Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Footytube World Cup Podcast - Episode 6
Carl (Rotherham United) 3 years ago
Setting a new record today, we have the preview for Tuesday's games up nice and early, and the video is back!

The video player is much better, as it allows you to seek, rewind, etc - which is far more handy

The big guns are playing almost every day now, so some interesting betting opportunities are on the horizon. As always we look forward to hearing your comments.

Cheers!

BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
@Araz thanks for the shout out even though you think my Green sentiments are rubbish! Lol
@Pete I'm hearing alot of anti-Scotland sentiment don't stand for that for a second
@Carl you heard Vuvuzela's at bedtime perhaps an antacid is in order? Tomorrow's matches will definitly help to clear up the picture someone's brackets are going to get busted. Gentlemen I will not miss a single podcast what a way to start your day.

Cheers my brothers!(with a very American accent)
Petecheyne (Aberdeen) 3 years ago
Haha, the worrying thing is I'm so accustomed to the abuse, I almost accept it - I shall make sure I'm more offensive
Araz (Queens Park Rangers) 3 years ago
@BigShel, we certainly don't think the comments were rubbish, in fact your views are probably more objective than us from across the pond, we do tend to be quite harsh on our boys, but it’s just a result of years of expectation, followed by disappointment and heart break.

You're right, these things do happen, but they always happen to us
No worries Araz my comments are always tongue in cheek! That's why I love your podcast so much. By the way are we getting one today?
@Petechyne I am looking foward to you gettin "Brave Heart" on these guys next time the disrespect!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Nice to see the video back lads, it gives the podcast that edge and visual comedy comes to the fore.... Lol. Loved the keepers headstones.
@carl, the vuvuzelas are rectorally shaped, and if someone was blowing one beside me, that's were they would be sporting it, as I have already said, they ruin the atmosphere { I think}, I would rather hear the singing, not the official england band, they're worse than the vuvuzelas.... Lol.
But how do players communicate on the pitch? , how does staff relay messages to players on the pitch, among the din, and an important public announcement could get lost, ie; ground evacuation due to a problem.
Keep up the good work guys, loving the podcasts, and get off bigshels back, I have robert green in nets in my world cup dreamfooty team.
I can't see capello dropping green either, he would only be admitting it was his mistake, and I can't see capello doing that
OK Tony two points you are right about Capello too hard headed. Point number two you don't care about my feelings at all only your damm dreamfooty team!
Be careful what you wish for Tony, before you know it the age old tune of the great escape will be trumpeting out of the England stands
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I can always sell robert green anyway if england don't make it, bet he plays on friday though
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Vuvzelas haunt me in my dreams too. Although, honestly, I'm kinda getting used to them after about 10 matches.

Still, I'd prefer if they were banned (which I highly doubt is gonna' happen). Maybe FIFA should come up with a new rule to allow only modified Vuvuzelas with a certain decibel limit (if that's even possible)
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Thank you for the mention, great podcast as always. As BigShel says, great way to start the day, a coffee and a very informed view on the World cup. However, where's the "Life of Riley" music gone!? What's that new theme, the Sweeney?! Now I have to go and listen to the youtube vid

I feel its my duty to defend New Zealand here as my adopted country after your scathing slanders! I'm Irish but have been living in New Zealand for a few years. I work on weekends for both the Wellington Phoenix (biggest club team in NZ, plays in Australian A-League) and New Zealand national teams as a stretcher bearer. (Link: www.footytube.com/forums/footytube-blog/the-highs-... )

I'll start by stating the obvious. New Zealand qualified from a joke of a group, because Australia now qualify out of Asia, not Oceania. They will be lucky to get a goal, let alone a point out of the World cup. However, for a region that is saturated with a rugby culture, I'm personally delighted to see football rise in popularity here. It seems every kid wants to play football now and rightly so. I've seen a change from workmates laughing at me for staying up til 3am to watch live Premiership games, to them planning to stay up til similar times to watch World cup games.

As much as you can list stat after stat about the miserable state of New Zealand football, the Kiwis main striker Shane Smeltz has been the top scorer by a country mile in the Australian league for the previous couple of seasons. The guy knows how to finish and I'd pick him over a player like Heskey every single time. I expect him to get some attention.

I think even a draw in the WC would mean a festival here and the momentum would send NZ football forward in leaps and bounds. Personally speaking, I can't wait for the games.
I'm voting for a breakaway super league, the Scottish, Aussie and New Zealand Premier Leagues combine forces. Finally, Aberdeen may relive those glory years...
Ant, I really hope New Zealand prove us all wrong and get a result today, I'd love to see the underdog come through, but sadly I think there could be a bit of a gulf between the teams. It's just down to how much money and resources are spent in Europe to get the players tactically organised and fit, and I think it usually ends up showing on the pitch if one side has that and the other doesn't
I stand by my claim that NZ will be lucky to get a goal, let alone a point! Bring it on
3 years ago
I'm confident of an entertaining game here. New Zealand know their own limitations - surely they're not going to put 10 behind the ball and try for a draw. I feel they'll go out there, with no pressure whatsoever at all and enjoy the game. It might not be a game blessed with skill or flair, but I'm looking forward to a passionate, thrilling match
It was absolutely the opposite of a passionate, thrilling match, but I would like to take this opportunity to say that New Zealand are doing exactly as well as England, USA and Italy after one game. Best result in NZ football history
3 years ago
Very entertaining for me, no skill, no flair, but a good honest game of football. Loved it
Weiss will be at Man City or Chelsea by the end of the Summer, is my bet
LOL so what you are saying is it looked like an MLS game
Well done to New Zealand on their first World Cup points. I'm really happy for them, and at least now Scotland aren't the only team they've ever scored past at a World Cup
Well, once you've scored against the best, the rest will come naturally
Omar (Arsenal) 3 years ago
The Vuvzelas sound like a swarm of Bee's if you think about it!

I know everyone thinks New Zealend will get thrashed, but I'm really hoping for an upset at that game
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Nice!I love listening to these while I browse footytube! LOL, it would be cool if there was a little thingy like next to the meebo bar where I can Pause and Play
Just open up two windows that's what I do computer in the center Bagel in one hand and tea on the otherside plus the game on tv. Here on the east coast of the US the first game comes on at 7:30 am

Kick4Life - changing lives through football