Forums / FIFA 14
Order: Newest / Oldest
FIFA 14: The 5.5k Challenge!
Matt (Footytube Staff) 8 months ago

OK me and Araz have decided to get out of the glittering Ultimate Team rat race of trying to sign Ronaldo and have set up this challenge.

You have to create a team starting 11 that has a value of no more than 5500 coins.

So here is my squad:

I chose to go for Serie A for two reason 1) You do not pay the premium you do in premier league for top players. 2) I've not owned any Serie A players before so it was all exciting and new. I was actually shocked at the prices of some players here is the list.
Brkic 300
Bonucci 350
Benatia 750
Zunlga 400
De Sciglio 350
Cofie 150
Guarin 650
Hamsik 800
Bianbany 700
Gervinho 350
Higuain 700
Total spent = 5500

Yep that's right you can get Higuain (pay attention Wenger) for 700! (I actually saw one go for 650). There did arise an issue in Serie A in that there appears to be no decent/half decent left backs for 300-400 coin mark so I ended up putting a LM in there.

Araz went down a different route not wanting to travel too far these shores and driven by an unholy desire to have Kevin Mirallas in his team he decided to go for a budget Premier League team.

Here are the prices he paid:

Mirralas 700
Hernandez 650
Kone 450
Anderson 350
Henderson 300
Tiote 700
Vermaelen 750
Williams 300
Debuchy 400
Taylor 300
Begovic 600
Total spent = 5500

As you can see the bottom end of the Premier League has a bit more quality in it and Araz did well getting a couple of players for less than their respective 'Sell it Now' price.

So on paper it looked quite even but with myself holding TWO 84 rated players i was installed as early favourite. As we all know games are not won on paper so we will hold some head to head matches and see who comes out on top and let you know how they go. If we score any 'worldies' we will also post videos of them as well.

We are planning on introducing a % of the coins won we can spend on improving our side but that needs refining.

If you think you can put together a better (or at least more impressive) squad with the budget post it here and we will take a look. We may even challenge you (Xbox + Xbox One based at present).

Also if you have any other ideas for challenges let us know.

GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 7 months ago
Record the matches and post the stream on youtube so we can all watch    I'm PS4 so I can't get in this but would like to see it unfold
REOJoe (Liverpool) 7 months ago
Sounds like a good idea I will try this with someone I know
Bongojet (Arsenal) 7 months ago
That's great idea
Matt (Footytube Staff) 7 months ago
Game 1      
Game 2    
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 7 months ago
Messed up game this one, Araz the architect of his own downfall lol
Game 3    
Game 4    
Game 5    
Chowchow (Liverpool) 2 weeks ago
Now I am waiting for Fifa 15. Are the Fifa Credits or Fifa 15 coins expensive at that time

Kick4Life - changing lives through football