Forums / Funny Old Game
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Future Of Football Officiating
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago

Amy Fearn at a match tonight; somewhere in England....

Hmm I clicked on this thread because you I thought you were going to talk about women officials.... So.........What about changing all the officials to women......And then all the managers......And then the players...
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Has anyone heard the rumour that for the world cup, not only will the matches be broadcast in 3D, but also that the game will be played on an almost entirely empty pitch and stadium, with most of the players added in digitally after the match, using the same effects as Avatar?

Artists rendition of Avatar style football match
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 5 years ago
I am really curious about future of football is cloned footballers. Just think about it.
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I have also heard that through cryogenics, they can keep a human head alive while completely separated from a body, for up to three hours. Apparently Septic Bladder wants to use this science to allow the match football to have a referee's head inside it for the duration of the game.

ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I notice all 5 referees and 16 linesmen are striking the same pose, is part of the new routine they're proposing?

The way this looks in your strangely real picture I think we'd be tripping over all referees all game. And people think the ball bouncing off one ref and going to the other team is unfair
Seeing that the Linesman didn't see Henry's hand ball I don't think this will help anyway

If they go through all that trouble they might as well invent some high tech device that refs the game and catches every little thing, laser accuracy. Though if people can rig a ref they could mess up that system that too right?

Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Below you can see a picture taken at a recent match that was used as an experiment to see if a new system of 5 referees and 16 linesman should be adopted for next summers World Cup.

We approached FFS (Footballs Fine Society) president, Mr Septic Bladder for his comments about this controversial new system, he said:
'We tried 5 officials but the additional linesmen still missed blatant handballs and players falling to the ground untouched.
There was additional problems when all the officials couldn't agree what happened.'

'By introducing an additional four ref's and 14 more linesman there will not be an area of the pitch that will be unmonitored. In addition if there is a debate between the officials we can arrange a quick ballot and go with the majority.
This will also remove the blame for wrong decisions from any individual ref as the ballot will be anonymous .'

The experimental match ended 0-0 with 3 clear penalty decisions being turned down due to the referee(s) being unsighted by 3 other refs and 4 linesmen.

Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
This is something I have expected for a long time. I can't believe my eyes. I have said it before, but I have also heard again that they will have several refs in a hot air balloon hovering above the matches - can anyone confirm this? One other thing that Septic Bladder proposed is that every fan in the crowd is seated beside a linesman with a walkie talkie.

However, all of the above taken as granted, the one thing I can't agree with that Septic Bladder wants more than everything is for matches to be played on glass pitches, with referees under the surface, sliding around on their backs. To me that is a step too far
Scottie (Manchester City) 5 years ago
I also heard that they are going to make the players into linesmen so they can flag themselves offside
Senthil (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I think fifa should give another football for them to play

Kick4Life - changing lives through football