Forums / Feature Suggestions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Groupfooty Or Gangstersfooty ?
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Hi footytubers! I have a new idea, can we do gangs in footytube and giving points for points for teams like fan valuation. Each team will have some members, and the points are given according to their posts and contribution to this site! Staffs can join the gangs, the team should have captain hecan attract the new users to join their gangs, it may bring new attractions to the members, posting in comment walls are not calculated ! I hope you guys like the idea
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
It sounds good to me
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Sounds like fun
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
My only worries about this would be that new people would feel like the place was full of gangs that knew each other, and also there would be big rivalry between gangs which might get angry.

We already have a team name beside each user, which is somewhat like gangs, and you can see how angry that gets sometimes!

I know in Dreamfooty 2.0 (next year) we were planning on allowing custom leagues, much like the "top friends" league but you can choose who is in it

Link: www.footytube.com/DFLeaderboard.php?ltyp=myTFriend...

Anyway, the gangs idea isn't too bad but we'd need a friendlier name for it, or it'll sound like gangs of hooligans running about a football site
Rivarly between gangs are accepted, but you mods are there and according to rule if two gangs make fight their points will get decrease ! Simple ant! I hope the gangs will make good atmosphere around footytube!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
How about naming it 'Footycrews'?
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
This will actually be called footytubeGroups, and something similar is planned for version 3 of the profiles. Users can create groups, which have followers. Groups have their own forum and chatroom etc. Stay tuned
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Sounds cool as long as it does better than the chat function you created. Of course it hasn't gone live yet, which I think you should do
The live chatroom function is actually really really cool, it just hasn't caught on fully yet. Maybe going live (not just pro+) might be the way to go
Great lee! Release it soon!
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Well lets make it that its not compulsory to be in a gang, for the new people...
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
By Groups is this like facebook groups?  
Hmm yeah it could be like that
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
FootyGangs? Sounds a bit mad no?
To say the least if we named it footygangs I think people might be scared of us
Scary peoples!
This actually sound pretty cool lol, well I want to make a group for people under 13 and like the group can be called 'the cool kids' lol (was that too corny?) Well anyway in the group there can be like:
Me
Yogan
AyyamS5
Derbby22
Cianik
Lukas
Eoghan (maybe if I accept) LOL jks
And anyone else under 13 or maybe 14
I think a guild type thing would be awesome. nice on senth
Hehehe! Sergio!
I do like the idea that the better the group members do in Dreamfooty, fan valuation, competitions, that means everyone in the group does better. We would have to limit groups to perhaps a maximum of five or ten members, I think, otherwise we'd have a group with 300 members that just win everything.

Hahaa! 10 seems reasonable
Yea it does, that would be cool!
Yeah 10 will be good can you give me a list of people under 13 or 14 for the 'cool kids' group? Oh and If they are active only.... Like I found some People who are under 13 but like they hardely post anything! And also can we be a memeber of more than one group or only one?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
11 people, thens its like an actual football team. And while we're on that matter can we find people that are similar to us. Like same Country, similar age etc.
Hahaha! Ayyam rocks on it!
Yeah Nice Idea Ayyam! And we can pick who is going to be like striker and goalie and everything!
Hows about we go a little further with the idea and say that once you have your team of friends, you can enter a footytube league or cup of other members teams, and the scores are randomly generated every week (or else based on how good a member you have been)

This is actually a kick-ass idea
Loving it, But the Mods would surely win D:
Yeah! Mods would surley win! But we can still go for 2nd! LOL
Perhaps the mods can't enter a team then? Soccergal is in the top 5 members, and manuk is in top 10
[account-removed] 4 years ago
But there is one problem if we gonna' call it gang.
As utd have major fans at about 13800 or more. We would become a major gang and they will rule. And all would scare from that gang
Haha ;D I can see a glint in Kayshal's eyes
That's why its 11 people max in a group!
I hope he readed the ants post! Up here  
Alrighty I'll summarise it up for you guys....
Well firstly One person can join 2 or 3 groups Max and there can be 11 people in one group max. The groups get scores the same way Users get scores, so Fan Valuation and DreamFooty it will get caluculated the same way, so if a member in the group isn't posting much then the Fan Valuation will go down, so its not just one person who is doing all the work. Groups can have there own profile page and there has to be one captain and one vice captain. You can make Users either Goalies, Defenders, Midfielders or strikers but this isn't compulsory. You can enter a footytube league or cup and try aim for a prize at the end of the season. You can win a prize if your team gets the most points in DreamFooty or Fan Valuation. And also Maybe if the mods agree, a group can have its own DreamFooty team. Oh and also maybe a group can have their own chat room from Meebo.... If its possible and the groups can be called FootyGroups and then can have their own name for it.... And lastly its no compulsory to join a group and you can quit a group if you would like but only if you have a good reason and everyone accepts it.
Did I miss out on anything? Well anyways What do you Mods think about it? Whatdo you guys think weshould add to it?
Oh and Ant and I talked about it and he said that there could be a vote in a group to see who will be captain, and captains might have more responsibility like kicking people out of the group with everyones agreement
I already thought of two groups and one of them is:
Members:
AyyamS5
Soccergal293
Fifa18
Sabersupra
SKZaman
Cfc4eva
Thekazzter29

We're all really close family friends.

And Me and SKZaman are cousins. And my cousin (SKZamans sister married AyyamS5's cousin so me and AyyamS5 are kinds related too)

Our nickname can be the Canberrans Of footytube. Since we live in Canberra.
I know I'm the only girl its because no one in my age group and in the same community as us is a girl...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football