Forums / Feature Suggestions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Opinion On Fan-traits And My Club
AniBhat (Arsenal) 5 years ago
1. For fan traits, now any subscribed user can vote(2) on any body's fan traits, it think it should stop.
Otherwise anybody who is jealous or somehow racial may give bad votes on other.

It should only friends who can give 2 votes and top friends can give 4 votes.

2. On my club page I would like to see detailed current my club's player list with their information and their should be Transfer caption also, where we will find last 5 years all transfers of my club and recent transfer with loan players and it should mention their price also, at least estimate price by media.

And my clubs official website links.

And 1 store room for images of my club. It use to change after every match-day, and we can't get earlier pics, so 1 store room with capacity of best 200 pics based on subscribed users or specific club's supporters vote
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
First off, sorry for the late response.

On #1 - It would be ignorant to act as if prejudices didn't exist but they are widespread and unavoidable. Any part of your profile could influence a negative vote, your interests, club team, nationality etc.

Your suggested system would be attempting to fix something that isn't broken. It would see users headhunting friends and harvesting votes as you determine who can vote. Everyone's profiles would be glowing with positives as it is only your friends who can vote, it would cause a lot of problems.

The current fan traits system has worked brilliantly since intoduced a few months back. As long as you keep making good quality posts, a sensible majority of footytube users will ensure a positive fan valuation through positive votes.

On #2 - The improved footytube experience of these features would be fairly disproportionate to the work involved.

You may see transfer info/player data on footytube during transfer windows in the future but this is entirely dependent on our data provider (Who are brilliant by the way.) All the club data you see on footytube is provided from an external source rather than info crunched by staff.

The pictures are a constant live stream so we never really 'save' them. Store rooms for every club would also need er.... Storage? Which is fairly complicated to say the least.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, constructive and helpful
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
To further andy's points....

#1 - he is spot on in saying fan traits system isn't broken.

#2 - we do hope to bring in a lot more club related data into the system at some point. Keep an eye out on developments in our openfooty platform, which is what powers footytube. Although we'd like to add a lot of this right now, we're a small team, and have to juggle priorities. Remember that FT2 is in beta, and we've come a long way in the last 6 months, but it does mean, there's still a rather large mountain that needs to be climbed until we can finally say we've done all we can.

Keep up the great suggestions
Mauijim (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Couple suggestions to the club and country "feelings" list:

Over the moon
Pleased
Satisfied
Cautious
Disappointed
Going to anger management
Drunken stupor
Verge of suicide

Cheers! Love the site
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yeah maybe adding a few more would be nice as silly to some people maybe be good and others bad

Kick4Life - changing lives through football