Forums / Fiorentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fiorentina Chat
Francocu (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
f**k you Mutu what the f**k! Fuc f**k fuck, you doped f**k!
Minadeo (Juventus) 4 years ago
They should have sold him to Man City. As talented as he is, this should always have been Gilardino's team and they have more than adequate offensive support players for him. This recent development could actually help the chemistry of the team. (Didn't they play better when Mutu was out - the latest form has not been so good)
Mastro21 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
I don't get how this drug would effect performances on the field, its an appetite suppressant  
Why would a world class soccer player in training need an appetite suppressant? It is either an amphetamine or a masking agent (or, since I haven't seen the report, it could have been something else, cocaine maybe?).

If you have Mutu's history, you would think he would have a pharmacologist and Serie A official approve of everything he would even think about taking. If he is not doing illegal drugs again, then he is just plain stupid.
From his agents comments, it seems he has cost himself his career. And, does he still have to pay Chelsea back? That will be hard to do if he is bagging groceries at the local deli
Looked it up. Sibutramine is related to methamphetamine. He could have been doing it recreationally or as a stimulant to perform better in the games. Either way, he seems to be in deep doo doo
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Mutu strikes again! I knew it.... He was on fire.... Time to get rid of him! We do not need this crap now. This pisses me off big time! This is a distraction we do not need. I don't care what the meds are.... You should not be failing drug tests
That will be hard to do if he is bagging groceries at the local deli. I am gonna' have to keep my eye on you Minadeo.... You are sharp my brother.... Very sharp!
Dear friends, I really don't understand this act. Fiorentina definitely knew about it, and when it came out, the fault was thrown completely to mutu and his mother.
I don't know the truth, but I can't believe that it was completely mutu's stupidity's fault.

Anyways, it's a disaster without him. Corvino only bought very young players, not ready to be at a good level for us to go on with champions league and get 4th at the end of the season.
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
The agent of Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu admits the Romanian is worried after his failed drugs test.

The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) announced on Thursday that the Fiorentina striker had tested positive for sibutramine, an anti-obesity drug, after a Serie A game between Fiorentina and Bari on January 10.

"I have spoken to Adrian, " said Mutu's agent Victor Becali.

"Clearly he is a little worried but we are optimistic.

"He will probably ask for analysis of the be sample. "

Last night, Viola chief Pantaleo Corvino was stunned to hear about the news from reporters, saying: "What are you talking about? "

Mutu = weak sauce....
Unbelievable that at this late in the season Fiorentina goes to play Cagliari two places behind them in the table. It seems they are unbeaten in at least their last five games. Now would be a good time for the Viola to get their act together.
Unbelievable year period! What is Palermo and Napoli doing up there also? As far as Viola go.... We shall see what the Mutu fiasco has wrought on Sunday
Cassano to fiorentina?  Expect a better champions league team now!
When did you hear that? If so I am totally geeked! Dump Mutu and give me Cassano! Just read it.... Wow! I am so stoked man.... Cassano up front with Gila and Jovetic and Vargas.... Yes!
I'm in Canada, and I saw it on RAI international at like 4pm saturday.... Its a sikkkk move.... Cassano would be good for champions league
Cassano is not coming. Fiorentina tied with cagliari  What a horrible period
Oh well.... Welcome to Draw Weekend In the Serie A.... Nothing changes except Roma get a little closer to wrapping up a top 4 finish. Viola played well but once again could not score in the second half. Milan blows yet another game...
Yah he snubbed fiorentina.... That couldve changed your season completely. Probably woudldve pushed them further into the champions league
Keirrison looks alright but I don't think he's going to be key.
We need one that finalizes, the kicks that freaking ball inside the net. We always MAKE the games, higher ball possession, always in front of their goal.... And what?
Makes you crazy huh?
Indeed
Andy14 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Mutu knows how to party
Haha that's awesome...
No.... You got it wrong man.... His mother knows how to party.... He just happened to be at the party by accident. Don't be spreading no rumors
Hey Mastro.... Do me a favor.... Tell your boys to lighten up on us this next game ok? Maybe even a draw? Please?
Well see what I can do, hopefully the boys come out to play...
Where was the draw? Oh well.... You guys can coast now.... No threats whatsoever.... Easy as pie. Piece of cake. Roma aint gonna' get you and Milan already tried. Nice year. You deserve the championship and you are playing as champions right now. My hat's off to you Inter! Bravo!
Do you realize their is still another half a season minus 2 games left lol I hate everyone saying congrats inter. Just let them play to win lol don't tell them they have it already, I don't want them coasting, they need to be playing hard, so they can actually make it past the round of 16 in the champions league
Oh yeah I forgot that Inter sucks outside of Italy.... Oops.... Sorry bout that. Don't worry I won't tell em about it.... Haha
Hey, it might be interesting for you guys.
I found some videos with subtitles on the youtube channel of violachannel.... Like about jorgensen that has left. Hope it's interesting
Sandra24 (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Wow! What the ****! I hadn't checked what was new for awhile.... Since that humiliating defeat to palermo on (my birthday) the 24th of January.... And now I see and read all this sh** about mutu.... I can hardly believe that this is happening again....

