driving force in midfield for city)
LM bale (brilliant hatrick against inter in champo league and weighed in with some goals in league too)

ST tevez (clawed back at berbatov to tie for golden boot, his determination is incredible on and off the pitch)
ST hernandez (young surprise star for manchester united, scored some crucial goals this season)

2.Prem player of the season (tevez)
3. Surprise star (hernandez)
4.Euro Player of the season (messi)
5.Championship player of the season (Tarrabt)
6.Game of the season (newcastle 4-4 arsenal)
7.Biggest shock (chelsea 0-3 sunderland)
8. Prem flop (torres)
9. Best skills (see. Ronaldo)
10. Prem goal of the season (Rooney overhead-kick vs man city)
11. Best signing (van der vart to tottenham from real madrid)
12. Worst haircut.Lol. (Alex song, arsenal)
13.Golden oldie (giggs, no?)
14.Funniest moment (balotelli failing to get his bib on >>(
))
15.Best gaffer (Paul Lambert, norwich, promoted twice two seasons in a row)
16.Team of the season (Barcelona)
17.Best footy game (Fifa 11)
18.Best boots (f50 adizeros, they are the top scorers in the league this season also with 202 goals)
19. Best kit (everton away lolzas)
20. Fittest WAG (danielle lloyd (jamie oh hara))

Please post like this but you don't have to put the topic, just the number
Happy voting
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
There are numerous topics like this, anyways I'll have a crack later, cbf, but I just want to point out a few things I want to point out.

How in the world can Giggs be classified an unsung hero? He is one of the most rated oldies in the prem.

And Bale is easily one of the most overrated players on the planet atm now.

A good game or 2 in the UCL gets him EPL Player of the Year? He has been injured for a chunk of the season, and when managers tried he was stopped on numerous occasions, yes he has immense potential and is very threatening if not dealt with, but he truly doesn't deserve a spot on your team OR the award, but its your opinion so go ahead. But imo Nani deserves it, he racked up more assissts and goals! But its a really good topic you made here Yogan, welcome back
Yogan (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Thanks and Come on guys post please!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
GK: Joe Hart-having the most clean sheets in the whole league. Being consistent and cementing the England number 1 spot.

Cb: Ivanovic-I would have put him as a right back but I would have needed a left back and none has been outstanding for me. He's been amazing and consistent for Chelsea. Doing amazing both defensive and offensive.

Cb: Vidic-Rock solid through out the whole season. You could hardly find him making a mistake. Very consistent through out.

Cb: Kompany-One of the main reasons why City will be playing in the champions league next season. His amazing performance in the whole season made Man City a hard team to break down. Racking up 18 clean sheets through out the season.

Rm: Nani-Along with Vidic he is the reason why United beat our record. He was amazing for United. Racking up 18 assists and chipping in 9 goals.

Cm: Wilshere-Best young player in the premier league. Showed amazing maturity through out the season. And was by far Arsenal's player of the season

Cm: Parker-Very hard to believe that he played for the worst team in the league. But he had been top class and inspirational through out the season.

Cm: Modric-Unsung hero for Spurs. He was the engine of the team. He was the best player in the team by far. He was always bossing he midfield in the games he played. Unfortunate his stats don't back him up.

Lm: Bale-No team would complete without Bale. Even though I think he's overrated but he was by far he best left sided player in the league

Cf: Berbatov-Top scorer in the league

Cf: Tevez- Top scorer in the league

Kick4Life - changing lives through football