Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Footytube Vlog - Episode 1
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago

Millions of notes, multiple edits, hours of footage, thousands of ideas, but it's finally here: The footytube Vlog!

In this episode we will discuss:

-Anderson and his future at Manchester United.
-Wayne Bridge pulling out of England's' International squad
-Left back problem on the England squad

Feel free to leave comments, questions, concerns, praise, etc.
Some questions will be answered on next weeks episode, and it could be YOUR question!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Excellent work, thanks for this. Love the photos between topics
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Nice job omar, this could prove popular, and it can only get better, the more you do.... Good luck
Mauijim (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Great start Omar. Looking forward to the next one
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Nice one omar!
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Hopefully Leighton Baines would become a starting left-back without Bridge and Cole
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Nice start! Looking forward to this each week...
Ando09 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Omar, I like what you are doing, but do more research before you post. The Anderson topic was fruitless, you didn't really tell anybody what they didn't already know. Same with the Wayne Bridge thing. Once you find out if something big is actually occurring, then post. Keep it up though, I'm sure you'll improve over time
Webbo (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I don't agree with you on the Bridge comment. Terry was his mate, his "bff" and the SOB went and slept with his BFF's girl.... You kidding me?! And you expect the guy to stick around in the same concentration, on the same pitch with the traitor that slept with his wife? Really?!

Your position that "one is Football and the other is 'private' and they shouldn't mix" really is a flimsy argument. They are both public figures, and this was not a secret event, it was quite public. As much as you would like for it to be separate events, the reality is that it is connected and no, you cannot separate them. What you do in your private life is your business, yes; however it does eventually transpire to your 'public career', and it affects your surroundings, relationships and career performance. (I. E. Tiger Woods, nuf said).

Wayne Bridge is doing what is best for him and I'd dare say for the England Squad. You think that that type of personal tension in the locker room and the Team Concentration would not affect the entire squad? That there would not be a division, sides.... Tensions that might affect the entire team and their performance? There is no way we can isolate and sterilize the event and say: well Terry slept with HIS MATE's wife but they can still hang and be partners in the squad, play the world cup as if nothing happened, that is an unreal expectation. Maybe in fifa10 you can put them together, but real life.... Much more complicated.

You said 'you understand' that it can affect the player's concentration.... I ask.... Do you? Have you been betrayed by your buddy that slept with your woman? It's easy for us to take a look from the outside and say "he should just play the world cup", but TRY to place yourself in Bridge's cleats.... I know I would have done the same thing; aside from probably breaking the guy's legs, or just praying that Karma enacts her vengeance.... Because let me tell you, Karma is a b***h.

Keep up the postings!
I don't know the full story, but wasn't the woman involved in the Bridge/Terry thing only Bridges EX-girlfriend? Not his wife, not even his current girlfriend?

I might be wrong
Nkarli7 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It was his ex girlfriend, but he has a child with her, which makes it a little worse. Honestly I think the whole thing is just media hype and a waste of time. They need to move on with life
Gomlee (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Easy for you to say just move on, it's a little more complicated than that. Feelings are a fragile thing and I do believe one of them had to pull out of the English team to prevent tension building up and inevitably ending up ruining the mood in the dressing room and also in training and on the pitch, I can fully understand Bridge's decision. He was his best friend and he had a kid with this woman, makes the subject more touchy. Might be media hype to you but try putting yourself in his position, I find that last part rather ignorant
Well, he has to move on eventually.
If he keeps it in his mind for toolong, not only will it still be a distraction, but it will affect his future in any sort of relationship
Htut80 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Anderson didn't play bacause he had picked up an injury earlier in the season. Then, while injured, he flew back to Brazil w/o the authorization of SAF. Once he was healthy again, SAF sat him on the bench for a while as a disiplinary measure. You need to do some research before you post, Omar. Keep it up, though. I wish you luck and I'm sure you'll get better with time. Practice makes perfect!
Gomlee (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Totally agree, he went back to Brazil to clear his head and think about his own future but after he came back he sat down to speak with Fergie face to face to sort out any loose ends. He has said in a interview that he has thought it through and is ready to move on, all he wants to do is continue working his way back into the team and strive to do better. It has been frustrating for him to be out injured but he is happy at the club and obviously wants to stick around and see how far he can go. A little more research next time, Omar keep 'em coming
Yes. Limited sources at my front. Thank you for the criticism guys!
Ketcchyshubby (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
These Vlogs will be entirely dedicated to the Premier League?
If you would like to see other stuff, like Serie A round-up, just ask for it in this topic. If Omar has time or something interesting happens, he might pop it into the video
The Topics are all fair game! They could be about the Premier league, Serie A, scandals, or Dubai trying to get another team (hint)!

The Predictions will be dedicated to the Premiership, but if there is a game I want a viewer to see, I will talk about it.

Like I said in the video, Feel free to suggest something and I will more than consider it for the upcoming episodes!
Iamrock (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Gud 1

Kick4Life - changing lives through football