Anyone else think its ironic that the Viola's sponser is Toyota? .... Right now with all their problems with recalls.... More coming out each day.... Who contaminated who?

Finding out all this today will make watching their match against roma on sunday strange.... I was looking forward to it, but now.... Agghh!
Toyota? There are no problems with Toyota cars here in Europe.... What happened?
Well,
They having major recalls on several models over stuck accelerators.... Some people have even died.... Now yesterday they are having reports of people have trouble with their brakes on the hybrid prius.... Also some lexus cars have the same parts that are not working right.... They are telling people to bring their cars to have the pedals fixed.... No word on what they are doing about the brake issues.... No recall there yet.... The problems are basically with only newer 2007-2010 models.... Its all over the news over here...
I hope this means that Toyota can't afford to sponsor us. Maybe we can get somebody way cooler. Good to see ya Sandra! Very weird year huh?
Yeah. Me too. A new sponsor might be good.... I agree its been a very weird year!
Youngy (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
How is a defeat to palermo 'humiliating'?
Ok.... So I did break down and am watching this match against roma.... I have a question.... Why don't they review goals or balls that go into the goal but shouldn't be a goal in soccer/football? In every other sport I watch (and that is many) they are always reviewing some part either whether it was a good goal in hockey or if the basket was a 2 or 3 point shot in basketball or whether the player was down at this yard line or that one in NFL football.... Its not like it would delay the game in soccer.... They already add stoppage time.... In these other sports its just considered better to take 30 seconds and get the call right than to cheat a team or player.... Just ask vargas if he would like a review on his good goal.... It should be fiorentina 1 roma 0 to start the second half...
Just watched the game.... Wow.... What a let down. We outplayed Roma most of the game but could not get the ball in the net. Had some great shots too. On the review stuff.... There has been a ton of comments and thoughts about this. I agree but the governing bodies of soccer do not.... Yet. The Vargas goal was dinied because Jovetic was offsides
Well, I hope that it gets changed in the near future.... Sports today without the use of technology that can help improve it is just ridiculous....
About teh vargas goal it should still have counted as jovetic wasn't in on the play anyway.... Frankly it was stolen to give roma the win.... Knowing itwas going to be a tight match anyway....
I forgot to mention beofre in my posting.... The soccer sunday show that was on before th egame was saying who to watch for each team whatever.... And they were really cruel about frey, saying he enjoyed teh holidays too much and was looking way to heavy.... He has never been overly thin.... He still can make the saves so who cares what his waist size is?! I thought it was stupid to say that....
Anyway, hope that next weeks game goes way better! It probably won't be on cable here anyway.... Will try to catch it streaming live online, I guess....
All journalists are assholes towards fiorentina, they keep on treating it badly, to protect the BIG ones.
For the offside, I think there was offside, even if just for an inch
About the review, i've lived the States a few years ago and I was surprised by such a method. I wish they bring it here also, but I still think.... They want to protect the BIG ones (just think about Calciopoli of just a few years ago).
Anyways, we played very well, but it still doesn't convince me. We want to play, but not to win
Wow.... Didn't know that the viola was so hated.... It does explain a few things though.... Its too bad it has to be that way.... But I know in other sports (and teams I follow) that the same stuff happens.... Don't like it but what can one do to change it? .... Not much....
Yeah, the whole having a review or replay of certain things does help tons with so many other sports they should definetly add it to this.... Although I believe over here it is used too much, I mean how many times and from how many different angles do you need to see some things? ....
I wasn't sure on the whole offside thing, but the coomentator on FSC thought the goal was good. That was my first reaction to it as well.... We couldn't both be wrong, right....
But it is over and done with so on to samp.... I just checked today and I will get to see it! I am pysched!
What channel is it on? I can only get streaming stuff here in my little cow town. I am worried about Doria.... Last year they beat us up right when we did not need it...
Andy14 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
You tell them joey!
Vargas was offside, off the initial pass he was onside, but it took a couple deflections, and the last touch did come off a fiorentina player.... In all honestly, I think the linesman got lucky calling it that way, I think he went for the first pass lol and for reviewing the play, this is soccer, not hockey, baseball, basketball or tennis. It keeps the sport original to keep technology out of it. I think it should stay this way. To add to that, no ref is perfect, and human error does come into effect
That is the biggest LOAD of crap I think I have ever heard ANY sportsfan say.... Human error should not decide a winner.... To take a second look at a play or call would not diminish soccer or make it less original it wold just make it more FAIR...
See? This is what happens when a real lady joins in the fray.... Lol.... Sandra is correct. This game should be using the technology.... It doesn't detract from the game a bit. If used properly it does not take the Human factor out of the game at all. Each manager has three opportunities to review a play. Simple. When it is used the clock is stopped also. Simple. Ref looks at the play and makes a decision.... Play continues. Simple. Fans are happy and fairness prevails. Simple again
You guys arent being smart about this at all, do you realize how difficult it would be to add review to this sport? What would review actually be used for? Lets try offside - anything over half is offside, so lets say a guy gets called offside right on half, but he's onside. Now what happens? It took away a break away, but your not sure if he'll score. So now what? We use the fair play rule and boot the ball back to the other teams goalie. That's useless, review doesn't settle anything there.
For the ball crossing the line or not, plantini is testing an extra ref in each penalty area. That will probably pass. What else could review solve, who touched the ball last before it went out? Yah lets slow the game down another hour to see whos throw in it is.... Yellow and red cards, why only 3 reviews.... Sometimes their are 16 yellow cards in a game and more then 3 are wrong.

