Forums / Funny Old Game
Order: Newest / Oldest
Eat Nonsense Revival: Queen Says Up Your To Arsenal
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Originally published back when the Emirates was opened for the first time

For many years, the question of royal allegiance to certain football teams has been controversial. In Spain, Real Madrid have oft been accused of favouritism and bias. And there are many other examples as well, which I would use liberally if I knew them.

To avoid similar controversy, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has always declared herself free from the allegiances of lesser mortals. When asked which team she supports, she responds: "All of them."

However, new evidence suggests this to be nothing more than tact and delicacy! In a determined bid to erase this taint from our beloved game, in which such niceties are out of place and unwanted, EatFootball now reveals THE truth [sic] behind The Queen and Football.

Arsenal's new home, the Emirates 'I've-got-a-fat-new-sponsor-woo-hoo-woo-hoo' Stadium was opened by The Duke of Edinburgh on the 26th October. Her majesty herself was scheduled to be at the opening, but due to 'back pain' she was unable to attend.

Or so we were led to believe!

Luckily, an EatFootball insider who was visiting Buckingham Palace recently to pick up a knighthood for services to journalism, was fortunate enough to stumble over two copies of different letters while ransacking the Queen's private study. Both were written to Arsenal FC just prior to the Emirates opening event. One was sent. The other, strangely, was not.

By Fael

This story was originally published on eatfootball, which closed it's doors after its owners (matt and lee), moved their attention to the site you are now on (footytube).
Photoshop work was either done by myself or Matt, unless otherwise stated.

*If the story seems a bit dated now, that's because it is: we've republished them here, because we think they deserve to be unearthed.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football