Forums / Fiorentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fiorentina V Olympique Lyon, Nov 24
Yashku (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
What a nail-biter. Dominated the first half, hit the post twice, scored from the spot, then missed two sitters in the second half and had to overcome sustained pressure on our goal for the final quarter. Fantastic result in the end, maybe now we will finally get some recognition around europe because we deserve it.

I guess now attention turns to the draw for the second round. If we are against english opposition or-- god forbid-- a team like barcelona, then we are in trouble. But I guess it's a coin toss and a decision between the devil and the deep blue sea. Either way, a great learning experience for our boys, and a fantastic performance by some of them.

In particular, I thought that mario santana, ricardo montolivo, di silvestre, and juan vargas really showed character and sharpness, and sebastian frey did what he does best every game-- save our asses, almost literally at times. I was so impressed with montolivo though, if only he could get his act together and be more consistent, he has the physique and technical ability to be even more influential than someone like cesc fabregas.

Terrific result, andiamo viola!
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Thank you for the post my great friend! All on point and well written. This team is an exercise in frustration.... One week excellent.... The next.... No so much. I think we will continue to do this all year so fasten your seat belt and hang on for the ride!

Onr more thing.... S. Frey should be payed $80 Mil.... His form is at the top in all of Europe right now.... Week in and week out he consistently saves this team. You can tell me all about Cech or Buffon or whatever.... For my money Frey is the best this year and I hope he gets some respect worldwide.

Let me add that Viola is playing their best in Champions play.... And that is a wonderful thing to see
Batigolmania (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
I hope la viola not meet barca on the next stage.... I love both team.... Hehe.... I hope fiorentina stay in the champion league as long as possible and more consistent in serie A.... Btw gila miss several chance in this match.... Excellent perfomance by frey, after dissapointing play againts parma
[account-removed] 4 years ago
f**k off man fiorentina.... Why do you even try to proceed to knock out stage.... As if you can win the champions league...
MANARSENAL (Manchester United) 4 years ago
As if liverpool is able to win it....  
Sparkannon (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Because the table says that the top two team qualifies for d knock out stage? Duh
HUAIMINICHEKO (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Chill. (:  No one know who will win. Maybe a underdog?  Anw, to manarsenal, we won it 5 times
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Liverpool won it 5 times but is not as if you can win it this season
Sticklebricks (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Chill out LiverpoolMan. Why do Fiorentina try to proceed to the knockout phase? Why would they not want to?

You are giving Liverpool fans a bad name with your bitterness. Have yiou forgotten the welcome he Fiorentina fan groups gave to Liverpool fans? They asked to be twinned with Liverpool remember? And laid on a big party welcome. Lets hope the Liverpool fans return the gesture
What a stupid comment to make Liverpoolman. You should consider this result a blessing in disguise, and if Liverpool use it constructively, can begin to rebuild themselves. Apart from signing Torres, Kuyt, and Benayoun, the rest of the transfers you guys made have been ridiculously wasteful.

Take a look at Fiorentina's transfer history-- we don't have much money, but signings like Santana, Jovetic, Montolivo, Melo, Zanetti, Marchionni, Vargas have made us a fantastic, creative, expansive and attacking side. Granted, we are suffering from playing two games a week, but we are not a big club.

And on the topic of Liverpool being a big club and thereofore having the sacred right to pass to the second round: consider yourselves lucky you were on the end of a two nil defeat at the Artemio. We play expansive, attacking, beautiful football, and rely on our squad as opposed to individuals to progress. That is the beauty of this Fiorentina side, and why we deserve to qualify to the next round
Take note people.... This is how you respond to a badly written post...
Cloudst 4 years ago
Bye bye liverpool see you next year
Gomlee (Manchester United) 4 years ago
It's not just about winning pl, there's allot of money to get there.... And this was really allready done last group stage for liverpool. Exactly what chances do you think liverpool would of had winning the champions league this year when they can't even win games in the PL? Honestly.... You just proved your an idiot
PaulieMANutd (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Sorry for Liverpool fans out there but you ought to pick a better team to support. At least as long as you are stuck with Rafa .... Anyhow Fiorentina and Lyon deserved it. I'm just sorry that Gerrard is out of the competition
DefenseStriker (Olympique Lyon) 4 years ago
Florence got lucky with the wrongfully called penalty in the box. However, I would say the Lyonnais defence faltered one too many times to redeem a win
Sticklebricks (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
DefenseStriker - take a look at the replay - the defender went into the back of his legs. A very clumsy challenge, and nowhere near the ball
Excellent.... Do any of these people actually watch these games? Viola should have 2 more goals.... And furthermore they thoroughly outplayed OL.... The calls were right and there is nothing to complain about
Bluezombi (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Good game, I like both team, well lyon just because of pjanic that kid is got some foot on him. I'm hoping he'll lead bosnia to one of the big events in a very near future
Bharatballack (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Fiorentina played awsum    They shld hav won ths game 3-0    And ya sad fr livpool  They are out evn though they won
Thanai (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Good luck fiorentina
Mastro21 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Frey is soo sikk, watch out for the purple attack jack!
Imagunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Both of these two teams deserve to go to the 1/8. Good game from both
Marvinho (Arsenal) 4 years ago
This is to Yashkus comment about montolivo lol I love and respect Fiorentina but never could/will montolivo be as great player as the great cesc fabregas! He grew up playing with barca and players like ronaldinho and xavi and then at arsenal with leaders like veira, bergkamp and henry and of course under the wing of arsene wenger. Their in 2 totally different classes my friend. It's a nice pipe dream though
I agree with you, I think what I was trying to say is that he has a very powerful physique, great technical skills, and an eye for a pass and shot on goal. I think that if he could try and model himself on someone like Fabregas, he would be fantastic. Probably not a match for Cesc, who is something a bit special, but nonetheless, Montolivo is a genuine player of quality. I wouldn't be surprised if one day Wenger took a look at him because he brings defensive steel and awareness, as well as great technical skill. So, I did overstate things and am in agreement with you, but nonetheless, watch Fiorentina when he plays because he is a player of genuine quality
Hawaiichris (Napoli) 4 years ago
Liverpoolman, yeah after they demolished 1-0 mighty Debreceni, I guess you feel like Liverpool has a chance to win the Champions, funny
HUAIMINICHEKO (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Shutup
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Stupid ManUre Fans don't tell us who we should support....
We support liverpool because we think they are the strongest club on their day. Unlike you losers who supports manure because they are winning things, just wait after this season.... You will see old toilet attendence drop by 1/2
Chrisg (Birmingham City) 4 years ago
Pretty good game here. Fiorentina looking good in the champions league this year

Kick4Life - changing lives through football