Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Footytube Podcast: Episode 2
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
A solution for the Premier League's busy schedule downgrading the FA-cup could be scrapping 2 PL spots so the league will only have 18 teams left. Of course this probably won't happen soon because the bottom teams will heavily protest to that. But in Belgium it did happen, and the result is that games are now more interesting (the really inferior teams are out) and players better rested. There less need to play B-teams in cup fixtures too, which makes the cup a better competition as well
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Just In case you wanted to check here are the predictions:

Aston Villa v Newcastle United FT PC 2-2 Araz 1-1 - result 1-2 - no one right

Queens Park Rangers v Manchester City FT PC 0-2 Araz 1-0 - 0-0 NO ONE right

Stoke City v Wigan Athletic FT PC 1-0 Araz 1-0 - result 2-2 NO ONE right

Sunderland v Swansea City - randomly missed out, opps sorry!

Arsenal v Liverpool FC PC 1-1 Araz 2-1 - 2-2 PC result correct

Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur FT PC 0-2 Araz 1-2 - 1-1 NO ONE right

Everton v West Bromwich Albion FT PC 1-0 Araz 2-0 - result 2-1 BOTH GOT result correct.

Manchester United v Southampton FT PC 2-1 Araz 4-0 result 2-1 PC GOT score AND result, ARAZ GOT result

Reading v Chelsea FT PC 0-2 Araz 1-2 result 2-2 NO ONE right

Fulham v West Ham United FT PC 1-0 Araz 1-1 result 3-1 PC result right.
So if we assume
1pt for result
3pts for score

FT PC = 7 vs Araz = 2.

Low scoring week with upsets for Chelsea, Man City and Spurs the main culprits
@TheBarcaShow And this is the problem entirely "make sure that they play the most important ones (usually league matches)". The FA cup is no longer seen as important by the prem teams with the prizes from 1st-5th valued higher than the cup itself. Therefore the Premier League is devaluing the Cup by forcing teams to make decisions on fitness by playing games so close together
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
That is fair to say, yes a higher finish is better for sure. Also avoiding relegation is another thing which clubs keep in mind. In another podcast which I listen to (I'm not cheating on you) they propose that perhaps the winner of the FA cup deserves the 4th champions league spot more than the team that finishes 4th in the league
Here is the second footytube podcast in it we discuss the infamous ballboy, FA cup shocks and look forward to the mid week Premier League games.

Music is 'Fear of Losing' by The Alaskan Pipeline.
http://www.thealaskanpipeline.com/ap2/
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Great podcast. Sorry Matt, I gotta' side with Araz on the cup. These big teams played players which were good enough to win the matches but obviously they weren't dedicated enough to do so. I don't think fielding the strongest side is the way to go into the match either. You have to balance out the fitness for your players and make sure that they play the most important ones (usually league matches)
Araz (Queens Park Rangers) 1 year ago
Well said Sir
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
Great listen again lads, its a nice mix of stats, controversy, analysis, team tactics and a bit of light hearted banter threw in as well.
Just on the ballboy {a ballboy with a hairy ass}? ....
Although I don't think hazard was right in what he did, I don't see why chelsea should have to suffer by loosing a player for three games or whatever, while swansea are seeming to get off scot free. If me as joe public had run onto that pitch and held up proceedings I would have been turfed out and taken to the cop shop and more than likely banned sin die from ever entering that stadium or any other again. So wheres the ballboys punishment? , he was brave and stupid enough to brag about time wasting if he got the chance on twitter before the game, so should he not be punished for something he had pre-planned? . I mean hazard and his team were highly charged and looking to speed the game up with little time remaining, how can you punish someone for wanting to keep the game moving? Which is already dead slow and stop as it is.
Ban hazard for three games, and I would ban the hairy assed ballboy for at least three years.
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
I don't know if its just me, but does anyone think araz'a toon is very similar to frankenstein? , the only thing missing is the bolt in the neck.... Lol, I think matts been having a laff

Kick4Life - changing lives through football