Forums / Funny Old Game
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Footballer Do You Play Most Like?
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
I made this topic so that everyone can share their opinion of how their game is similar to a footballer, maybe your Idol or maybe you just happen to be compared to someone who isn't very good. Please be realistic if you say you play like Messi its very unlikely I will believe you, so try to be be reasonable in comparison.... So which Footballer do you play most like?

Here is mine: I would compare myself to Alex Song of Arsenal as I am a good tackler, haven't got the best skills with the ball and am very good at winning tackles and making blocks and stay in defence because my shooting isn't the best, and have a physique more like Abou Diaby which helps me keep the ball quite well and am a good passer of the ball
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Fat Ronaldo
Does that mean you are fat but really good or just fat and rubbish?
Ohh, good point. I should clarify.

I can cross, I can pass, I can shoot. I can juggle okay. But because of actual health issues, I couldn't play in highschool or college. I play scrimmages indoor from time to time, but I'm still not in good enough shape to do it regularly.

So, alike Ronaldo, I have some skill, but I'm just to darned fat.
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
And very fleet-footed around the barbeque.... Lol
He's no stranger to a bargain bucket.... Lmao
I am VERY fleet-footed around the BBQ; I'm the one pulling the food off the grill before it's done cooking. And all in that segsy-samba style...
Undercooked food? , you must be doing the samba back and forward to the toilet.... Lmao
....    Dirty dancing isn't just a movie....
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You're known for your runs down the wings, hot and spicy

Oh god I just threw up a little in my mouth at the KFC diarrhoea reference

Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I started off as a defender and played like Gattuso, as I grew older (and stamina decreases), I played midfield and sprayed long accurate passes like Alonso
Isn't Midfield harder than Defender...
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I don't play footy that much, I do only for fun. (recreational footy!)
Mostl my play style is.... Well.... Like Ignazio Abate. Duhh.
Hardworking, lanky, dribble at times...
Why do rate Abate so low if you play like him I would say you are a good player
Nah.... Maybe a decent player.... I like his work rate though
Update:  Not as good as this season's Abate. Abate this season has been a freaking tank
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
On a good day

On a bad day

Adamaus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Steven Gerrard
DamnUright (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Absolutely
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'd love to say Xavi or Iniesta, but I'm afraid that even if my level was on the same as theirs, my technique still wouldn't be. I'm more like a Piqué, which is very flattering too, but I'd kill to have great technique like aforementioned heroes of mine.

For a defender (left back / DMF) I've got good technique and particularly good vista, but although I'm not slow, I'm definitely no Walcott. I'm not built like Onyewu (check this out....) either, but I'm not small.

So yeah, I'm pretty pleased with my Piqué comparison: a reliable defender with good skill, great passing ability and the balls to go forward and do something nice once in a while
(Oneywu got to play with Milan for that reason )

So, medium sized, decently creative on the ball, and brave enough to go forward. Sounds like a Phillip Lahm to me
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hmmm, yeah, Lahm would be a good comparison as well. One in ten games he's the MOTM and he's very reliable in the other 9, plus he captained Germany in the WC. I could live with that Although I am quite a lot taller: Lahm is like 1m70 or something, I'm a little over 1m80
Eh yeah I'd stick with the Pique comparison then myself...
One that's old and decrepid.... Lol
So.... Dean Windass of Hull?    He's even a striker. Lucky you
Aw come on scooter, I have two brain cells, gimme some credit.... !, dean winass indeed.... Huh.... Lol
I'm sorry, I thought you meant senile, and there's not anybody out there right now at the age that could really fill that role as well as Dean....

At least you can get your team promoted to the Premiere with some last minute luck....
Ossie (Liverpool) 3 years ago
This is a hard question for me, but I would have to say Steven Gerrard because of the tough play we both offer and the ability to pass and make chances, as well as the shooting I like to think I can shoot rather well from distance. I can also track people down with the ball and make tackles to win it. Which from watching him, Stevie G is also quite good at
Adamaus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
By the sounds of it your the type of CM I like to play next to . Harkworking player who can do everything
Well looks like we could have 2 Stevie G's here
Gooner12 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Theo Walcott
I can run fast, I have cool skills and can destroy nets but sometimes, just like Theo I just don't know what to do with the ball and I lose it
BARCA (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Pippo, cos I'm a cherry picker  
Yogan (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Aaron Lennon because I am small, quick but I don't score al ot of goals but I am a right winger. I idolise messi though
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Luiz
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Probably Robinho. Bcause I'm tiny in size but skilfull .  Btw I'm just a recreational player.
Mustakrakish696 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
People tell me ibra or torres, but that's really just because I have long hair that I keep in a headband when I play. I like to play up front and have a decent touch, I try to give my all and rely on putting offensive pressure to get a lot of my goals. I can also hold the ball up pretty well so I'd like to think of myself similar to kuyt, I score pretty frequently, it might not be the prettiest goal but at least I'm busting my ass

Kick4Life - changing lives through football