Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Premier League Agent Fees League Table
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
So with the increased visibility the Premier League demands from it's members they release a report each year showing how much money is spent on agent fees. So I ordered it and made a handy table:

Now it would seem to me the easiest way to start sorting footballs financial issues out would be to ban agents. They not only take out £77million quid for nothing but they drive up wages, create rifts between clubs and players and basically leech off the game we love.

In 2011 Manchester City made a reported 29.8 million from gate receipts. Therefore if everyone that attended a game paid the average of £30 a ticket roughly £10 of that ticket goes to an agent (I realise this is over simplified and does not take into account tv rights etc.).

So the next time one of your favourite players is considering moving from the club don't blame the player he is probably just listening to an agent who needs a new car.
ManUK (Manchester United) 1 year ago
It'd getting ridiculous, players need to need to take some responsibility and realize that many of their agents are using them as tools to get stupid amounts of money. But unfortunately many of these men are young and don't know any better, all they know is that their agent made a compelling sales pitch
Lajigunner (Arsenal) 1 year ago
The players are brainless! What do you expect? If I were an agent i'll ripp off their empty brains, not as if the agents wants the best for the players, its so sad what football has come to
Jimbobcurtinpan (Manchester United) 1 year ago
How do clubs have to pay agents? Is it not the players themselves who pay?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
From my understanding agents take a % of the deal bringing players in so in essence the players do pay the agents.
However the fact that they take a % means that it is in their best interest to drive the deal up as high as possible thereby increasing the price of the player. No player would take on an agent if they did not think they could do better without them

Kick4Life - changing lives through football