Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Are The Most Reliable Players?
Wartext (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Javier zanetti. One of the most reliable players around
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Xavi- passing is sharp, a pretty agressive player for his size for defending, but not for scoring. Xavi can create plays, control the game, give loads of assists but not a scorer, though I can score.
Fabregas- can score and pass- top scorer and assist for his team. Not sure about his defending....
Seems like many people said gerrard, though I have to disagree. If he's that reliable with scoring, sharp passing, and defence- his team shouldn't be in 6th place right now. Could end up in 7th place since villa still got a game in hand to play and is behind liverpool.
Ashrafvin (Barcelona) 4 years ago
XAVI hernandes. Enough said. You can see he's reliable just by his name.  
Lampard007 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Xavi is also reliable
Lampard007 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Lampard is the most trusted player
Grubbadub (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Great topic my choices are gerrard john terry and lionel messi
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
1. Can Score Goals. Arjen Robben. Enough said.
2. Defence is strong. Up and down the field, the swift dutchman goes....
3. Passing is spot on. Please. That's something they teach in pre-school in the Netherlands.
4. Attitude is positive for the team. Always a team player he is, he is.
5. Plays with real consistency. Has won 9 majors, 6 individual honors
6. Opposing team's nightmare. Now gives Sir Alex Ferguson secondary nocturnal enuresis.
Kunalvyas9 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Didier drogba is the one player on which you can rely and he will give you the best any striker can give for other teams. He is the real person for chelsea for many years and I know one thing that if chelsea won the biggest of title the champions league he will be the outstanding player for chelsea for sure.

Another person I would like to say is frank lampard he is really mr chelsea....
His statistics says its prolific goal scoring form for chelsea in last 6 and 7 years.
As a mid fielder he had consistently scored more than 20 goals per season.
Masflam (Manchester United) 4 years ago
If I supported barca in 1996, inter in 2000, milan in 2008and real madrid in 2003 and brazil from 1995-2005, I would say ronaldo luis nazario de lima

1. Can Score Goals. (34 goals in 37 apps in barca in 1 season, 62 in 97 apps in brazil and 340 of 484 apps in total I would say he can pretty much score)
2. Defence is strong. (strong player with fairly good tackle)
3. Passing is spot on. (good teamworker)
4. Attitude is positive for the team. (I think he hated madrid but for the other clubs.... Yes)
5. Plays with real consistency(except in madrid in 2005ish were beckhm and zidane came and e got tired if too many star players, but other clubs always good)
And....
6. Opposing team's nightmare(no defender wants to get in his way, no defender could!)

But its only my opinion
Prophet88 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ryan Giggs  Maldini  Gerrard  Darren Fletcher  Frank Lampard
Xybati (Manchester United) 4 years ago
NOT specify the ability, but the reliability in the team, I think there's should be places forEPL this season, first reliable 11 player)

Van der Saar (GK)
Patrice Evra (LB)
Vidic(CB)
John Terry(CB)
Johnson(RB)
Gerrard(CM)
Frank Lampard(CM)
Darren Fletcher(CM)
Rooney(ST)
Drogba(ST)
Tevez(ST)

ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I like Gerrard and Lampard.... But this season, for a english mid, I would through it to James Milner. Scores almost every game, always the workhorse, links well with everybody. I don't think it's a stretch to say he's caught Fabio Capello's attention with his run of play.

Also his Villa teammate Richard Dunne has played spectacularly.

On the other hand, for a back Thomas Vermaelan has been a ridiculous goal scoring force for Arsenal. He's a good back. He could be a great mid, too, maybe even a decent winger or foward in a pinch. But he'stoo reliable in the back to use his full versatility. He's a beast though.

And it looks like.... All of the people I just mentioned are injured somehow right now. Great.

Higuan is also good. He and Ronny are splitting most of the goal-scoring responsibility at the Santiago Bernabau.... Hoping he stays healthy
Keyrock (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Being a Chelsea fan, the most reliable player for Chelsea is without doubt Frank Lampard.
He has scored 20 goals a season consistently, and even when you think he is not playing well, he will come up with important assists.
Has an eye for a goal, makes defence splitting passes, reads the game brilliantly, helps out in defence. He is surely Mr. Reliable for Chelsea
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Judging by the qualities you name out, defenders are harder to define as reliable due to the fact that they don't score much.

For my team, the player that got the most ticks in the box currently is Pirlo.
1. Can Score Goals. - yes. Scores fantastic goals.
2. Defence is strong. - yes. Tackling is not his forth, but anticipation is.
3. Passing is spot on. - 'nuff said about his passing abilities.
4. Attitude is positive for the team. - No big ego.
5. Plays with real consistency. - Pretty consistent during his time with Milan.

But if there's another choice, Nesta would be the most reliable player currently.
He fulfilled all the boxes but is very skeptical to injuries. - not very reliable in that sense-, however, when he is on the field, Milan defence seldom crumbles.

Past greats for reliability would include P. Maldini, Baresi, Albertini and Donadoni
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
The most reliable player in my team manchester united has to be darren fletcher, it seems when darren plays utd win, and when he's missing, the whole midfield is upset, and has a knock on effect throughout the team.
So darren fletcher would be the first name on my teamsheet every week, closely followed by wayne rooney

Kick4Life - changing lives through football