Forums / footytube Meet-ups
Order: Newest / Oldest
Success Stories - Tell Us Yours!
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
If you manage to meet up with another footytube member and maybe even get to play a match, let us know in this topic! Photos and video clips would be even better
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago

Link: www.footytube.com/teams/australia/wellington-phoen...

I'll start us off. I've recently accepted the role of stretcher bearer manager for an A-League team, the Wellington Phoenix here in New Zealand. This means that I arrange two benches of four people each, who's job it is to carry off injured players if needs be. I've seen some pretty bad injuries in the last couple of years and get on the pitch roughly one in every six or so games.

Here's a photo of the stretcher bearers in action.

I had been talking to one of the other staff members on here called Spencer, who also lives in New Zealand, and he mentioned that he would be in Wellington this weekend just passed. Well, I didn't hesitate to ask him if he'd like to be involved in a match and he naturally jumped at the chance.

We met up at the usual place the stretcher bearers congregate before a game and we recognised each other instantly, even though we hadn't met before. I have to admit I didn't know what to expect about what he might be like, but he's a funny, down to earth guy that has a fantastic knowledge of football. After some handshakes we all went up to the stadium together and got our security passes and prepared for the game.

Lucky for us, it was an absolutely fantastic match for the Wellington Phoenix. They went into the match bottom of the league, facing off againt the top team, and in the end they won it 6-0! A great time was had by all.

Here's a photo of us looking like jackasses on the pitch right at the full time whistle.

Here's the highlights of the the match we worked at together.

Link: www.footytube.com/video/wellington-phoenix-gold-co...

For my first experience meeting a footytuber, I have to say it was a good one and I hope there's many more meetings with other fellow footytube users in the future!

Ps: As an aside, I'll also be working the New Zealand All-Whites World cup play-off in the same role. Exciting times
Salt (Aston Villa) 5 years ago
Again, thanks for the opportunity to not only attend a game in a professional capacity but also to meet a genuine footytube legend in the flesh! Ant is every bit as cool and smart in real life as he seems on here. We got on famously and I'm sensing a potential footytube Bromance in the offering!

But seriously, Kids, if any other Footytubers get the chance to arrange a meet-up I would urge you all to do it. The possibility of getting a footytube team together for a few friendlies would be tremendous, in my opinion. And that surely has to be a realistic aim when you consider how many users are in the UK and the States, amongst other countries.

Get on it, Boys!
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
Wow can I add P. Ifill to my dreamfooty squad. He s talented...
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
What lucky him! I need you to go be a stretcher bearer for the world cup! And get me in on the Bosnia game haha I am gonna' make it to New Zeland and come hang out! I like your outfits haha

Can I do something like this!

Salt (Aston Villa) 5 years ago
An injury and a faceful of sack? Nice.

But I was seriously having visions of putting some poor player through this kind of ordeal on my stretcher-bearing debut!
BNetworks (Chelsea) 4 years ago
That is the reason why stretcher bearers must work in teams of 4. Either that or use a modified golf caddy cart
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I know it's cruel, but I laughed like an idiot with this clip. Chaplin-style
Tanveer111 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Da Man UTD cumbak waz da best against west ham  
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Did you press shuffle in the forums and just write wherever opened?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
We live and learn ant, I'm saying no more.... Lol
Peteko 3 years ago
Hahahahahahaha,    Not a bad thread to bump though. Lol
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Some utd fans, lool

Kick4Life - changing lives through football