Be serious with yourself for a second and actually think about this. How would review work?

Oh and vargas was still offside, get over it!
Same problem when they started it in football.... They figured it out. If you give the managers three challenges they would have to choose what to challenge right? If someone scores and the manager thinks he was offsides.... Or not offsides.... Then he challenges and they review it.... If he is right.... The points go.... If not then not. Same thing for a hand ball, etc. Or " did it cross the goal line? ".... You could not use it for fouls.... No way.... Too many of them.... Just for anything that involved scoring. Mostly offsides I would think. I agree with you on some stuff.... But to say it can't be done is wrong man.... Anything can be done. Three challenges is perfect.... That would be 6 total.... There is never that many hand balls or line calls or offsides that involve a score in a game. It has to involve a score or having influenced a score to be challenged.... It could work. One thing it would do is make the officials better.... So that is good.

Btw you are assuming that the play gets stopped.... No! It continues to it's finish. In other words.... He scores. Then the opposing mgr calls a challenge. It gets reviewed. It doesn't stop the play ever.

Oh and Vargas was offsides just like Roma was all day.... See? That would get challenged if they ref did not see it and let the goal stand. Best example: Henry would not have scored for France
The Henry goal wouldve been caught by the extra refs in the box, like in europa league....

So your way would work, but in order for it to work, the linesman puts his flag up for offside, but the play goes till the end. Then they have to decide if they want to challege or not? Do you know how much longer that would make certain games with 20 offsides? Lol

I mean it would solve the problem, but don't you think that's a bit much?
Not true.... If he could not see it or was obstructed.... And that would happen too. As far as the line judge goes.... No one is going to challenge every flag. They only have 3. So it would most likely happen on wide open runs that everybody can see is offsides but that the linesman missed. Or that everybody can see is Not offsides and he raises his flag anyway. If what you say might happen with the extra ref.... Then almost all of the mistakes would probably get overturned. In the interest of the flow of the game I hope the extra ref works.... In either case it needs to be fair.... The Henry goal kept a team from going to the WC and that is stupid because they outplayed France in that game
thanks for the props reidscott!
Really this is getting to be like listening to politicians discuss a new bill in congress.
Simple: if a call is going to decide a goal or the difference between one team winning or losing then there should be a way to re-examine if it was a goal or not. Don't get too nit-picky!....
Besides in Italian fooball they only call about 1/2 of the hand balls anyway....
I guess it's good to let women in on these discussion boards to stir things up....
It seems in all sports that they have realized that changes need to made to make it better.... They even realized this in tennis (with their new challenges and shot spot) and that sport is one of the oldest in existance....
That is simply the point.... Its not that I or anyone else think that refs/lineman need to be perfect or whatever.... But if they can make it more fair who says that it should't be improved?
