Forums / Feature Suggestions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Thumps Down?
Ltm017 3 years ago
I don't know if this has been suggested already, but I would like to suggest a thumbs down button. I think it would be very useful and it would cut down on rude votes because people don't agree with comments. I am not speaking personally but I have seen it happen a lot.... Yes myself included. I just think if a poster makes comment after comment that is disagreeable with a person then they can go ahead and vote the person rude, but for one comment that can probably be solved by a "thumbs down" would be quicker and more accurate evaluation.

Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Maybe not a bad idea, and maybe if the comment reaches say 10 thumbs down, the comment disappears off the page
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Its a very good suggestion and one that I suggested to the admins over and over a couple of years ago. The argument they made against it is exactly what we see on match pages. If Man United get beaten by wolves, you look at the team votes and Man United are rated as "excellent" and Wolves get rated as "Awful/Lucky".

Whoever wins the most, gets the most fans and therefore the most votes and all of a sudden you'd see very good, valid points made about certain player and certain teams get downvoted to hell.

I think as it stands having just a thumbs up button works quite well. If someone agrees with you they can just click 'thumbs up' and move on instead of writing "I agree". It can't really be abused. However the Thumbs down button has the potential to be abused.

Anyway, its certainly on the list to reconsider
I would only have it on teams chat pages ant, it means if someone is trolling the liverpool chat, the members themselves could regulate the page themselves without us having to go and remove it.
I wouldnt have it on any other forum
Ltm017 3 years ago
Thanks for replying guys. Can you please change the Thumps to Thumb? I didn't notice before.

I guess everyone has different opinion about it. I can also see where it can be abused, but recently someone gave a poster a rude vote because they disagreed with his opinion, which I don't believe there was anything rude or vulgar about it. I think it happens a lot where different opinions cause people to give a rude vote.

Just thought I would bring it up just in case it wasn't already
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Yep, I think if it was on team pages it would work well, but it could still lead to a bit of bullying maybe. No way am I changing thumps to thumbs, I much prefer it this way!
Thumbs up and thumps down
Thumper scally.... Lol
Ltm017 3 years ago
Funny guys
Bplittle (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think it'll get too negative. People get too irrationally negative already. Rude, votes for example. You say something that's not rude, just doesn't sound great to fans of a certain team, and you get rude votes thrown at you.
I don't think thumbs down are necessary, but that's my opinion
BoboRed (Leeds United) 3 years ago
THUMP

THUMB

Ltm017 3 years ago
Well goodness. It was a mistake and I read right over it. Honestly didn't even see it. You didn't have to be so dramatic about it though!
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Yes he did, it's Bobo! Lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football