Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Footytube Named In Telegraph Top 25 Football Sites
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago

It's always good to see the press acknowledging greatness on the interwebs, and we're pleased to have been included in this years list of the Top 25 footy sites over at the Telegraph.

They got a few things wrong in the review, which seemed to suggest that footytube users can upload video content (they can't - footytube is a search engine and video aggregator, not a video host). But, I guess that's an easy mistake to make, what with the youtube connotations.

All-in-all, we're very happy with the mention, and it would be interesting to see what some of the other broadsheets reckon as to the Top 25 footy sites (Guardian? *cough *cough).

There's a few more sites that should have been included on the list in our opinion, one that immediately springs to mind being Football Filter which is a must see site for keeping up to date with the latest footy news.

We're also not sure why When Saturday Comes didn't get a mention, which is always a fantastic read.

We assume the Telegraph editors got put off by the estrogen-fueled pinkness, but Kickette is definitely worth a mention. It's the only footy site we know of whose editors consist entirely of women, thoroughly dispelling the myth that Gabi Logan is the only woman in England that knows about sport.

Also a very useful site for keeping abreast (wahey), of the latest fashion styles and those hand-bag storage tips you've been missing

Talking of bags, we complete the list of missing sites with one of our favourites of all-time -the onion bag, is a delicious acid trip through a parallel universe where Monty Python got to take over as Princess of the FA, and the Hoff played host to World Cup 2006.

Though I must admit, the drivel they wrote about the Hoff ushering in the falling of the Berlin Wall with cheesy Ameri-Pop hits, was stretching the imagination a bit.... :/

Although we can probably see why it was included on the list, we think F365 is in desperate need of a makeover. It hurts my eyes to stay there for more than a few minutes, looking as it does, like it came from the now defunct-ish friends reunited era. Oh.... Wait....

If only some uber-rich newspaper mogul could buy the site and sort it out.... Oh.... Wait....

Edit: I would have posted a proper screengrab of the site, but after my browser crashed for the third time (seriously) due to all the windows plugins and crap stuffed onto their homepage, I gave up. My fault for owning a Proper Computer I suppose.

Related Links

Oscar Karlsten's take on the Top 25 - and a little about Openfooty

The Daily Telegraph Top 25 Football Websites

Footytube Review at Brainiacs

Osckar Karlsten's Footytube 2.0 Review

Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Graet work we are #15 on the list you guys getting your reward speeches made? When they come to interview you Lee!
Thefc3 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Hi guys
You're doing a great job and you deserve to be on top of the list, but don't forget that we help to rate it that way so.... When you pick the trophy don't forget to thank the fans
JR
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
Wow that's amazing! It hasn't even been a year yet, or a half of a year at that, since you went live. Great job staff! Going for that #1 spot! Lol
Mattdog87 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Yay for footytube!
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Congratulations to the team footytube (administrators), and congratulations to all members who live on this site. Next year we will aim for first place
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
The telegraph? footytube has reached the big times!
Too right, obviously if it had been some right-wing Tory rag like the Mail we wouldn't have mentioned it. Oh, wait...
Pauksa (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Congratulations to the team footytube administrators
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
All right! That must feel pretty awesome Lee, you thoroughly deserve it
Victor088 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Congrats footytube you guys deserve it
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Congratulations to the site.... Really well put together and fantastic site for viewing and talking about everything that is footy
Wow, with a comment like that, it's almost like you.... Work on the footytube staff....
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He's right though, I don't go anywhere else for football, apart from the BBC sport section
You bastard! What do the BBC have that we don't?

(Apart from English football fixtures)

If only we had a spare 20k a year....

*Grumble *Grumble
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
20 grand extra? Consider it done!
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
3 cheers to footytube! Good work guys
FutbolPassion (Galatasaray SK) 5 years ago
Good work guys, I think footytube should be the top football site of the year! I checked the kickette website just for kicks (no pun intended). It seems its like for all women, behh, at least you can check out their profiles on their website without being logged in!
Ben (Arsenal) 5 years ago
And somehow you're turned off by that?
FutbolPassion (Galatasaray SK) 5 years ago
Nah not turned off at all by that .... Just seems like a website w/ a bit too much estrogen...
Osckarl (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Hey Lee, thanks for the shout-out!
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
footytube is right up there with the elites of football websites now, 1st place, here we come!
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Congratulations ! footytube is great ! Video, analysis, pictures, forum.... Great work ! Very amazing site !    Thks you !

Kick4Life - changing lives through football