Forums / Fiorentina
Order: Newest / Oldest
Bayern München V Fiorentina, Feb 17
Nepoznati (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
Shame on the assisten referee ! He stole fiorentina...
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Who cares.    Decision is decision.    The most important thing is that Bayern's winning strike is NOT over!
Mastro21 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
BayernMunich.... Would you be saying this if these decisions went against bayern and they lost 2 - 1?
I can understand Fiorentinas fans who might be in a fury.

But when it comes down to it you have to accept the factual decision.

It's hard to do so but there is no other option...
Icarus505 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
If Bayern would have gotten robbed all the Munich fans would be singing a different tune. Pathetic to any fan who just accepts and says "who cares".
This is definitely true, but Bayern Munich is as any other team not always favored...
Forzajuve5467 (Juventus) 4 years ago
Bayern sucked this game they got so lucky. I hope they get barcelona again remember what happened last season I wish it happens again
Selecta (Manchester United) 4 years ago
How does uefa allow these officials to be picked for such important games? Same ref that ruined the chelsea-barcelona game last season.
What was the reasoning for the penalty on the first goal after bayern had already scored. If so then krøldrup should have been sent off.... Instead he goes on to score for fiorentina later on. And the second goal for bayern was a clear offside. Does UEFA at all check if the officials can see before giving them a refereeing licence because certainly doesn't look so.
And the red for fiorentina would be acceptable if he had given the same treatment to all.... Twice was there a bayern player who stamped on a fiorentina player right infront of the ref but in both cases he only gives a yellow.... UEFA really need to wake up instead of letting poor referees ruin important football games....
No point training and playing your hearts out when the referee can at any point destroy it for you and then get away with it
Danial95 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
I hope that no team gets Øvrebø as referee! In memoriam Chelsea-Barcelona! And now Bayern-Fiorentina...
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I don't even hav ea comment to make on ovrebo. Terrible official. As simple as that
Shattering performance
Thanks to Övrebö Bayern has a great initial position.

It was all Bayern in this game.

Florentina s**t a brick and defended the whole time.

It's not worth mentioning that this victory is absolutely deserved.

Bayern will score in the second leg and then they will be through to the quaterfinals
SaintLucas (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This final score is a travesty. Ribery dived for the 1st goal, and it should have been ruled off. Olic was clearly offside for the 2nd goal, and that one should have been taken back
Lol did you watch the game?    Even if Övrebö had not given the penalty, it would have been a goal by Mario Gomez...
Joka527 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
But what about Gomez scoring the 1st goal anyway whether it was a dive or not? Just askin
Regardless of what happened with the first goal, if they let it stand or called the pk.... It wa converted so that matter should be close...
SaintLucas (Liverpool) 4 years ago
No. Watch it again. The referee blew his whistle after Ribery went down, which was a blatant dive. He awarded the penalty for that. Instead, he should have gave Ribery a yellow, and it should have been a goal kick, not a penalty. Mario Gomez's goal doesn't count either, since it came after the whistle
Haha never ever read something ridiculous like that.    Game should have been gone on and it should have been a goal by Mario Gomez.
It was a harsh penalty because he did go down easily, but not enough for a yellow card.... I have to agree with play on and goal.... The pk justified it though!
Joka527 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ok, how does one know if the referee blows his whistle it was for Ribery going down for a blatant dive OR for a foul & penalty? Is there a special whistle sound or something? I'm guessing that's why the ref goes over and talks with the linesman? And after that the ref awared a penalty. I understand Gomezs' goal not counting since it's after the whistle like you said but giving Ribery a yellow is completely your opinion instead of what actually happened
Kaplica (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
You guys should consider yourselves really lucky as both of your goals could have been easily disallowed. Anyways you play second leg away so watch out for justice (or referee) coming around and giving fiorentina some goals on their turf huh
The only thing Fiorentina is able to is to defend.

Gilardino is really harmlos and won't strike a goal in his present shape.

Bayern scored goals in the last 13 matches, so the encounter is already more or less decided!
Gilardino harmless?  Why don't you ask liverpool just how harmless he is lol
Well I just say 7xx minutes...
You really are very confident but you should give more credit to fact that playing on your home field is a big advantage, and fiorentina will have this advantage in the second leg. And you can say that they can only defend but it still won`t matter at all if they win and advance further instead of bayern - result is what matters, not how you achieved it...
You should consider the fact that Bayern Munich is much stronger outside the Allianz Arena

Because in the Allianz Arena nearly every time (like Fiorentina) tries to defend and for that reason it's hard to break through
Although the second goal was unfair, Bayern played great football. If the 2nd goal had not been counted, another goal for Bayern would happen in the next seconds. Bayern was on the peak of their performance to the end of the second half.

Look at the possession: 65% for Bayern!
Tough to say about the second goal.... I think fiorentina coudlve held them off, they were playing really good in the back
Yeah really nice defending, taking Ribéry and Robben nearly out of the game.

But in the end their performance wasn't rewarded thanks to the referee
@Maestro21:  I know that ACF defended very well but nevertheless Bayern insisted on the second goal
Yes bayern had a great advantage but fiorentina only wanted here not to lose goals which they failed to do, but you got to admit that it`s hard to play with 10 men for last 20 minutes and not be pushed back to defence
Kaplica, you convinced me to say that Bayern could have played better...
Bayern played good for most of the game and had really great moments. I`m just saying that it will have to do even better in the 2nd leg to overcome fiorentina, because you can say lots of things about italian teams but they can defend good, that`s for sure.... But I hope you can win because you play nice football to watch
I agree and I hope Bayern wins again, too, but then with a clear difference!
Bayern were pushing for the 2nd goal, but I really thought that fiorentina wouldve held them off. If the linesman caught that offside I think they wouldve been ok till the end, we all have opinions right?
Yeah it probably would have been 1:1.

