Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
DreamFooty - 2010/2011 Results
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
The second full footytube Dreamfooty season has finally come to a close all the points have been tallied and the champagne has been put on ice for successful managers and hastily arranged press conferences for the not so successful ones (Mr Grant we are looking at you).

First of all I wish to say a big thank you for everyone that took part and especially those that helped out by giving us feedback in the forums.

The total number of players was just over 11,000.

$50 prizes will also go to users in positions 6th-25th all winners will be contacted via the email address they have provided. full league tables are available here

Congratulations to the top 25. Also notable mentions go to the winners of the 2 sub leagues:

The tables for the top scoring players and managers are shown here.

I thought I would compose a few more top tens for you to have a look at:

Bit of an unusual top ten and a much greater spread of players picked this year due to the inclusion of the Bundesliga.

An interesting fact, Mr Evra appeared in third place here last season with 766 points how is that for consistency!

Exact same order as last year.

We look forward to seeing you all back here at the start of the new season so make sure we have your correct email address so we can let you know when you can start picking those teams.
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
You have drogba twice in the "top ten most picked players"
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
And both of the drogba's have different points and users
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Opps so I did, correct top ten showing now with T. Silva making it in
11, 000 players, is that an increase from last year? Because for some reason I remember there being more people last year. It could be just my bad memory. It would be nice to see who was the most picked manager in those stats too. I have a feeling its allegri!

I wish I had picked the most picked player, might have got me those 26 extra points I needed. And at one point he was available at 6m just 2m more than neur (if I remember correctly).

Congrats to Matt618216466 and thank you to the footytube staff for another season of dreamfooty.

Btw, I changed my email address couple of weeks ago, would that be a problem?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Send matt your new e. Mail addy using the contact tag at the top of the page
Thanks tony, sent my message
Daalayo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I also have the same problem I changed my email. How can I email Matt I don't have his email and I can't meebo because he is not friends list?
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Just go here....Link: www.footytube.com/contact.php

And send Matt your new e-mail.......Sorted!
Daalayo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Thanks GreatScot
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Congrats everyone! Awesome work and thanks for a great season. Looking forward to the new features we roll out for the next season
New features! Are they being kept under wraps or can you reveal them?
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Agreed. Can you guys discuss what you're.... Discussing? Heh. No promises I know, I'm just curious what's being considered
I'll give you a hint, Sepp Blatter style game rigging. Just a joke - we never really reveal the big secrets until closer to the day. Last year we added a whole new league (Germany) so who knows what might happen this time
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Haha well played ant. FIFA is such a disgrace right now. They need the iron hand of Matt to sort them out
I've been wondering, and I know I'm not the only one but what chance is there of getting a prediction tournament up and running?

I know a few people have asked about it, not really heard anything else other than it was in the pipelines at one point!
I'd love to get this going but one problem is that we don't have the rights to list upcoming fixtures
I see, is it a tricky one to get around? Would a petition help things? Petitions are the way forward! Lol
A dirty protest, whats new at footytube?
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Couldn't you just give a direct link to somewhere that can give upcoming fixtures?
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Congratulations to matt (snooky) for his victory.
Thank you again for any team footytube.
Strongly next season, I hope there will be some news in the game
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hooray! And congrats to the top 3!
Wenrooney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I only took the game seriously from december on, joined the pro league and from 232, I managed to end up being 20th in the last 6 months.... Which for me is a great feat.... And the $50 prize money is just icing on the cake.... Thank you guys.... I love footytube.... (wasn't that obvious?)
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
Great year Matt! Thank you !
Johnleap1983 (FC Barcelona II) 3 years ago
Yeah
Jimmyjack (Schalke 04) 3 years ago
I'll win next season
Good luck with that jimmy, we can all dream.... Lol, where did you finish this season?
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I just joined footy, and picked up the best starting XI that I possibly could. Will the points be reset from 0 next season?
This season is over, and you will need to pick a new team when next season is starting. I believe you picked a team based on last years players.

Announcements will be made closer to the start of next season
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Just wanted to congratulate the winner matt!

I was up at the top for a while but didn't really apply myself towards the end (missing out on transfers). Oh well 16th place with the same players from the beginning is not so bad.

Wanted to also thank the footytube staff for this awesome manager game (this season was my first) and look forward to the next season
I have to say I was pretty surprised when you didn't change your team at all. At one point you were miles ahead of everybody, had you made some changes I am sure you could have won it.

Congrats to all the winners, awesome picking
Peteko 3 years ago
I always bitch that it is all about luck, but not really. Some people have a better eye for these things than others.

Congratulations to the winners. (Including the dude who got almost 6K points with only 100 mil in his budget. I am thinking of some clubs in England who could hire you. LOL.)

On to the next season now

Kick4Life - changing lives through football