Forums / Fiorentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fiorentina V AS Bari, Jan 10
Yashku (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Ok I'm going to go so far to say that today was a pretty significant day for Fiorentina. We did several things which could have a lasting impact for the rest of the season:

Firstly, we beat a very competitive, dangerous, and "complete" looking Bari team. They have a couple of very impressive individuals, and their goalkeeper was on good form today. They have shown a great deal of tactical awareness considering they went to the San Siro twice, and salvaged draws from a very confident and well resourced Inter team, and what is actually proving to be a pretty vibrant and attack-minded Milan team.

Secondly, we came from a goal behind to record what was a solid victory. I thought the guys' heads might drop after going a goal down considering we had three excellent opportunities to open the scoring, but they persevered and got their just deserves.

Finally, I think that if Montolivo can make sure to switch himself on more often and more consistently, we have a future Andrea Pirlo on our hands. His advantage? The fact that he is physically more robust, but at the same time possesses a delicate finesse and touch of the ball. He was epic against Liverpool and Lyon, and needs to find a way of being more consistent. Fantastic if he could get a solid role in the Italian midfield for the World Cup.

I think today we saw why it is important we try and actually get Miguel Veloso to our club-- I'm afraid that Donadel just isn't able to pick up the slack, and it leaves us vulnerable at times.

Hope Jovetic returns soon so that we can get our Holy Trinity going-- Mutu showed a lot of guile and dexterity in his play, which is great to see.

Andiamo Viola!
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Very well said mate....
V3nom (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Yeah I totally agree with you, I hope Viola will be close to the Top of Seria A
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Nice job my friend. I too love Montolivo and he is all that. Veloso would be much better than Donadel without a doubt.... I agree with you on the game and the possible effects down the road. We shall see.... If at some point we can be a complete team with all the stars healthy.... We can literally beat anyone, and I mean that too
Thanai (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Jose Castillo struck the winning goal for Fiorentina as the Viola came from behind against Bari
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Awesome come back for Fio.... Mutu has been very impressive lately...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football