Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Did Beckham Deserve Criticism?
Damine (Spain) 2 years ago
David Beckham was a very good football player but also the number one playboy for a few years.

Link: www.watchnflgamesonlinehd.com
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 4 years ago

Becks should come back and be a much more effective and potent threat, since he's been playing in Serie A as well as some international matches.... He is alway an loyal servant to the England and has been critised much by th eenglish media, Beckam doesn't deserve this
Ossie (Liverpool) 4 years ago
To be honest, I really didn't want Becks to come to the states in the first place. Him going to play for Galaxy in the states wouldnt/didnt help him at all in his career. If I were him I would have stayed in Europe and played at the top level instead of doing what he did and going to play with a team that isn't as good of quality as the clubs he's previously played for. By going to LA I think he only got worse by playing with the Galaxy because they arent at the same level as some of the great world class teams like Manchester United or Real Madrid
Jabernard (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Let the man play football. This is his last chance at world cup glory. MLS soccer is painful to watch. Yes, it is up and coming, and vastly improved in the past 5 years, but if the man thinks he can make the team and have one more shot at the most coveteted trophy in the world, let me go after it.

He possibly deserved the criticism, but he did not deserve the sensationalism. Honestly, who cares - let the man play football. All is fair in professional sports
Gurupitka (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Beckham should retire, with the look he got he should put much of his time in modeling career
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Americans should think about why they HAVE to put their hopes on this foreign player alone.
They pay the price for dreaming too big, too dramatic.
The team managers signed him for their own reasons.
If they're cheated, they should find their own way out.
Plus, football, oh excuse me, soccer, is a 11 men's game.
(Just in case those protesters don't understand.)
Last, more or less, Beckham did add some more ticket revenue.

I really wonder why some people wished him to save you. S. Soccer?
I guess soccer is just not violent enough to survive in the you. S.

Seantoon (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
Beckham was and still is a great player, he deserves alot of credit for his hard work at Manchester, Real Madrid, and spreading soccer to America!

Go Beckham! ^_^
Ikkigames (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Well, I think Beckham should have not come to LA galaxy because it such as waste of time and it cannot help his career. Beckham is a type of professional footballer that works hard for his team. Remember the time when he was in Real Madrid, he was abandoned by Capello (are. Madrid Coach at that time) but he still work hard in training and actually, his team mates talked to Capello about it and Beckham got back to the first team and helped madrid to won LA LIGA.

I think Beckham is just so upset in LA. Galaxy because the football system and atmosphere in USA is too different than Europe. I can see that he is happy in AC milan and he really wants to play in the world cup because they only way to get in england national TEAM is to join a Great team and play in a great league.

Well, not long ago, I watch a LA Galaxy match against Barcelona in Rosebowl and I really hate the fans that did not give a respect to Beckham. Some of them are booing him and cursing him. I thought it was really rude to do that. If it not for Beckham, who in the hell would watch MLS games. Just give him the respect that Beckham should get. I think he is a nice guy and he always be good to his fans that supported him all the way
[account-removed] 5 years ago
The fact that he went to the MLS gave the Galaxy fans the impression he was loyal and willing to stay there to live out his contract, as they should. But in fact his reasons for joining them were not anywhere near as pure as that, closer to making some huge bucks so he can pad his pillows with bills. But when AC came knocking he did what any other sportsman would do in his position and try and prolong his career.
These are the sportsmen of today and the vast majority don't play as much for the love of the game and passion for the club but more from a personal perspective. Criticising Becks is really putting down sportsmen over the world, this is just human nature to be greedy but true all the same. Expecting Beckham to stay is, painful as it is to say, extremely naive
Jman008 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Too pay from your own pocket to be able to stay at a club longer so you can play for your country is just amazing and alot of people wouldnt even think about it. That's how much he is devoted to his country and no one has the right to criticsize him for that. If you ask all players they will say Country first and then club
Jman008 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Some people would never understand how much a person has love for its coutry and you can see that in Beckham
Yic0ng (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Wad team was galaxy before beckham arrive. Beckham definetly dun deserve tat kind of treatment. If they think beckham is nt important then let him leave for AC. Beckham is just a legend !
Andyefc09 (Everton) 5 years ago
Let's face it beck's would play alot better if "poss" was his manager, She seem's to wear the boot's maybe she could give it ago, beck's is over rated what he did going over to them fan's was wrong, He knew there was people there to look after him is that why he did what he did, can't see him doing that in the street without body gaurds, I think beck's still think's he is bigger than football, he needs to get his head down and play football and show some respect to people paying to see him and his team, Who ever that maybe
Sphinx42 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
America was not built for football / soccer.... It's just a fact but.... Could I be wrong? Has anyone seen the confederations cup? Cause I remember seeing some great football from the Americans. I was not only surprised but astonished how well they played. I'm not saying this is the work of Beckham moving to the states.... But.... I didn't know 1 single team or player from America.... Until Posh boy moved there! And since the media has been highlighting the MLS.... I believe the American players grew stronger! (I could be wrong).... So I believe the media given on the move of star player Becks, helped the Americans strengthen the league and their national team.

I believe Donovan shouldn't have criticized Beckham as "Cheap", Donovan should have left those comments to private matter. To my knowledge cheap was the way the Fans reacted during the last few friendly games. Beckham should not be criticized on the way he plays but should be criticized on moving to the MLS in the first place. And why did he move? I blame his wife, but I also think he is a bit greedy when he sees $$$. I'm not saying it was a bad move just a bit to early like Smithybhoy83 said.

The way they pictured Beckham was totally misinterpreted, he is a world class footballer but when a player moves from one league to another their skill is sometimes hidden or decreased. Example: Andriy Shevchenko (and all he did was cross the English channel)
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
Bwwiley is totally on point here. Very nice post. I remember watching and thinking the same thing

Kick4Life - changing lives through football