Forums / Fiorentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fiorentina Chat
Revalesq (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
That first goal should have been credited as Frey(og)- first- after the break he looks like he ate someone then this- C'mon Frey- what happened to your form?
Prandelli- you need to stop playing faves and not playing the Pazzini's (or Papa Weigo who you never played) and sending them on. We would have a better record with his goals!
Yashku (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
I think Frey has been suffering from injury setbacks this season to be fair to the guy. Frankly, he's more impressive than both Iker Casillas and Gianluigi Buffon.

Pazzini has been badly missed but to be entirely honest, he wasn't fitting into the team particularly well and hopefully Jovetic will play more frequently so that some of the stress can be taken away from Mutu.

Papa Weigo should have had more time to prove himself, but to be honest, I really respect Prandelli's judgement of players. I lived in Florence the first year that Prandelli was in charge, the year Toni was top-scorer and Fiorentina finished fourth, and he's really brought this team to a level they could never have dreamed of achieving
Greatscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
Yashku.... Excellent comments. This has been a weird year all around hasn't it? I agree with you about Prandelli.... He has done a very good job. We still give up too many goals and sometimes just do not gel.... Like the Udinese match. But Viola is solid and we play with heart a good part of the time. Very interesting matches coming up.... We could get tripped up if we take any body for granted.... This is where the boys get seperated from the men. It has been fun watching Juventus slip.... And AC seems to have gotten their mo-jo back. If we play together we can end the season with our heads held high
I'm worried about the run-in, especially against Milan. They've hit form at the wrong time for Fiorentina, and I genuinely don't think that Genoa are going to lose more than one game at the most. That said, they are playing some relegation-threatened teams who will give them a lot of fight. I'm beginning to think the loss against Udinese could hurt s a lot.

It's frustrating that people pay such little attention to a team like Fiorentina-- they really are the Arsenal of the Serie A, and for any football purist, the team of choice.

Gila is reborne, Semioli has done well to replace Santana (who was really hitting his stride, but of course will never be called up by Maradona), Jovetic is growing in stature with every passing game. The only news we attract is bad news I. E. Felipe Melo possibly leaving to Arsenal, and Mutu feeling a little bit unhappy (allegedly).

This team is just bursting with beautiful, free-flowing football, and it would be a genuine loss to the Champions League if Genoa sneak into fourth ahead of Gli Gigliati
I too am worried about AC.... We are catching them at just the wrong time.... Kaka is back and even Becks is playing great right now.... That loss to Udenise was brutal.... It may be the one match we will regret. Go Viola!
Well, well, well, how things change in Serie A! Viola now sits firmly in command of it's future as Genoa and others falter. What is up with AC? One day they look smooth and the next they are a mess.... What happened to Roland? Does he have any impact anymore?

I feel good about our AC match.... We are playing very good D right now and we can cruise against Lecce.... Looks like an excellent year and we will do well this Summer. I am proud of them and the next few yrs look very good for the Viola.

Someone is going to step up to challenge the English teams in the next few yrs.... I see Viola making some solid addtions and could be that team. Hope they wait for me and my Gina to settle in Chianti so we can experience a European Championship!
Fiorentina have had an absolutely fabulous run-in. What a way to end it if we can beat Milan. I was at the match in 2005 when we beat them 3-1, when Toni scored twice and Jorgensen once. And guess who got the goal for Milan.... Gila himself! Maybe he can score a couple to pay me back for the near heart-failure he gave us that time around!

Who do you reckon we should try and recruit to the squad for next season. I eagerly anticipate Santana's return, and Semioli has been a great substitute for him. Jovetic has been a fantastic buy, and as I commented earlier, I think we are more in need of strong, steely, defence-minded players of the mould of Melo
Some thoughts: Frey did an outstanding job this year. I watched the Lecce match again.... We played better than I thought the first time I watched it. Gila tried every which way he could to get a goal but the angles were not there and he flat out missed too.... We should have won 3-2.... Jovetic has been stellar and I love his passion....

We do need to get stronger in the middle and I think they are looking at some players (names escape me right now)to take care of that issue.... The fact is this: we are not a high scoring team and we have a smaller budget.... So we have to be extremely tough on defence to keep the goals down....

The ace we have is Prandelli.... This guy is the single reason we are where we are right now, no question. He can do more with less than anyone in Serie A.... And he wants to stay! If we can make the def buys and continue to play with passion, our future is very bright. We must, however, begin to get more draws on the road.... The difference between us and the top teams is our road results.... Period. At home we are very tough to beat.
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
Hey.... What happened? I got kicked off 2. 0.... I now will be reidscott.... Oh well.... Gotta' work out he bugs! What do you guys think about the new 2. 0? I love it!
Very Very disappointed in this match.... I expected a draw here. We did not keep the ball and our shots on goal were wild.... Looking forward to next year.... Must make some changes.... All in all a good year but too many missed opportunities.... We cannot go on the road and come back with losses, period.

AC did not look unbeatable.... They just controled the ball better and finished better
Yeah what a let down.... The players just didn't look sharp enough to be perfectly honest, and I think the problem was that they celebrated the result at Lecce and it took some focus off the occasion of playing against what has been a very disappointing Milan team. Frankly, I am relieved that Ancelotti is gone from Milan, and I think Leonardo will bring in some younger players and make the Brazilian contingency play a more domineering role on the pitch (Ronaldinho, Pato, Kaka -- if he stays-- etc.). Hands off Melo!

I hope we bring in Julio Cruz from Inter, if the rumours are to be believed. How unfortunate that Crespo is looking for a bigger wage payoff from Genoa instead of coming to Fiorentina! Rumour has it that maybe Obafemi Martins will consider a switch to Fiorentina which would be interesting.

Next season I really think Jovetic is going to be a shining light and he's going to push some of the players around him like Montolivo to perform at a higher level. Hopefully we can find a way of accommodating all these great players.

If there's a way, Cesare will find it, so I have faith and optimism for next season
What the hell was that? Come on Viola!.... Aston Villa? .... With those horrible colors? Man we gotta' get it together or it's gonna' be a long winter.... I am seriously bummed.... S**T!
Yes! Finally my Viola get a draw on the road! Last season we had exactly 5 draws and 11 loses.... This year we need to turn that around to have any chance at a 3rd or 4th place finish.... Good start. They looked ok.... Not great but ok. This is something we can build on. Just get the damn draw on the road ok?
Ok.... Two draws on the road.... I am getting nervous. Think these guys may have figured out the key. De Silvestri on the way?
Another draw? At home? We usually own these guys at home.... So I am not impressed. Looks like we are doing better at our defence than last year but not scoring more than one goal....come on Viola!
Should have been 3-1 or 3-2 actually.... Well played.... I liked the overall performance. We look much better on D than last year
Naifla (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Go go fiorentina! I love batistuta and rui costa !
Me6666 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
7th doing ohright I suppose
Me6666 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
At least you are in the champo league
Should have been 3-0 but I will take it! Next match should be a draw. Well done Viola!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football