Forums / Funny Old Game
Order: Newest / Oldest
Getafe's New BK Sponsored Kit: A Royal Shame Or Laugh?
Ben (Arsenal) 5 years ago

Getafe FC launched their brand new kits for the forthcoming season which features an unusual partnership with Burger King, because we know just how much football is synonymous with fast food.

The already unattractive Joma kits are further tainted by having the Burger King logo plastered all over them. In fact, they even come with a clever (from a marketing point of view) burger king face printed on the inside of the shirts. That way, the few times the Getafe players perform the popular over-the-head-shirt-pull maneuver to celebrate a goal, the ever-creepy face of the Burger King will be revealed upon us; an act definitely worthy of a yellow card. To make matters worse, the marketing interns over at BK Spain thought it would be a good idea to include an owner’s manual with the kits on how to celebrate a goal (pictured below).

What are your thoughts on these kits? Do you like them? Do you appreciate the clever advertising, or simply deplore it as a publicity stunt gone too far?

Official unveiling of the Getafe Kit:

The king will come smiling down:

What is a kit worth without an instructions manual?

Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Jesus christ.... That's both horrible and amazing at the same time
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Oh man.... . I need a whopper. Bad
One of many victims of this publicity stunt! Damn you BK, I too want one really bad (with cheese please)
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Haha that is just brilliant
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Oh they all look like A kid meal LOL Omg amazing ha ha  
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
I'm fine with the Burger King sponsorship, but the Joma jersey design (outside mainly) is horrific. I like the idea of putting the King on the inside for celebrations. Great marketing stunt. They should have done this with a bigger, more popular club though. Clubs that you are sure will put goals up on the scoreboard
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I would be embaressed to celebrate a goal by putting the Burger King over my face. I think this is sponsorship gone way too far. Whats next? If a team is sponsored by an airline, they have to run around doing the airplane celebration with arms stretched out sideways? A goal celebration should be a release of energy, showing delight at a goal - not a chance to plug a greasy burger.

I bet that BK have offered a cash bonus incentive to players who celebrate "correctly". What a mess. I hope it doesn't open the door to a thousand copycat sponsorship campaigns.

In other news: I also want a Whopper
EmYouEffSee (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Marketing brilliance.... But honestly that looks like I should get a getafe shirt in a kids meal.
I wonder if they play real madrid or any rival, Mcdonalds will have ronald mcdonalds face on the inside of the rival team shirt?
It would be great for Real Madrid because then Cristiano could have another nickname: Ronaldo McDonald!
Good joke, sir

Well done sir
TFoAV (Manchester City) 5 years ago
Freaking Brilliant. The shirt is ugly, but I'd buy it just to score a goal in a pickup game and pull my shirt over my head. That is freaking brilliant. It really can't be said enough
Wannabgunner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
That is a great idea....
But can you imagine Pro players doing that
Like in their contracts.... Every three goals you score you must celebrate one by pulling your shirt over your head.... Lol
I think it looks horrible
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Lovely burger king makes great burgers I would be proud to wear that lovely brand on my kit and well done gefate for making the big step and givign in to the fast foods monry most clubs just regect their offers because they don't want to be critisised. Barcelona are the real heros though paying unicef to have their brand on their shirts
They donated their uniform space to unicef just to let you know.
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Yea and they pay them a few hundred thousand a year to have it their
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I am looking forward for their match to start
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Freaky! The logo doesn't really look too good on the kit though, but very creative idea to celebrate with the king!
I wonder if any of the players would actually celebrate like that?!
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Haha I think that's hilarious, love the part how you can pull the shirt over your head and theres a face there. Think I'm going to buy one of this kits just to do that celebration.

But on a serious note how embarresing, that's stupid to put of the front of your jersey, I mean they obviously don't want to be taken seriously
Imagine how they would celebrate if they were sponsored by Charmin!

What would be printed on the inside back of their shorts?
LOL! These sponsorships have gone to far. Um  It's Charmin I use  They offered lots of money so how could I refuse  
Soon every kit will come with a swine flu mask. Opportunity knocks for advertisers! For now though, only available at Anfield:

SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Omg Looool ahah
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
You see, the problem here is that the Burger King colors don't match that of Gatafe's traditional Red and. Although, I always thought fast-food chains should sponsor clubs more often................

LOOL! I thought they where real until I saw the Barca kit Lol
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
They actually look really nice! Lololol! As long as the logo matches the colour of the club...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Very Nicely Edited. I like the last one
They all look real except the Barca kit
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Omg, it looks so real!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football