Forums / FC Shakhtar Donetsk
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V FC Shakhtar Donetsk, Nov 7
Murda1 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
It was entertaining but Shaktar woww this team is wonderful.... They could have sealed it in the 2nd, but they missed some great chances! Congrats Chelsea!
Princefad1 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Thanks mate, see you at the Bridge on saturday
SpainChelsea4 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I HATE how people, especially chelsea fans are comparing torres and sturridge. Okay, we get it, torres isn't the best striker for chelsea. In fact he is below par. But common his goal was a beautiful deflection. He was at the right place at the right time. In fact this goal somewhat mirrors sturridge's goal vs. Manchester united when another error was made. Sturridge is a good striker yes, but he is not better than torres. They both make their fair share of mistakes, they both can be awfully clumsy on the ball and both find opportunities at their mercy. But they are a part of chelsea and we as chelsea fans need to stop comparing them and criticising our own players. Torres scored tonight! Be happy for the guy he surely needs this kind of luck
I4SUN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Mikel is so slack.... He just simply walked around.... He never turned around to look at where Shakhtar players may be.... At least not shown on video when conceded...
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Bro I feel you mate!
I always feel uncomfortable when I see Mikel on the line up honestly!
He cost us a goal against Juventus, he just stood there and was moping like a tourist! I was like dude WTF! You lost the damn ball and you're not even making any attempt to get it back!
I prefer Raul Meireles!
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
That means you've felt uncomfortable in every game this season, as he's played all. And we are missing top of the league because of a crazy referee! So you must be sad with all that discomfort!
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Shatkar are a baller ass team!
BillHicks (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Frack yerzzz!
Anada (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Deja Vu Drogba UCL final!
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 1 year ago
Genius tactic to place Moses in front of Cahill, who is a marked man on free kicks! Whoever's idea that was: class
Phenom (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Shahtar were more fit you could tell Chelsea Midfield were fatigued and playing in spurts
Sree (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
No you should see the end shaktar players exhausted from all the pacy movements and tired, I wounder that might cost them late goal, loosing concentration where as chelsea they keep up same tempo overall match a steady graph
Devrod (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Seemed like a cracker from the hilights
Ch3ls3a (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Ok seriously, What a JOKE of defence. We rarely get any help from the midfield. All the goals were really easy for Shakhtar. They were just picking players in our D and scoring. We got lucky. Mikel is not Chelsea standard, if we don't get a decent CDM in january then we need to call back essien. Shouldn't have let him go anyways. Mikel is a joke. I didn't watch the game but I'm sure LUIZ was s**t again. If it isn't for offense, our defence is a joke.
And all the haters talking about Torres getting lucky, You are only gonna' hit the bird if you at least point and shoot. So luck is there but effort is the key, appreciate that.
Defence, defence, defence. What is RDM doing about it? I don't KNOW! He needs to be more reactive!
Mikel is having a hard time at champions league he can't keep up with play but I think not having Cole hurt us today Bertrand was probably the worst player on the pitch
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 1 year ago
As much as I love Essien there is a good reason why we loaned him out. He is not the same player he was after suffering injuries. Mikel is given a hard time but it is a thankless task sitting in front of the defence. He can slow the tempo of Chelsea's play but he is a good player and a better option than Romeu
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Great game by both sides
Vitaliy166 (FC Shakhtar Donetsk) 1 year ago
Simply Chelsea got lucky, but that's football and I will congratulate Chelsea fans and wish them luck against Juventus!
With that logic you got lucky @ Donetsk but thanks Shakhtar have a very strong team and great understanding between players
Vitaliy166 (FC Shakhtar Donetsk) 1 year ago
In both games shakhtar were far far superior to Chelsea and if you think other wise so be it haha
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I agree and disagree!
You were by far the better team for sure, I'll admit to that, but I mean you create your own luck! And you guys did finish when you had the chance, but you missed a lot of chances.
You create your own luck, last I checked, Oscar's goal was world class!

But yea in the spirit of sportsmanship, it was a good game, you guys played well and I was scared for Chelsea but I was very optimistic that we would win at the last minute, using the logic that we scored an early and late goal in the first half, I figured we would score another late one in the second!
Rednickle123 1 year ago
Goal.com's rating made it seem as though mike didn't exist on this pitch.
And yes someone point out to torres 'great goal' as a proof of his old form
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I don't even bother with goal.com. I'm not sure where they are based but their writers sure have something against John Mikel. This guy has played every game since the start of the season, and is working so hard for the team. The hate for the guy on that site is quite distracting really, its so blatantly biased. Stopped going to their site as they have no clue
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Woo hoo way to goo chelsea well done blues keep it up
Piacenza (Seattle Sounders) 1 year ago
- how similar was moses' goal to drogba's vs. Bayern? Clutch headers.

- shakhtar played well, unlucky to come away with a loss.

- david luiz continues to disappoint as a lazy, clumsy and tactless defender

Kick4Life - changing lives through football