Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Are The Most Reliable Players?
Andy14 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Xavi and iniesta
MtooDX (1. Nürnberg) 4 years ago
Oh. Kahn.... If point 5 is substentional you tell me who can leed a team to the semi-finals on his own
Vonrasmussen (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm somewhat puzzled by this topic being a United fan. Giggs has certainly been this but he's not consistent enough anymore to be it. Rooney will be this in a year or two but currently he's not quite composed enough, his playing this year has been tremendous though. Van der Sar is a class act but has been injured so much (and obviously doesn't score goals). I wish I could say Rio Ferdinand, but he's been anything but that this year for United and I'm afraid for England that he is the new captain. I like him as a person and a player but his inconsistency on the pitch this year is not National Squad Captain material. I think United's closest guy is Rooney, if only hargreaves wouldn't have been injured I feel like he could have been this for United.

I'm not sure how nobody is screaming lampard for chelsea, much more so than John Terry. But someone made the point of Anelka and I think that was a good point.

Fabregas is a given for arsenal. No one else is really close.

Gerrard for Liverpool.... That's all I'll say about that.

Man City doesn't really have that yet (due to buying a whole new team this year) but Tevez has been suprisingly reliable as of late.

I think Xavi probably for Barcelona, but Messi is also quite reliable.

Real Madrid's might be Higuan, even though he's not getting the respect he should be there.

ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Xavi is a good answer.  Rooney is not.  Fabregas is most of the time reliable.    Inniesta is the most reliable
YDDUB (Manchester United) 4 years ago
If anyone had watched the Arsenal-United game recently Cesc wouldn't fall in for your list. He was nowhere to be seen sometimes & other times he was wasting the ball entirely.
His attitude is like a roller-coaster as well, though not as much lately.

What about Modric? I haven't watched him much (never outside of this season(but every time I see him he's pretty spot on
Brazilix (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I'm kind of amazed that Lampard's name hasn't made it here yet. When I read the post on footytubes main page and the word reliable the first name that popped into my mind was Lampard. In my opinion he has been one of the most reliable and consistent players on the Chelsea team several past years
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yes. Lamps is one of the most consistent player. Also he rarely gets injured which makes him even better
Dutchglory2010 (PSV) 4 years ago
Afellay FOR PSV IS LIKE CESC FOR arsenal    
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Anyone? The beast essien! He may not score goal in every matches but his goal are rated worldclass! He make nice defence, his passing are world class and atlast he is one of the positive minded player of chelsea!
Zemaster11 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Completely agree with you (as I posted). It's tough to rate him or Lampard as "more reliable" because they are both the definition of reliable. I think Essien's ability to play several positions on the pitch (LB, CDM, CM, even CAM) all give him the edge, albeit slightly, over Lampsy
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yes essien played in many positions in his country team! He is perfect in all positions !
BartoZZ10 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Maldini - Most consistent and one of the best players ever!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
And they've asked to mention the timeline:  Maldini was reliable every time he played!
Iamrock (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Gud  
Vivaldi (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Although it hurts, I must mention two Inter players:

Javier Zanetti
Esteban Cambiasso

For sure the most reliable players I've ever seen. Our great captain Massimo Ambrosini is worth too. I love this kind of players
Sam (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
I have to agree Vivaldi- as much as it hurts to see him play for that team, Zanetti is just class.... Leads by example and is so reliable and dependable- I have never seen him subbed or have a bad game!
Gunner2000 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Robin van Persie: Class, Passion, committed
Lyradpro (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Steven Gerrard Surely!
Eskimo (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Over this season i'd answer pepe reina tbh, you can't compare those 5 points with reina, but no matter how bad the rest of liverpool performed, he was always there, consistant and reliable
BlahUnited (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Most would say Rooney but it just has to be Evra:

2. Defence is strong.
3. Passing is spot on.
4. Attitude is positive for the team.
5. Plays with real consistency.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football