Forums / Feature Suggestions
Order: Newest / Oldest
IPhone/iPod Touch App. Would Be Sweet!!
Mcgratma (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I suggest footytube jump on the apple iPhone/iPod Touch application bandwagon it is really taking off!There are so few halfway decent football apps it's shocking. But if you were to show as much dedication and expertise as you do with the footytube website you would wipe the floor with the competition, even outside the world of football! And although I'm sure you guys are not money grabbers you could still make a pretty penny if you charged even a small fee for the app.... I personally would pay up to a fiver if such an app existed.... Make sure it's footytube that gets my monay!But if you can't be arsed creating an app maybe a mobile friendly website.... That too would be awsome!Do the right thing footytube, make it happen!
Ps. I love footytube thank you!
Hybr1dGunn3r (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Yeah this is a good idea, too bad I don't have one.
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
That's a great idea. We will look into it. Only issue I see, is that iPhones don't play all video? Like I know it plays youtube ok, but I'm not sure it would work with the other embeds the site picks up. Not until they get a proper flash player for the iphone anyhow
Giorgakis (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Well the iphones and ipod touches can play any type of video that is. Mov, . Mp4 so I mean its limited but the app should be more focused on the banters and comments
Tanveer111 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah I mean being able to watch footy tube on your iPhone would be absolutely great, like instead of coming home and watching it on the laptop or computer you can just stream it on your iPhone, thanks for the suggestion
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Rumours are that the new iPhone and firmware will play flash properly (out end of june?). As of now, Flash isn't supported therefore footytube isn't supported. Another possible problem is getting it accepted by the sticklers at Apple app store, seeing as there's probably a layer of greyness over broadcast rights etc.

However, even with the above in mind, I'd happily pay for a footytube app whenever its possible!
From what I can tell, there are still business 'negotiations' going on with Adobe and Apple, and there's still no clear date as to when flash will be properly supported, despite it already being rolled out to Android. Looking at Dailymotion/Blip and Veoh, it seems they have some workarounds for iPhone support, so it may still be possible (although I haven't read anything about myspace video).

Assuming video support could be fudged, that just leaves us the small task of learning Objective C :/

Last time I attempted C, my head nearly imploded. :/
Walcott (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I was just going to sugges this feature, when I saw somebody else did.
This would really be great! footytube on the go would just be awesome.

The video part could be a little problem. You might want to check out the MLB app, they have videos on their iPhone app. (Link: mlb.mlb.com/mobile/iphone/ )
Also, a lot of videos from this site are from dailymotion. I mean the highlights uploaded by fred54 are also available on dailymotion, and you can see their videos on an iPhone.
You could check out their mobile site to see how they do it (Link: iphone.dailymotion.com/ ).

And for those who jailbreak their iPhone, if they install iMobileCinema, they can view almost every flash video featured on footytube.

I would love to help, but I'm not such a coder

Good luck!

Editow sorry I didn't read your last post where you already said you knew dailymotion had iphone vids
Edit 2: Apple launched their new software (3. 0) yesterday, and there is still no flash support
Lordsahim (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I agree and would love if I could check my footytube on the iphone
Yeah same here I mean it would be like a dream come true, it would be so easy I mean instead of coming home and watching it we would be able to watch it anywhere
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
It would definitely be great, chat and forum could definitely be included
Wannabgunner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Great idea!  I would love that...
I could imagine it being in the App Store with the ball and the antennas, that would be cool, I t would also expand the communnity here at footytube, because hundreds of football fans would read the description and download it especially if it was free!
At the moment, I use footytube through the Safari browser on my iPod touch. The only things that don't work are the videos as explained above, and the login screen, which is off way to the left. Well, sometimes the login screen is usable and I store cookies so I don't usually have to log in very often.

Ya same, it just gets frustrating typing and navigating the site am I right?
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hmm Well I don't have a prob navigating
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
Yeah is there another log-in page that I can use because I have the same problem on my touch 3rd Gen' as well
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I need this app. footytube looks too small on my ipod touch
Yes it is very small, by thankfully double tab and zoom in
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Dude my ipod is over sensitive. Stuff Happends when I double tab. Bad things D:
Like what my ipod touch works perfectly, tell me man, I'm good at this stuff I can help
I'd suggest using the Meebo chat feature at the bottom of the screen for helping Sergio with his iPhone. Save the topic for chatting about possible Footyube iPhone software
Aliko (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I think they can start first a lite version to check how good it can be integrated in the iphone or ipod touch!
That's a good idea I mean whats the point of jumping to a whole new level and not making it work
Hey I'm not sure about all the new features of the new iPhone software but I just got the new 3. 0 = 3G(s) software and the video I can works with it. So maybe you can do it with this upgrade
We're in talks with a company who are interested in developing the app for us, so it looks like it's going to happen. Will keep you posted
Nistelmoi (AC Milan) 5 years ago
THAT WILL BE THE coolest iphone APP EVER!  Don't even bother about iTunes, they are soo slow so you can try to promote it through Cydia
footytube is worth the App store. It's like the MLB app. The only good apps in Cydia that aren't in App store are "illegal". Like videorecording for 3G & 2G for example.
IFootytube would be awesome
[account-removed] 5 years ago
I need this app! THts would be awesome, then I could hit up my fave site on the go, I looooove you footytube
Danyulz (Liverpool) 5 years ago
IPOD app would be sweet. You should do one for the videos and one to track your fantasy team

Kick4Life - changing lives through football