But I think even with a 1:1 it wouldn't be a great problem for Bayern to go on to the quaterfinals
Well see.... That's what the 2nd leg is for right? Lol
That referee needs to be sacked or forced to retire. He is the most awful referee in the world! We all remember he robbed Chelsea and he should have been suspended and not Drogba for his performance. Is Football so corrup that UEFA and FIFA just lets these things happen an reject any proposals of video replay and fair play? Disgusting to see teams robbed regardless of who you support
FabryZ (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
And for me he is too fat for being a referee.... He can't run to see all the actions and this is so not good
Weird to see a barca fan complaining about the referee who gave them 3 trophies out of the 6 they won =/
I think any fan wants to see fair play regardless of who they root for. Such decisions always taint the victory for the winner and pisses off the loser. Eventhough Ovrebo gave the victory to Barca, it didn't make me "happy" but feel bad for a fighting Chelsea side who should have won or at least gone to penalties
This refereee is just scandalous.    Now there are already two countries in which Övrebö can't enter
FabryZ (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
I am disgusted to see some elementary errors in one-eighth of the champions league.... I don't love ACF but I have to admit ACF played much better than Bayern and if you honest you have to say the fiorentina deserved to win this match.... They played very well and incredibly they were robbed

PS: remember that gobbi should not receive a red card, and after, klose(did a very faul of direct red card) received only ridiculous yellow card....

So bad who really deserves to win actually lost (but in this case only thank of that non-existent offside ever seen in football history)
Lol I think there was no goal opportunity for Fiorentina in this match.

The goal after the corner was just a bit of luck.

It was all Bayern in this game.

Fiorentina just tried to defend which was the right tactic in my eyes
MaximOrlov (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Wow! He was super offside. Damn. Big mistake by the referee
Mafiaboss (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Bayern have shown good form coming into this game but they did not deserve to win.... They were less than convincing. Fiorentina who have struggled in league play fought well and didn't deserve to lose, Clearly that last goal was offside.... Check those refs again!
Howaythelads10 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
f**k SAPO!
ChelseaNut (Chelsea) 4 years ago
OATH!
Jaycee (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Bayern sucks.... That's it.... Hope Fiorentina will kick the priggish ass of bayern in the next game...
Sangonis (Bayern München) 4 years ago
You can never expect a logical comments from manu fans
Won't come true    Bayern will go to the quaterfinals and Milan too
Giuri (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Lol, Bayern back in late nineties shape, 90 minutes of uninspired football concluded by an offside goal some narcoleptic assistant had his own personal opinion on. Just like in the good old days

Then again, I don't know why Fiorentina gets all these "Awesome" votes. Good defending alright, but hardly a great champions league team when they play like that. If it weren't for the irregular goal, Bayern's victory would have been more or less deserved.

And as a Barcelona fan, I know Övrebö decisions tend to have an impact, but as for this particular game, stop bashing him: He went to the assistant after the Bayern "goal" and discussed the whole thing. I think he himself wasn't so sure, but the moron out on the touchline was, and given that the assistant's view was excellent, I kind of understand Övrebö went along when dude turned out to be convinced
You ppl must be retarded.... Who voted Bayern Lucky & Florentina Awesome?!?!? You ppl must be idiots. If anything Bayern were unlucky with all those chances not to score about 3, they completely dominated the entire game. Florentina defended very well it has to be said & were robbed of a draw by school by officiating at best but to say they were awesome!?!? You ppl must be out of your minds or I'm blind
Millzallah (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Your forgeting the difference in between fiorentina and bayern, one is an underdog and the other is a champ, that's the difference. When a underdog is making trouble for the champs then I would say that's awesome. I see why someone would vote that. You gotta' look at it from different perspective
You also have to add that they bayern were at home, so the flowers were always going to defend and try to sneak a goal in, like they did....
Now if they take a 1 - 0 lead in florence, its a different story....
Game ON
And you really have to remember that Klose was clearly offside. You must be out of your mind and blind that you don't take that into account. But your a Madrid fan so its expected
I believe in different perspectives in football.... But I deal with facts & what occurred, with that said yes Flo were the underdogs but in football anything can happen & Bayern ran rings around them.... Sure they defended very well & they were given it up the rear from the Linesman & clearly should've had a 1-1 draw on the night but to say they were lucky is madness. I would think Uefa should Fire that linesman because that standard of officiating isn't acceptable at any lvl.

@ Icarus505.... You just showed everyone on this site what a complete dumbass you are, simple reading & understanding you can't even grasp but just came here to spew garbage from your empty brain.... Thx
Well Bayern actually was lucky in terms of the second goal, but on the other hand they clearly dominated the whole game, so a victory is deserved all in all
I think a point each was really deserved.... Dominating in terms of possesion just isn't enough to say they deserved it anymore, they were fortunate to get the 2nd goal on a no call.... Fiorentina were equal to the task to defend and they did. So how can you say they did not deserve it?
DefenseStriker (Olympique Lyon) 4 years ago
Granted, both Bayern goals were, let's say, sketchy, But Gobbi deserved every f*****g bit of that red card. Just like Materazzi. The Italians continue to play some of the most disgustingly dirty soccer known
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Learned it from the French.... Lol....    
Lets get an old english perspective of that red card,  I think you might be getting called a little puss soon DefenseStriker....
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
The Red card was a joke. Yellow was appropriate. The officiating in this game was the worst of the entire season.... Go ahead and find a worse game this season.... Please.... Just so I can say it is the 2nd worse.... Lol...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football