Forums / Feature Suggestions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Have A Poll Going...
Sjsung (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Make life more interesting for us by adding a poll(s) on the homepage.

That way, everyone will vote, and it creates a nice discussion topic.

The question can be anything from "What will be the result in the derby match? " or "Which nation will fail to reach the Finals in 2010? "

Just a suggestion
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I like this idea. There would be a huge input if it was on the front page, and would be good to keep a record of everyones opinion like this.
We would have to avoid the kind of question like "Who is the best striker in the premiership" because whoever has the highest amount of fans would sway the vote. Eg, Berbatov or Rooney would win, even though they probably aren't the best.

Some questions like
- Should refs use video replays for critical incidents (yes/no)
- Should diving be a sending off offence (yes/no)

Yeah that's good.

No offence, but I rarely scroll down on the homepage.

I usually go straight to my profile or Arsenal forums.

The only time I really use the front page right now is for the video links
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Yeah front page is gonna' change a lot. It's not very exciting at the moment and doesn't do a lot to highlight what's going on in the community.

To be honest though this was a kinda' conscious decision on our part. We were worried that if we had too many people joining the community (with very few mods) we'd soon get overrun and not be able to cope. Indeed, this happened anyway in the first few months (just ask Ant - was a nightmare in the early days, with just 3 or 4 mods to look after 100's of users, with the tiny majority spoiling it for the rest....). Pretty sure we've got on top of those problems now though.

Anyhow, Polls definitely coming, along with a very cool 'Thread Evolution' idea we have that shows trending topics by vote category - funny, cool, interesting, argumentative etc
That's super cool!    Can't wait!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football