Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
£100million To Burn
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Sir Fergie has been given £100m to spend on new transfers so who will we sign?

They have entered a bidding war with Chelsea and Real Madrid for the Frenchman Frank Ribery from Bayern with a pricetag of £65m. Fergie is also eager to sign another Frenchman Karim Benzema from Lyon worth £25m. He also looks to complete the signing of Wigan's Antonio Valencia worth £16m.

Also on Fergie's hit-list is Barcelona's Yaya Toure and Samuel Eto'o. Wingers David Silva and Arjen Robben are also on Fergie's radar.

He has also not given up on persuading Carlos Tevez to stay on a long term deal, but it looks more likely that he will join Manchester City.

So who do you think will be playing in a United kit next season?
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hopefully Villa, Valencia and Silva!
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
I hope ribery will be on united, he is the closest to matching ronaldo's abilities, he's fast and he produce goals, idk if he's gonna' take the free kicks though...
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
If thet get benzema he can
Yidarmy4lyf (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
I don't think ribery will be able 2 play in england, he hasnt realy kept up with the pace of the german league, but we'll see ayy
ZidaneTheLagend (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ermmmm that's true
Everyone on the list except ribery you shoud get silva man you please you guys don't need a superstar they just come with ego the only superstar with no ego now is kaka really
I don't know if you would put ribery in that category as players with big egos. He's not cocky like ronaldo you know what I mean
He has anger problem he likes to lash out when s**t goes wrong for him
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
I would like to see Valencia and Benzema both come, since he has the money to buy both of them. Not only are they extremely good, they are quite young, so they'll have more years to give to the club. Also Karim can put fans in the seats. Signing them would leave with over half of what he wants to spend, which can be used on a couple of defenders, or maybe just one, to fill the role of Rio's position when he leaves, in which I believe he's going on 32 next year
We do have Evans ready to step into Rio's spot
What about Vidic, even though I think he'll last for quite a while?
Vidic is 27. He's got a while yet
Then I guess you guys are set then. I would however look for a midfielder to replace either Scholes or Giggs. They're ancient lol jk but they've still got it. Impeccable work ethic to still play at such a high level at age 32+
TheRonaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Scholes-Anderson    Giggs- Valencia or Silva,    Ronaldo-Ribery    Tevez-Benzema
Mm I think it will be scholes-anderson giggs-valencia ronaldo-silva tevez-villa/benzema/kunaguero
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 5 years ago
He should sign Benzema, Ribery and Silva but he will probably sign only Valencia
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
True, fergie has been known to overexaggerate his tranfers but then only manages one, but when he does he ends of selling them for 93 million when he bought them for 12
Not ribery anymore, bayern has made him TO expensive and wouldnt be worth the cost
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Benzema and ribery. Both of those players would fill in ronaldo's role on the wing as well as a forward. If he manages to sign both of those players and they can produce, by the end of the season people will be saying "Ronaldo Who? "
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Amen, I was in Lyon just a little while ago and got to see Benzema play (sadly he got injured that came and had to be taken off) but I would love to see him at the club. I definitely like Ribery as well, especially with Nani there as well. No one gives Nani the credit he deserves.... I think one day he will be at the same level as Ronaldo, he is a great dribbler, can score from long range, has taken great free kicks, and is an adept crosser.... There is great talent at Manchester United
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Get Robben. He can play amazing for manu. Seriosuley rememeber what he did for chealsea!
Sergio that who I think you guys should get robben
I would love to get robben. The man has so much flare!
.... But not so much workrate, with robben AND berba upfront they will be officially the laziest team that ever was, all they would need to round it off is ibrahimovic
I havent really seen many real games so I don't know how much he contributes. All I know he played like a quater back in the euros. Always running on the left and always giving great assists. I think he can work well with a premier ship side.... And particulary manunited can get the best outta' him
I meant to liverpool I heard you guys were tryna get saviola you should try to get robben too
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
May be rafa is gonna' build a second spain team
Lool  Maybe!
I think manchester should get silva benzema valencia A expierienced right OR LEFT BACK and then.... . SELL berbatov LOL
Silva will never go to man utd
Lol you never know!
He has no friends there
Lol I heard sergio ramos and torres and kinda bessie mates. Is that a good enough reason for him to join us lol
Ltm017 5 years ago
Yup.... Love when they play together
Wow I think fergie is trying to hard to fill ronaldo's space yes he was brilliant but still now he's going break the bank for ribery when he could get more signings

Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well, Sir Alex is certainly spoiled for choice this transfer season. A 100 million to spend and so many good players to spend it on. I don't think going for a direct replacement for Ronaldo is the way to go really. When Ronaldo came to United we changed the way we play to fit his quality.... I don't think we should be trying to jam a new player in that spot and try to keep playing the same game we have been. I think it's time to evolve and work with what we have. Right onto what I think:

Nani is a player of great talent who is immensely underrated. I think now with the shadow of Ronaldo gone to Madrid, Nani will start to come out of his shell and really up his game (he has even mentioned this himself).

I think trying to sign Ribery would be a mistake. For that much money you can sign Benzema, Valencia, and multiple other young improving talents. I think this is what Sir Alex should try to do. Look for young, quality midfielders who have great potential. Fergie has proven that he has a knack for picking fantastic young players. We will see what happens.... I hope to see at the very least Valencia and Benzema on the team next season
Totally agree
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Good post ballinout, more or less exactly what I came here to write
There has been rumors that United could sign Sheffield born right back Kyle Naughton of Sheffield United for £7million. I think this would be a great signing. For those of you that havent seen the Championship play-offs final between Burnley and Sheffield Utd, Naughton was fantastic. The 20 year old is very quick and goes forward very well. The only thing bad about him is that he goes down very easily, but I guess we need someone to fill that roll now too haha
Gerrard17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He's got no show at signing eto'o. He's at barca for life I reckon
I doubt that. Eto'o has 1 year left on his contract so if he doesn't leave this summer he's gone next summer
This wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Especially with the new home-grown players rule coming into effect in the next few years
It will be great signing an englishman, but I don't think that rule will ever be in effect
I sure hope not.... It'd be like tying one leg behind the EPL's back and still expecting them to excel in Europe. Italy and Spain are much larger countries with much larger populations and thus will have a higher probablility for quality footballers in the populous. The argument for this rule is fundamentally flawed. So we'll see hah
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Well, I think Ribery would be good, but it would be a let down, 'casue the United fans would be execting A LOT. I think he should, and will, sign Valencia to play out wide, and Benzema to pair Rooney (the UCL-winning combo!)
Rumors have it that Sir Fergie is making a British record bid of £45million for Valencia striker David Villa. This transfer season just keeps getting more entertaining...
Yea I just saw that, that would be awesome. Villa and a midfielder would be an awesome transfer season! Villa + a midfielder would make man utd much more of a prominent figure in europe
Fergie working hard because the pressure is on
Can you imagine if we got Villa, Silva and Valencia! I know the chances of valencia(the team) selling us there 2 top players is unlikely, but if they did, man utd would deffinatly be favourites for champions league
IMO if you come out of it with torres and silva you would be better off then if you had kept ronaldo and tevez
No way Torres is going anywhere.... I think Silva and/or Villa would be great signings. Having been in the final of the champions league for the past two years.... I'd say United are a prominent figure in europe and are always challengers in the champions league regardless of who they sign
Yea I agree but signing someone like villa would give us that boost that we need
Apparently Manchester United are preparing a bid for Brazilian sensation Douglas Costa of Gremio. Fergie has been tracking him for the past two years and are finally ready to make a bid for him.

Also I heard rumors of the possiblity that van der vaart will be at United next year that would be a fantastic signing
Watching a few videos of costa he looks pretty skillful and very quick. Looks like a hot prospect for the future
Barca4life09 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Villa said he would only join liverpool if he were to go to england
According to a British Tabloid
Barca4life09 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Ya we will see how it all plays out because you never know with these transfers, plus half of the rumors created area always false
Seriously, transfer rumors are a dime a dozen.... "a close friend of _____" says something and that players future is a story based on that "comment. "

Kick4Life - changing lives through football