I'm still completely agaisnt review in soccer, you won't change my mind. I'm just having an open mind about it for the sake of the conversation, and to see if we can actually come up with a flawless way of bringing in review so everyones happy.

And as far as what happened with Henry, a team didn't go to the world cup because the hand ball. Ireland still had to win the game after lol so its not like they were in the tournament already. And theres actually an interesting interview with roy keane on that topic.... He rips apart the ireland defence for letting the ball drop inside the 6 and all the missed oppertunities instead of blaming it on henry

I'm still not clear with the offside thing though, because if the ref puts the flag up for offside and its called before the play is finished how do you determine what happens next if its reviewed and found to not be offside
Sandra I'm sure your not the first person to stir something up in here, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with you being a lady either. That's just sexist! Lol
Hey!.... Don't be messin with my woman.... Lol.... (sexist humor)

As far as your question goes.... No challenge could be made until the play was finished.... And you are right about Henry.... They would have gone to kicks prob and who knows what would have happened.... But at least it would have been fair.

I think we have beaten this one to death peeps. We all agree that fairness is good. Sandra has a very good point about sports in general.... This can be done without compromising the integrity of the game.... So to at least consider it seriously would be smart
I think Mastro21 is paid by juventus to keep on cheating
Even if your comment is meant to be a joke I don't understand it?
Hypothesis:
Juventus pays referees to favour them
Juventus doesn't want technical advancements like review
Joke:
Anybody that doesn't back the review then could be actually being paid by juventus

I wish I was paid by juventus, that would solve all my money problems lol
Hey.... You are on Juve's payroll? Cool.... Can I get a loan.... Lol...
Fiorentina could really use some flower power, or there will be no european footy next year!
Go ahead.... You now have official authority to this Viola at will. We deserve it. Go for it.... Lol...
But I like them lol
I don't want them to lose lol well maybe v samp but I think I like samp better, but I still don't want them to finish 11th lol
Jeesh.... Make up your mind already.... Lol...
Lol for me its either inter or samp lol then fiorentina
So a perfect year for you would be Inter winning it all with Doria in 2nd and Viola 3rd. And they all play in the UEFA Champs. Could that even happen?
That would be a perfect year, but I don't know how samp would do in the champions league lol
So lets stick with the guys who can carry the flag further
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
If there was a year when it was possible, it would have been this year- second and third place are up for grabs and Sampdoria still may have a slight chance.... The Viola just fell off the wagon- the Mutu thing and Prandelli's name in so many rumors have completely shaken the confidence of the team
Gamberini out for 2 months and a half. He underwent surgery today
Ohhh. That's too bad.... More bad news for the viola....  
SaintLucas (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Fiorentina got robbed today. Terrible refereeing
Yup lol now all the fiorentina supporters in here are going to rip on me about video replay lol
LOL! Excellent!
Must be nice
Yes, indeed

Kick4Life - changing lives through football