Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Footytube + Kick4Life - Help Us Out & Win World Cup Tickets For 2!
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago

Over the years, we get hundreds of emails thanking us for the lifesaving service that footytube offers to footy lovers worldwide.

In the 3 years+ footytube has been going, we've never asked you for anything in return. Oh no, we just sit there in the background, tirelessly working our fingers to the bone, whilst you just sit there reaping the rewards and doing nothing!

Well, today, we thought we'd ask you to give a little back, as a way of saying thankyou to footytube for our 3 years hard labour.

Unless you've Gaffer taped a bin liner to the top third of your screen, you may have noticed that footytube has partnered with Kick4Life, a football charity from the UK that connects with disadvantaged kids in Africa by organising footy matches and promoting HIV awareness.

Just like Capello and Beckham when they visited the charity, footytube were so touched by the amazing things that Kick4Life are doing - through the power of football - that we simply had to do our bit to help out.

So when you're done watching videos on the site, instead of moving onto other things, take just 3 minutes out of your day to do a bit of lifesaving of your own and donate some money to this excellent cause.

How You Can Help

There are a number of ways you can get involved and help spread the word about Kick4Life

Make a Donation
Head on over to the Kick4Life footytube channel and find out more about what they are doing. If you can afford it, click the donations link on the right and send us whatever you can. If you are a footytube member, don't forget to include your username in the comment field, so we can make a fuss of you in the forums, and give you a big kiss and a cuddle.

As an added incentive, anyone who donates via our justgiving page will get a chance to win 2 free World Cup tickets via the Kick4Life world cup prize draw

Do a Sponsored Run, Organise a Sponsored Footy Match
If you'd like to take things a little further, why not go around your family and friends and collect sponsorship money for a 1 mile run, or even, organise a sponsored footy match with your mates? Or, if you're not the active type, you could raise money by doing something a little more sedate, like sitting in a bath of beer for the day (don't actually do that, it's probably better to drink it :) )

Email Your Friends
Let your friends know about what we are doing and send them a link to the Kick4Life footytube channel

Get Directly Involved
Travel, play football. Change lives. If you want to take things to the next level, Kick4Life are looking for players of all abilities for a 12-day tour of Africa in September 2010.

If you don’t fancy playing football but would still like to get involved, Kick4Life are also looking for up to ten people for essential support crew who will be involved in general organisation, promotion of the matches and helping with AIDS education sessions.

To take part you must be over 16, and raise a minimum of £2500 which will cover flights, accommodation, full board, transport, a range of activities, and a large donation to charity.
You can find out more at kick4life.org/getinvolved
Ipitov (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Nice work!  Its very good to help
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Do the people who raise the most money get the tickets or is it random?
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
It's a random draw
Cristiano9rocks (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Sweet!  
Whiemp (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Nice...
Hammad (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well I will see how can I help these children...
Koolomer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Sweeeeeeet
Shanki (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I appreciate your work!  I will see how can I help...
Millzallah (Barcelona) 4 years ago
This is awsome. I would most definitlty try and help in any way I can
Nizanassar (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Sweet man =]
Soccerbeast1234 (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Good work
Styleelement (Liverpool) 3 years ago
If I wanted to get a sponcered game how would one go about doing that?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football