Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Transfer Roundup 13/6: Messi To Jail, Torres To Barcelona ...
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
OK we may have been guilty of a bit of tabloid style headline exaggeration there (I have been reading waaay too many papers lately). The story is being reported everywhere that (BBCis as good a source as any) that Messi and his Father are accused of avoiding paying tax on image rights sold abroad to the amount of around 4m euros (£3.4m). Messi is as shocked as anyone by these allegations and has stated:

"We have never committed any infringement. We have always fulfilled all our tax obligations, following the advices of our tax consultants who will take care of clarifying this situation."

Apparently, what tipped off investigators is the fact that 10 players were listed as dependents on his tax returns. If found guilty Messi could face up to six years in prison and a large fine, Better hope the Judge is not a Real Madrid fan.

Almost as shocking is the rumour that someone actually WANTS Torres as reported in a few places (
Mirror, The Sun). The offer is apparently only as a bench warmer so if it is genuine then the decision for Torres appears to be where he would rather sit next season, my advice is simply the weather is better in Spain.

Tottenham have apparently made an unsuccesful bid of £17mil for Inter Milans Fredy Guarin according to The Mirror. The Italians are demanding 21mil for the Colombian internationl which Spurs could easily meet as they look to clear out a lot of the 'not Bale' players from last year.

Liverpool are in the market for a new keeper admist rumours of Reina departure and they could do a lot worse than sgining Simon Mignolet for £8mil which is precisley what is reported in the
Daily Mail. Sunderland are apparently holding out for £10mil for the Belgian shot stopper but the Keeper is keen to move to increase his profile and chances of securing the Belgian No. 1 spot.

I may need to change the ongoing thread name from 'Transfer Rumours' to 'The Robert Lewandowski Experience' as the reports are surfacing daily about where he is NOT going to play which seems like an odd game of 'Guess Who'. An article in the Independent headlines with the fact that he will not be allowed to move to Manchester United or Bayern Munich it quotes Dortmund's chief executive Aki Watzke. “We have said everything that had to be said.

”I can understand he is disappointed. If I was him I'd also be disappointed to hear about FC Bayern not making an offer for him.

“What I expect from him now is to show the strength in character he has shown over the past years and cope with the situation on a professional level. I am confident that he will do so. 2014, when his contract runs out, he is welcome to join Munich.

”I can only call off the wish I know about. Why should I bother about other clubs when all we know about is that he only wants to join Bayern.“

Wow just wow, he is clearly openly mocking the player he may as well of said "Na na nananaaaa Bayern don't wont you!". Also it appears that despite the headline he is not blocking a move to Manchester United it is simply Rob has not expressed an interest to play there.

Michael Laudrup is a hot manager at the moment; coming off a rather successful season with Swansea by securing both a mid-table position, and winning the League Cup in style. According to the Independent, Laudrup is being eyed by PSG, Real Madrid, and Monaco (but isn’t everyone in football linked to Monaco…)
French paper L’equipe, has it on good authority that PSG are at the forefront of the race for enlisting the big Dane’s services to replace Carlos Ancellotti (who himself is rumoured to be going to the Bernabeu). Laudrup is apparently unhappy at the proposed summer transfer dealings at Swansea so PSG and their cheque book could prove tempting. Though this story does appear to be centered around his agent Bayram Tutumlu who Swansea accuse of trying to dictate transfer policy and refuse to have any further dealings with him.

It is hard to think what 10% receiving Bayram Tutumlu would get out of a 10mil (his release fee) move for Laudrup.

Finally today we have a story in The Sun that reports that confirmation of Manuel Pellegrini appointment as City manager thy will be in pole position to sign Spanish wonderkid Isco from Malaga. Yep that's right a Spanish Wonderkid. This rumour looks pretty solid with Malaga banned from European competition and Isco describing Pellegrini as his 'footballing father' I would expect to see this deal go through.

If you have found any other rumours let us know in the comments below.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football