Forums / The footytube Blog
Order: Newest / Oldest
Capello Quits As England Manager
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager, the Football Association has confirmed.

After a meeting today to discuss Fabio's comments over the FA's decision to strip John Terry of the England captaincy Capello resigned and the FA accepted.

Well at least they think that's what he said the italians grasp of english has never been masterful he could have just been saying 'I amfine' still the deed is done.

So what now for England? The timing is rather special with Harry Redknapp walking free of his tax evasion trial just a few hours earlier.

Who do you think should replace Capello and what effect do you think this will have on the England squad?
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I reckon it will be stuart pearce until harry becomes availabe, or IF he becomes available.
If he gets a top 4 finish with spurs it will be hard to walk away from champions league football into the cauldron of england manager's job with all it's pitfalls and bad press.
So I reckon harry's the favourite, but it's not cut and dried
Fussball (Barcelona) 2 years ago
God Save The Team! Just the last thing England Team were desperately waiting for! After all the chaos surrounding JT, FC, anything better than first round is a great achievement!
I don't know mate, I reckon an english manager could get a reaction from the players, they were going nowhere with cappello lets be honest
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
England needs a English manager. The players prefer it, that alone could make a difference in their attitude.

I might get fed up too if my manager only spoke 100 words of english
Even british kaden
Fussball (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I agree Capello didn't do wonders, but wasn't too bad either, topping the group in the qualifiers. The puzzle will remain as to what will take the current English team to win a title!
May be Arsene Wenger or Jose Mou?
Myriekid (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Good job capello.... You don't need them
Not now he's minted he doesent.... Lol, he got paid well over the odd's
Sam (Juventus) 2 years ago
Before people start suggesting Wenger, remember he won't be able to bring in French players, so that automatically disqualifies him!
Or kids
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Or players with weird names....    Wojciech Tomasz Szczęsny....
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Or be able to stalk people outside of barcelona's academy
Moe66 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Wenger would never leave arsenal for England national team, and Spurs Boss Harry would'nt leave the Spurs when their so good this season. I wounder who?
Citehzen (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Chris hughton
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Daglish
Otownballer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I think my favorite part about this little post is that it attempts to make fun of Capello's command of the English language with the following sentence:

"Well at least they think that's what he said the italians grasp of english has never been masterful he could of just been saying 'I amfine' still the deed is done. "

There are many fundamentally incorrect pieces to this wreck of a sentence, but the worse is surely, ".... Could of just been saying.... " Could of? Could of? I believe you mean "Could HAVE. "

There is no grammatically correct application for the phrase "could of. "

I love irony
FifaXX (Napoli) 2 years ago
Haha, you're right. It makes me wonder if I ever typed 'could of' instead of 'could have'.... I hope not, lol
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Oh the shame, my English teacher would be spinning in her grave (She should have never given me that 'C').    Edit FTW
Mispent youth matt, get it together man for gods sake.... Lol
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Guus Hiddink.... That is all
Vig2154 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hiddink
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Big Sam Allardyce. Just kidding! Some of us want to enjoy our fooball. I would nominate 'Arry!
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol, can't picture him there!
Dinglehater2 (West Bromwich Albion) 2 years ago
I thought Pardew would be a logical choice if Harry doesn't take it but he ruled himself out
Pardews time will come, he has age on his side, and he was right to turn it down  I think it will be harry, barring that.... Glenn hoddle
Kayteo (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I can't think of an english manager who doesn't play 4-4-2, and I can't think of a team winning anything major with 4-4-2 since france, who had makelele and viera as their midfield....

An english manager will make the players feel okay about playing terrible tactical football, and we'll all be upset after another era of failure. I think the england squad aren't the most talented in europe, without a tactician they're going nowhere.
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Euro 2012 is right around the corner.... Hopefully they get someone in there soon
Mark99 (Sporting Kansas City) 2 years ago
Alex Ferguson? LoL :)
Lol, fergie was asked today would he be interested in taking the england job, to which he replied "yes".... But only if I can get them relegated.... Lol
I think that's answered your question mate
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 2 years ago
Funny.... I wish he did though
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hiddinik I guess, or maybe a big suprise and Jose Mourinho will arrive?
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Keep dreaming!
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
I love the idea of Sir Alex. Mou no, nobody leaves Real Madrid
SirStig (Arsenal) 2 years ago
A Scot will never manage England lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football