Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Why Do You Love Football? - Footytube Video Competition
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Why do you love football?

footytube is on the hunt for the worlds best fan-made footy videos, and we're offering you the chance to show everyone your l33t video editing skills and share the results with everyone here on footytube.

What better place to showcase your talents than the worlds largest footy video community, right?

We want you to answer one simple question in your video: "Why do you love football?"

How you choose to answer that in your video is up to you.... You could put together a montage of you and your mates having a kick around in the park, a compilation of your favourite goals, or maybe you're going to write a heart-rendering karaoke song and send us webcam footage of the stomach turning result!

The rules are simple, the video can be anything you like, as long as it's football related. Add a soundtrack, video filters and swooshy sound effects if you like, or just keep it simple, the choice is yours. All we ask is that you try to keep your submission under 6 minutes, but if you do go over, we won't be too harsh - just make sure it's worth the extra time we'll spend watching!

What Can I Win?

We will schedule a Q&A with the winner, and all winning entries will be showcased on the front page of footytube for one week, and seen by over 1 million people!

As if that wasn't enough, the winning entry will also receive $250 in cold hard cash, AND an exclusive limited edition footytube Nike football jersey, with your footytube username embossed on the back, and a shirt number of your choice. Runner-up videos will receive $50 each and some items from the soon to be launched footytube shop.

How to submit your video

Simply create a youtube or dailymotion account, upload your video, and reply to this blog post with the youtube/dailymotion video address. The video will be embedded in the blog for our members to appraise, and you will be automatically entered into the competition.

Please don't submit old videos that you have made - this competition is for new entries only. Also note, that only 1 entry per person will be allowed, so make sure you send us your best video.

footytube editors will be choosing the winning video, and 2 runner-ups.

You have until we get a decent amount of submissions before the winner is picked

To kick things off, here's a submission from one of our members - s1kness - but do remember your video can be on anything as long as it's about football (see above).

A career in the video industry and footytube fame and glory awaits!
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Let it end  Let it end  Let it end!
Omar (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Me Entry for "Why do you love football"!  
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Good video, thanks

Come on folks, where are the videos! I'm working on one too.

Prizes, fame and respect are on the line here!
It was a bit delayed, and longer!
I had to cut a lot because of unnecessary talking, but that is about all the stuff I had.

I forgot to include my AC Milan sweatband though....

I think people are scared of showing their face. If no one else enters, S1ckness and Me can by the winners!
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
I have all those WorldSoccer editions

Good video too, thanks man.

$250 cash on the table though! I'm surprised so few people have entered :?
World Soccer is great, and I probably would have bough more magazines like FourFourTwo, the Champions League Magazine along with WorldSoccer, but I'm on limited funds, so 2 a year will have to do....
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I'm workin on one Ant, don't worry! Oh and sorry to maybe dissappoint you but I have more Chelsea stuff than you have Arsebal stuff nto to start a fight Morin but
Haha, that's fine. I probably would have more stuff, but money is a big problem with me because of University and living expenses, plus I wasn't around money much as a kid, just the sport!
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Sorry if I offended you- I can't wait for Ant's video!
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
You didn't offend me...
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Great video Omar it looks sweet, no football in it from what I watched though. My video is coming, give me a week Lee. Don't give away that money till May, it will be me getting it hopefully haha
Arthurtan (Arsenal) 5 years ago
With so many video editing talents out there. I'm surprised only so few entries!
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
When are you going to submit an entry? This jersey really bring out your eyes:
Hahaha!  I NEED TO WIN THAT shirt!
FUTEBOLFAN (Benfica Lisbon) 4 years ago
Great shirt lol
FUTEBOLFAN (Benfica Lisbon) 4 years ago
Great shirt lol
I want my head in that jersey sooo bad right now...
Anigmac7 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I like it
Ganjatechnician (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I WANT that shirt!
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Not sure but I think lee wanted to keep this post to submissions only, we might want to split this topic into a discussion one and a video posting one
Where do we go then?
Ossie (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I would so do this.... But I don't have a video camera.... Sad day  Ill have to borrow one from someone I suppose
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Clearly I need to extend the deadline on this.... Lazy footytubers!

They come in here, taking our vids, and we ask for one thing in return and what do we get? .... I dunno, back in my day.... Etc. Etc
Hmm, if you extend the deadline, they will probably not do it until the very end or very last second. That is my experience with deadline's anyway...
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yes, you definitely should extend the deadline date, Lee. We now only have.... 20 days to reply and you only put this out a few weeks ago. Yes, actually I suppose I am quite lazy or it's either I've been doing my homework! I haven't had much time - but don't worry, it'll come, in time!
Thefc3 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
W oh W ! ! !
That's gonna' be interesting! I wish I knew how to edit because I have a camera....
Good luck to everyone and may the best men win.
JR
I would guess that the deadline has been extended?
Yeah, apparently now it the deadline is until "we have enough submissions" It says that instead on the conditions at the top of the page. Classical
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
That will be forever, this gives me time to make Alen 2. 0 video and use my super cool editing skills to do it
Great. I was really hoping for that free moo-law.... *cough*Tuition*cough*
Anigma7 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Nice!
Ok here is my re-done one    
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
You are one cool geeza Alen, look at the size of your room!  Oh how the other half live    Nice vid
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yes man! Liverpool !
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
LFC FOREVER
Thanks I forgot this post was still here haha
Nizanassar (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Haha kwl go liverpool    I like your black liverpool jacket  And your flag and scraf on your wall haha
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I didn't knew about that, cool stuff gonna' work on mine
Finally, it's here! I don't believe it was so easy! I hope you think this is good!

Thanks for your help.
I am the guy who is speaking. Sorry that it sounds babyish but I am still young

Watch Here
No one can view it, you made it private
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yep, you might need to reupload it to youtube and choose 'public' not 'private'  
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Oh, oooops, sorry man! I'll tell my bro to change it! Lol
I believe you can just edit the settings for it, and set it to public
I think you guys can view it now, please have a look! Sorry if I am wrong
Just click on the link, it doesn't work Thanks
Its working now, just click on the link in the video guys. Good job Yogan - one of the few entries so far, and one that actually has some football in it!

Love the step-over and nutmeg at 3mins 15secs, nice move
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Nice vid lads - I like the passion and recognition, very thoughtful of you. And that bit of skill the stepover and the nutmeg - wow - look at the face on the goaly, devastated.

Top Marks!
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Lovely video guys, really nice....    And like Ant says, good to see a bit of football  
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Haha c'mon guys.... You really love football because of footytube hehe.... I LOVE IT toooo!
Good work from the Connolly kids very nice
Thanks for all your support, but personally I wanna see some more videos pooping up around here. We haven't had many submissions yet!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
You left out Vlad in the staff list
And Tom and Raf.... Oooops sorry you guys, I was gonna' add you on but I only realised a few minutes after I uploaded it.... It takes about 20 minutes to convert to WMV then 20 minutes to upload, so I really didn't want to do it again. Maybe it was worth it though, because that introduction is so long and really embarrassing!
Haha.... " He's only 7; not sure if he should have an account, but.... Ahem. "      I laughed out loud at that
Yogan (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Isn't it high voices Lol i've changed a bit since then
Stevie2010 4 years ago
Hey matey you seem to be very popular on here X
Jeez, I remember this1  Too bad a winner will never be decided. 3 entries
Good reminder. Anyone who wants to submit a video about "why they love football" please do so in this topic
Ricio78 (AS Roma) 4 years ago
Soccer is life
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
It's the Beautiful game...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football