Forums / Funny Old Game
Order: Newest / Oldest
Eat Nonsense: Crazy Euro Law - Football To Be Renamed
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Looks like those pesky Brussels Bureaucrats are at it again, not done meddling with our everyday lives, such as having your curvy cucumber and bendy banana banned from public places, EU officials have today announced the renaming of Football to Feetball.

Micheal Platini issued a statement "In order to comply with an EU directive, we have been forced to rename football. After seeking legal and medical advice we have abandoned the idea of keeping the same name whilst making all players play on one leg... Also out went renaming football to 0.33meterball. In the end we had no choice but to go with the renaming of football to feetball."

It's believed famous goals like Beckhams free kick against Greece might never of happened had players been forced to play with one foot tied behind their back.

Welsh team Amputee AFC are expected to lodge an appeal but no-one was available for comment at Footy Feetytube, however an ominous post-it note was seen on Lee's monitor saying only... "Gone Fishing"

Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I had a feeling this was exactly where the EU were going. Some fat-cat bureaucrat deciding crazy name rules! I also heard they might change the 'ball' part because the EU definition of a ball is "A solid spherical or pointed projectile, such as one shot from a cannon. "

They plan to either make the feetball solid like a cannonball, or else players can use small cannons to take goal kicks and penalties. Is the world gone mad?
4 years ago
OH MY goodness    Feetball?      Are they crazy
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 4 years ago
Haha, jokes. Got a source? How are these losers in power? Feetball? Might as well call it 'soccer'
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think it's a good evolution: football was becoming boring anyway, with Barcelona crushing anything in front of them and all. Let's see how they'll fare when Messi can only use 1 leg to play.

Edit: Apparently Barcelona's president Joan Laporta anticipated this and ordered a team of doctors to cut off Lionel Messi's right leg to the knee. No worries though, despite losing some of his pace, he's still doing great:

Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This is madness, when will the EU decide to leave football alone, he was one of my favourite players
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
I heard the Keepers have been raising concern in many countries as the amputated leg was thought to be used as an accessory in the net to make up for the natural loss of jumping power, though later ruled out by the EU as childish and nonsensical

Kick4Life - changing lives through football