Forums / Feature Suggestions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Open Up The PRO+ Live Chat For All Users
3 years ago
As the title states. The number of users on the pro+ chat is always, without fail, 0.

Let us all get involved.

Live CHAT FOR THE masses!
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Seconded, if only for a week trial to see if it works
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I've no problem with it, but i'll let you know when I do.... Lmao
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I would make it you have to have been a member with X amount of comments before you qualify to chat in there, or a member for 6 months.
Keep the one off abusers out
Perhaps only people in top 100 fan valuation. That might get people trying hard to use the forums correctly? You get extra valuation for making good, well spelled posts on the forums
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
That would preclude more people than the current PRO+ only.

If we open up live chat to all I can see maybe two ways of doing it.

1) Have it only open for a limited period of time around live games.
2) Operate a one strike rule for any naughty so and so's.

Maybe both, I do like the idea though
3 years ago
How about by invitation/application only?
Or if valuation is greater than, say, 5 million and they have less rude votes than cool votes, or something? Some way to utilise the community trait voting would be good. As it stands, rude votes are seen as a badge of honour like Asbos. That would rapidly change if areas of the site were only open to good members
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I like the trait idea but I am also in favour of giving people a second chance. I think if we make it perfectly clear that you get one shot at behaving like a grown up we may see people less inclined to start winding people up/insulting/being a dick
Lifeguard 3 years ago
I like the idea, its harder to always reload the team chat pages to talk to people, besides this would free up the team pages as well during games, depending how many actually are allowed to chat
3 years ago
Any update on this?    Could be a pretty awesome feature for when there are plenty of folk online watching a live match
I think if we do it we need a big obvious "Do not use this if you are easily offended" warning because to be honest it won't be easy to moderate. I'd rather see the passion of the fans showing their delight/anger at a goal, than be banning them every three minutes
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Not really sure what this pro+ chat you speak of is. Is it somewhat like Meebo?
Pro+ chat features open up to you if you go Pro on the site.

Link: www.footytube.com/pro/

Its a live chat room, with as many people as are connected talking at once. So, yes, kind of like meebo but with multiple people
Alright thanks, I didn't know of the benefits of being "Pro" other than dreamfooty (which I'm not a part of yet)

I will most likely go Pro but the trolls are taking away from the footytube experience
Chat to any of the staff about it and we can sort it. Unless its being reported or discussed we probably don't know the extent of trolling
Trolling is trolling can't stop it. The thing is that it just takes away from the quality of conversation.

I promise you that I will go pro, but I will have to wait until how things go after the 2nd legs of the champions league.... And one leg in particular

Kick4Life - changing lives through football