Forums / Feature Suggestions
Order: Newest / Oldest
General Suggestions.
BNetworks (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Actually have some time browsing through the page set-up and wish to suggest some modifications (sorry if they have been previously suggested but I have probably missed looking at them....) :

1. "About Us" profile page is probably much too low in the homepage. Maybe the mods would want to place it further up somewhere.
2. No. Of visits by visitors (You are visitor No....), current number of members and those on-line, countries (or rather the continent, eg. Europe, US, Asia, etc.) of members and other real-time information, all placed neatly on a single table strategically placed in the homepage. This may boost the rating of the site.

Thanks
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
It would be pretty cool to see how many people are online on footytube the whole time...
Torres3003 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Make prognostic competition with real prizes
Torres3003 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Get notified when someone answer your post and direct link to your old post from your profile
Moussinho (Valencia) 4 years ago
Oh. Yea that would be great, I really don't enjoy having to go a 'dig' for my old post
Joeymac (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Exactly what I was thinking, for now I have to remember where I posted and return to the page
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yes. Facebook style!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Tricky, you would have to return to the exact post, right now meebo just send you to the thread you posted on or made
Ltm017 3 years ago
That would be great!
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Good ideas but it may become a bit too cluttered. Maybe a link with the number of users currently online that will lead you to a more informative graph?
I think that there should be a messages option. What if I don't want everyone to see the message I'm sending to a person? And some people don't even know when you've written on their wall
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
If you write on someone's wall and they have provided an email address, they get an email announcing it. The messages idea is nice but it would be open to people sending hate mail and racism through the site, which we'd like to avoid.

If you add someone as a friend and they accept, that means both people want to chat to each other, and then you can use the meebo chat feature at the bottom. I don't think anybody should be able to message anybody they like without the other person agreeing first.

Make sense? Who knows though, in a while there may be a messaging system like you suggested. I know the guys have been talking about it behind the scenes before
But what if the person isn't online? I'm just saying .  Thanks anyway
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
If they're not online, you can use meebo to send them an offline message. We don't plan on adding private wall messages any time soon, but will implement this if the person you are messaging has you on their friend list. We're also going to be introducing footytube groups which will allow you to create special group pages with their own forum and members / chat area
I guess you can say that the only people you should be messaging privately are someone that both you and them call each other friends. Otherwise write on their wall.

I can't think of any positive reason why anyone would want to secretly write to someone else that doesn't want you as a friend. I can think of about five negative reasons though
Dvno893 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I don't know if this is too much of a hassle to implement or not, but having a search tool to look up something in a specific forum instead of all forums would be pretty useful
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It's kind of hard to find national teams in the drop down menus. Maybe the National Team could be the first team, then the clubs after?
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
National team menus will be switched when we go to World Cup mode, we're also adding an autosuggest search box, so you just type the name of *any* team you want to find and suggestions will come up for that team. It will also show users that match any query you begin typing
Now that's awesome
ElPeloHernandez (America de Cali) 4 years ago
Hey I just joined and what I realized when I first got to the home page was how cluttered it was and when I try to tell my friends about this site they seem to be turned off by all the clutter and not knowing where to start so my suggestion is to make it a bit more user friendly in the sense of appearance.

I love the site so far hope you repley and tell me what you guys think about this.
Thankz!
BNetworks (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Just another suggestion for site friendlies. I think more than often we make comments which are deemed by others as rude or insensitive and as a result, they are removed. Similarly for pictures (in silly caption comp.), copyrighted links and reused articles.

Will it be possible for the staff performing this removal function to post a short note in the initiators' comment wall to prompt him that the comment/pic/link has been removed for the respective reasons? This will at least help the user to define what can (or cannot) be posted here.

Eg. - I had a picture posted in Silly Caption Competition 3 days ago but it was removed though it was fairly new (wc2010 related) and previously unused. Don't understand why, so a short post in my comment wall can probably do some explanation...
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
Could you guys add retard to the fan traits, so instead of me having to tell some one that they are a retard I could just select it in their fan traits
Kiranpmody (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I spent 15 minutes looking for the best place to suggest that we should have a trait of 'Irritating' for people who are spamming the hell out of everyone on every game/team/league page. I don't feel it is right to vote the spammers as 'Rude' or 'Moody' or anything else to be honest. I think 'Irritating' works (although if you guys don't mind 'Retard', then that would be the best)
Irritating is a possibility, for sure. I think its better than moody as a trait. Any other words that aren't too offensive that you can think of? Annoying? Irritating? Hmm
Rogue4341 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Well if people aren't complaining about the trait names I don't think it is something to worry about. However, retard is not something to do just because of "political correctness"
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Fan Traits should be voted only by friends.... This way some hard-core fans cannot vote us rude.... !What you say?
Well, friends wouldn't vote you rude. If you write rude things, hang about in rivals forums, or insult others there's a chance you will be voted rude, simple as that.

I'm not saying you did any of those things, just saying that's what rude votes are for
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Ant should know, take a look at his pie chart.... Lol, and he's a nice guy
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hahaha.... Yeah well you are correct Ant ! Yet again!
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
It would be nice to be able to adjust our profile pics as some I don't use because it doesn't fit 'cause the size
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I'm the same charlie, but I'm not computer friendly, and havent a clue, I'm sure theres some way of resizing them without footytube having to make provision for it.
Someone will tell us no doubt the way around it
Tony its driving me mad I found a great pic to change to only to find that the head was cut off and I can resize if you wanna know 324x324 fits perfect but then it also stretches the image making the player look fat...
More emotions for how you feel about your team it would be good if the were funny
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Don't want to nag, but there is one issue that would make this site, at least in my opinion, much better, in terms of comfort and usability. I don't know if this has been suggested before, if it has then just delete my post.

My problem/annoyance: I never know if someone has commented/replied on my comment, or written in the thread/ on the game that I have commented in/on.

My suggestion/plead: Would be awesome if we could somehow recieve notice, by either sending us a message per email, or give us notice somehow on our FT profile.

Thanks!
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Right, kinda like facebook book kind of email replies...
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
I guess it would be sort of like facebook, its just I never know if anyone has replied on here just like I this post 15 hours late doesn't have to be per email if we can just be notified on our profile that would make things much easier!

Thanks
Rogue4341 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree with robb. Definitely get a reply notification, so you can continue to comment on a topic that interests you

Kick4Life - changing lives through football