Forums / Everton
Order: Newest / Oldest
So Why This Team Anyway?
PropaScouser (Everton) 1 year ago
I was born a Liverpool fan. At the age of 6 I was taken by my Father & Uncle to my first game. It was Liverpool vs Tottenham (I think) in 1981 at Anfield. A month or so later a local residents association held a 'kids day out' to either Anfield or Goodison. My two elder brothers had tickets to go to Anfield. My Mother and I went with them to wave them off on the coach. I then saw a couple of friends on that coach and became insainly jealous and pleaded with my Mother to let me go also. Unfortunately I was refused entry by the coach driver due to lack of seats.... I began to cry
When all hope was lost a couple of other friends (Evertonians) from the 'Blue coach' saw me crying and asked me if I would like to go with them instead.

That day I was welcomed into the Everton Family with open arms. I went to Goodison, met the staff & players, went on the pitch, dressing rooms, trophy room.... The lot. I loved it!

Needless to say It didn't go down to well with my Father & Brothers. The next day they mocked me.... I said "liverpool fc had no room for me!.... Everton fc did. Now I am an Evertoinan".
22 years later and every day I still weather the storm from the red tongues in my family.
But I stand alone but Proud to be an Evertonian through and through.
This blue was born a red.... But he will most defintely die a blue
LuckyZucky (Everton) 1 year ago
*applauds enthusiastically*
Usa2018 (Everton) 1 year ago
Its the peoples club. One of the only clubs that isn't made of a bunch of sell outs. They love the game and actually love the club they play for. The fans are knowledgeable and don't accept less than 100% effort from the players. So many reasons its crazy
Pioneercolonel (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The better of the two Scousers to me. I don't support them, but I enjoy watching them nevertheless. Moyes is a respectable lad too
Dutchtoff (Everton) 3 years ago
I'd don't know, everton is the oldest club of Liverpool.  Real People supports everton!
Luuandrew2 (Everton) 3 years ago
I was on a school trip to England 5 years ago and I got to see Everton play. It was my first ever match I've attended
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Because of Cahill, and I respect them alot. And I belive david moyes is a fantastic coach!
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
I would like to know why you are a supporter of Everton.... Englands 4th best club ever. I started only last year.... I am an American and really liked the way Everton plays americans so started to watch them and was captured by their pluck and passion. Then did some research and liked em even more.... Having to contend with the monster called Pool....

If you can please list your reasons why you are a fan and some history as well.... Thanks!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football