Forums / Finland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spain V Finland, Mar 22
Thelowlow123 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Happy that Finland drew with the Champions good for them
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Spain need more world class strikers, they got a stack midfield but not a lot of great strikers.... Villa is like the only one, Torres hmm not quite sure about him he's pretty average if you ask me...
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Michu.... Decent striker but gets no love from "from the forest"    Also, is soldado injured?
Michu and Saldado yea they aright...
Coyb18 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I'm a huge Spain fan, but that's cool for Finland
GonzaloHiguain (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
France needs to maintain 1st place and I hope Spain fails to make the WC
I think France will win the group and Spain will head to the play offs...
De gea would have saved that with his ninja feet.... Just sayin'
Pukaki (Chelsea) 1 year ago
And let everything else go into the goal through his butter fingers.... Just sayin'
^5 straight cleansheets in the league, and the best save % of all premier league 1st choice goalkeepers would suggest otherwise (both this season and last season), pukaki. Don't make s**t up bruv

Besides that was finland's only shot on target, so your comment makes no sense anyways. Nice try.
At the end of the day de gea can't catch a cold let alone a ball
Shreevar (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Link: therepublikofmancunia.com/anders-lindegaard-leads-...

A Manchester United fan blog proves you wrong, SoccerIsfootball
Lol pukaki has nothing sensible to say, and nothing he can back with data, so he just continues to talk out of his asshole

Shreevar: take a closer look at the dates on the graphic. Epic fail from the poster on the blog. The chart reads "here are the statistics for all 30 goalkeepers who have played in the premier league through 20 games of the 2011/12 season."

So it's definitely now 2013, so those stats are for last season through 20 games. By the end of the season de gea had the #1 save% (Link: www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/top-ten/120712/reveal... )

The updated table at the end of the season is here:

Link: www.barriesview.com/2012/05/201112-premier-league-...

"After a slow start to his debut Premier League campaign, David De Gea ended the season with the league’s highest save percentage (77.86%) amongst regular goalkeepers."
"A quick glance at the WhoScored ratings shows that the top keeper in the league this season has been David De Gea (6.99) and on closer inspection of his stats it isn't hard to see why. It's easy to say that the Spaniard will concede fewer goals (the third fewest in the division - 31) because of United's strength out field but the league leaders have actually conceded more shots per game (13.1) than each of the rest of the top 7, and even Southampton.

Many pinpointed the first leg against Real Madrid as the night that De Gea really came of age in a United shirt but in truth he’d been having an impressive campaign in the most part up to that point. Over his 20 league starts the 22 year old has faced 90 shots on target and made 70 saves. His overall save success rate is therefore 77.8% and the best of any first choice keeper in the league - Swansea's reserve stopper Gerhard Tremmel has saved just over 80% of the shots he has faced in 12 appearances."

- dated as of march 13 2013

Link: www.whoscored.com/Blog/ofnlhjjngespu0to5uhkca/Show...
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 1 year ago
De Gea > Valdes    By 250% margin....    I can't believe people actually don't know about this fact....
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 1 year ago
Nobody cares about de gea
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 year ago
There's iker, Valdes, Reina and maybe De Gea. Not sure how this goal is Valdes' fault. Not too many keepers can save a goal from the 6 yard box from an unmarked striker
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Spain have to win the next match surely
Theyounggunner (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Funny how the start of this highlight video was busquets on the ground complaining to the ref hahah
Well done to finland, played out of their skin
Connections (Juventus) 1 year ago
LOL
Leonardito (Deportivo La Coruña) 1 year ago
After the substitutions Spain received the goal. They should have taken Finland more serious
UETIAN (Barcelona) 1 year ago
How ridiculous from Finland, its a shame for them. I mean throwing all their men to 18 yard box. Its not football for me. They should have played with a bit attacking mind. It was a complete boring game, waste of time
Pirbalovinco (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Oh come on, they played a style of football most suitable for the situation: if you play against Spain, you will most likely have to defend the whole game and if you have the skills, counter-attack---- Finland excels in hockey and other snow sports, they are not as highly skilled in football, so if they decide that their best format to play against the best team in the world is by having all their guys defending, then so be, its still football
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 1 year ago
Spain was in the lead and then gave it away....complain about your dumb side being complacent and not the Fins
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 1 year ago
What I'm hearing is: "oh please play into Spains hands, we have 90% possession so you should attack more"
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 1 year ago
When a barcelona fan starts complaining about their opponent parking their bus.... You know it's time for you to clap your hands to reward his shallowness...
Leonardito (Deportivo La Coruña) 1 year ago
@ nlst89: You better have some respect.

@ Theatreofdreams: Be sure You'll say the same thing too if Your team face bunch of ultra-defensive sides.
Elassjay (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Lol. Victor valdes as goalkeeper. What more do you expect
Avoee (Barcelona) 1 year ago
What valdes could do there? Where was arbeloa, or pique, or ramos?  
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Exactly. The guy was unmarked. Ramos got left in no-man's land. Valdes is supposed to save a goal at point blank range?
Elassjay (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Unmarked? You can't be serious. He was sandwiched by 2 defenders. Valdes should have come for that
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 1 year ago
Ohy and why is dumb Mickey Mouse keeper in goal for Spain.... There are at least 3 others (besides iker) who are better than him
Metsuri (Everton) 1 year ago
I'm Finnish and I didn't even bother to watch this match last evening.... Now when seeing the result I can say with joy.... 3 letters only.... WTF?
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Hehe
Mikaeljk (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
This was awesome, finland scored with their first shot on goal. Spain was too busy passing the ball around the box and suddenly boom! This happens when you're too arrogant and underestimate your opponent. Great day for finland and a great lesson for spain
Cyrilyon (Olympique Lyon) 1 year ago
They did the same thing vs France

Kick4Life - changing lives through football