Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Trophy Room - A Retrospective Look At The Forums
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Got to give a shout out to Sergio's "This or That: footy edition" classic and always entertaining. And ReidScott's ongoing discussion of this current era of Barcelona football, "Is 2009 Barcelona the best team ever" just a lot of insight on how this Barca team continues to make history and play the beautiful game at the highest level. There have been plenty of great teams down the years, this Barca squad will probably be in the mix when you take a look at football history 50 years from now, Reid pointed that out brilliantly
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
The Prediction League
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Surprised that no one mentioned Agony Ant!  It's quiet simply the best
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I think ant gets as much fun coming up with answers for agony ant, it can't be easy
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
This were some threads that I saw some interesting discussions on.
The summer wishlist thread on the terrace forum was a nice thread where people could pretend to be the manager/owner and write up a wishlist of the summer window they wanted for their team. Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/your-team-su...
The footytube predicition league was great while it lasted and I really enjoyed participating in that. I'm sure there are many more threads that I haven't mentioned but I'm sure someone else will come along and mention one of those topics I missed
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
There is alot I like about these forums, the crack is always good and their are plenty of conflicting views about rival teams and supporters, and what better way to see who knows best then a good old game of predictions, the top one run by Netnerd Link: www.footytube.com/forums/punters-lounge/week-ten-2... is my favourite but others such as prediction scoreline run by lifeguard is a good one Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/game-premier... and sjsung runs survival soccer Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/new-game-sur... and the other one I play is run by billiam and that's pick a winner Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/pick-a-winne... all good games that I come back to play regularly and are good fun too!
That reminds me need to get my predictions in for this week! :)
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Who doesent like "silly caps", we have some witty members on footytube.
A favourite of mine is "what are you listening to right now" thread, you get such a diverse range of cultures, music, etc.
Heres one of my ALL TIME favourites which I posted a while back, you can't get more diverse than a bit of irish rasta....Lol
Heres ziggy marley and the chieftains performing "redemption song"
Don't dare miss it, great tune, and song

Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Got to agree Tone, what are you listening to is one of my all time favorites, and a topic I always visit. Andy's lasting legacy on the site haha, always good music on there, great to find a real gem that you have never heard that somebody posted
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
My favorite topic is: Who is the best between Messi and Ronaldo? Lol. OK just kidding. Those are the most annoying threads, although they have some kind of pull. I find myself posting in them sometimes.

Here are some good threads from the top of my mind (I am sure that there are many others that I like):

Your Clubs History And What Makes It So Unique

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...

Where Would Football In Your Country Be....

Would You Buy Liverpool Or A Big English Club If You Had The Money?

And now everything in the Basement section:

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/basement/
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
My favourite topic on the site is probably the Silly Captions competition:

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/funny-football/the-silly-...

Basically, anyone can submit a funny footballing photograph to the topic and everyone else tries to caption it. The photos submitted must be new (1 week old or less) and funny enough that people can actually write something about them. Loads of laughs to be found there. Current queen of funny captions is house comedienne Crumpeteer who comes up with some gold on a regular basis. Also, don't forget the winner gets bonus fan valuation!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Yeah, I love The Silly Captions Comp and I am a fan of Crumpeteer's entires. Lol
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago

Hey all. I thought we should all take a few moments to consider what we forums users believe to be the best topic on footytube. Welcome to the trophy room!

Does it make you laugh? Is it clever? Is it controversial?

Please make a new post and have a link to the new topic, as well as a very short description of what it is and why you like it. I'll make an example below.

If you agree with the original post someone makes, then reply to it but if you have a different topic to link to, make a totally new post about it in this topic. Basically, don't reply to someone saying "No, you're wrong, this ones better!". I will be cleaning up the topic every now and then so it is readable, and removing some of the very short replies like 'lol' and 'yea' which take up room but add nothing.

Lets give attention to the best of the best on the footytube forums!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football